Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges play Hyde Park July 2012

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Stooges play Hyde Park July 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Stooges play Hyde Park July 2012   Stooges play Hyde Park July 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Soundgarden confirmed to headline the opening night on Friday July 13th
We are very proud to confirm that the seminal American rock legends have been added to the bill for 2012 and tickets go on presale this Thursday

One of the founding bands of the infamous Seattle grunge scene of the 90s, Soundgarden reunited last year following a 14-year hiatus, and are set to release a brand new album later in the year.

The band - Chris Cornell, Kim Thayil, Matt Cameron and Ben Shepherd - along with their contemporaries Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam and Nirvana, were all pivotal in the creation of a brand new sound in alternative rock. Grunge became a worldwide phenomenon, not only impacting musically but on wider culture and fashion too.

Other additions to the lineup include the godfathers of punk, Iggy & The Stooges, whose high energy live shows and onstage antics always get the crowds going. The band are one of the most influential groups of the past 50 years, with the 1973 critically-acclaimed album Raw Power being cited by Kurt Cobain amongst many others as one of their top albums of all time.

Multi-million selling Cold Chisel have also been confirmed, playing their tough breed of seventies style rock and blues. Their new album No Plans was released earlier this year.

Tickets go on presale to all you lucky subscribers on Thursday 29th March at 9am, and general sale Friday 30th March, 9am.

Vodafonecustomers can buy tickets 48 hours before they go on general sale. Get yours from 9am, Wednesday 28 March at www.vodafone.co.uk/vip.

Bring on the summer!

Tickets cost about 55 quid including fees but not including postage. I think I'll wait and see if any more dates are announced in the UK before shelling out for this.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges play Hyde Park July 2012   Stooges play Hyde Park July 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Just saw an ad for this.

Glad to see their are in the UK at least.

Hope they make the small jump across to Ireland.

They could even replace the dolls recent vacancy at isle of wight (though maybe on a bigger stage)

HJW
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Stooges play Hyde Park July 2012   Stooges play Hyde Park July 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 7:27 pm

Hyde Park in july sound nice. Might have a paddle across the pond for this.
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Stooges play Hyde Park July 2012   Stooges play Hyde Park July 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 1:25 pm

Yep...hope to have a decent day job again soon, and pay out for this...I missed out on the Clapham Common gig when they played there, this would be even better I reckon, a must see, and i know some people locally who may be up for it, so fingers crossed I'll get to this one Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges play Hyde Park July 2012   Stooges play Hyde Park July 2012 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges play Hyde Park July 2012
Page 1 of 1