Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges in the South

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ungangos

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-07-05

Stooges in the South Empty
PostSubject: Stooges in the South   Stooges in the South Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 4:48 am

We all know that the Stooges fit perfectly in the Detroit rock scene. They had a major following in the Midwest and Northern U.S. But what about other places, like in the southern U.S. in states like Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama, etc. Did anyone in that time period from the south even know who the Stooges were?
Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Stooges in the South   Stooges in the South Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:31 pm

I went to school in Richmond in the early 70s. Nobody had heard of them that I ran into. i take that back, one of my roomates played Fun House all the time. It was scratched tho and would hang up in the middle. He and his buddies were so down on reds that they couldnt get up to change it.
Back to top Go down
sway

sway

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Stooges in the South   Stooges in the South Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:11 pm

I have an uncle that caught them in Atlanta. He can't recall the date, but I also know there is a live recording of an Atlanta show (believe it was released with the deluxe version of Raw Power). This isn't to say that he was at that particular show, but it's possible.

They definitely had some sort of fan base in the south. Probably wasn't too large, but no doubt fans existed in the south.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges in the South   Stooges in the South Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges in the South
Page 1 of 1