Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité.

Go down 
+2
soldier
webmaster@iggy-pop.com
6 posters
AuthorMessage
webmaster@iggy-pop.com

webmaster@iggy-pop.com

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-09-16

Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité. Empty
PostSubject: Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité.   Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 3:40 pm

Yesterday's gig at the Fête de l'Humanité (north of Paris) was supposed to be the last stand of the 2007 tour (obviously the Stooges have added 2 dates this fall in Spain and USA). Therefore we could have hope for a good gig...

Actually it was the worst one I ever saw Mad . First of all the conditions were lame or even horrible. 80 000 people were at that festival. Not all of them had come over to see the Stooges of course but it was really overcrowded tho and pretty tought to reach the front. there were some huge waves in the mosh pit before the gig even began. LOTS of girls and guys fell down and were totally smashed under our feets. Many of them had to be drag way back or to the first aid guys. The soil (made of sand) turned into an infermal big thick curtain of friigid dirt with the wind and waves of the audience. We could not see the damn stage nor the band even being 10 meters away from the first row ! And since Igg is not much into vivid lights, it was barely darkness and sandstorm all over the place.

The band itself wasn't at his top either. They fucked'up some songs and the setlist was so disapointing. Less than one hour, with no encore, no new songs, no surprises. It was really really bad. Everyone had to struggle for life and we haven't had anything good in return. If you compare this concert to the brilliant one we had earlier in July, it was total BS ! Sorry Igg, sorry Stooges, but it was so tough to survive this time, you had to give us more guts, more energy, more songs !

The setlist was

1.loose
2.streets
4.dog
5.dirt
6.tv eye
7.real cool
8.no fun
10.mindroom / funhouse / l.a blues
11.skullrings
12.double dog

Gui
Back to top Go down
http://www.iggy-pop.com
soldier

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité.   Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 4:07 pm

I agree
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité.   Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 4:09 pm

yeah it was a short set.

did you get the recording, i could give ya mine for free man.
this is brooks Smile

glad you got an account on here gui.
sorry the gig was lame.
Back to top Go down
webmaster@iggy-pop.com

webmaster@iggy-pop.com

PostSubject: Re: Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité.   Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 7:27 pm

No i did not get the recording and I don't really know if I want it. It's a bad memory...

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
yeah it was a short set.

did you get the recording, i could give ya mine for free man.
this is brooks Smile

glad you got an account on here gui.
sorry the gig was lame.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité.   Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 7:58 pm

its worth a download, im giving it to soldier as he was their(second row)
Back to top Go down
webmaster@iggy-pop.com

webmaster@iggy-pop.com

PostSubject: Re: Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité.   Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 1:51 pm

Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité.   Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 1:56 pm

page cannot be displyed it says
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité.   Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:34 pm

What a shame the gig didn't work for you Gui. Especially after the band have given some amazing performances this year.
I think that The Stooges need to be seen in small (ish) venues. The bigger the crowd the poorer the performance generally. And, frankly, the Stooges short festival set (containing nothing from the new album) is getting a bit repetitive.

It strikes me that giving the same energy and guts and sweat and blood every time, with exactly the same set of songs, must be getting harder and harder. I don't really understand why at least a couple of new tracks aren't performed. My Idea Of Fun always seemed to go down very well and She Took My Money stood up well in concert too. It shows a worrying lack of faith in the new material when nothing is included in an hour long set.

Anyway, let's hope that after a rest for the remainder of this year the Stooges return with bags of strong new material and get to play some more terrific gigs in suitable venues. No more festivals please, proper venues where we can see and hear properly.

Cheers,

Richard

ps - I know you said that the band screwed up a few times but I've downloaded the gig now and although I've not played it all through it sounds OK to me. What did they screw up?
Back to top Go down
webmaster@iggy-pop.com

webmaster@iggy-pop.com

PostSubject: Re: Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité.   Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 4:02 pm

I think it was the begining of 1969 but I'm not sure. It was mostly syncho problems btw the drums and guitar.

Igg has always been happy with playing the same setlist over and over again whilst he could change it everyday. how many sings has he written ? HUNDREDS ! He played almost always the same set from 1996 to summer 1999. That's bad when you're touring with him, I mean when you're a hardcore fan Smile

My biggest regret is that he only played "O solo mio" ONCE (and I was there so that's still good). It just would be totally perfect in his setlist to close the set or before Double dog.

adams66 wrote:
What a shame the gig didn't work for you Gui. Especially after the band have given some amazing performances this year.
I think that The Stooges need to be seen in small (ish) venues. The bigger the crowd the poorer the performance generally. And, frankly, the Stooges short festival set (containing nothing from the new album) is getting a bit repetitive.

It strikes me that giving the same energy and guts and sweat and blood every time, with exactly the same set of songs, must be getting harder and harder. I don't really understand why at least a couple of new tracks aren't performed. My Idea Of Fun always seemed to go down very well and She Took My Money stood up well in concert too. It shows a worrying lack of faith in the new material when nothing is included in an hour long set.

Anyway, let's hope that after a rest for the remainder of this year the Stooges return with bags of strong new material and get to play some more terrific gigs in suitable venues. No more festivals please, proper venues where we can see and hear properly.

Cheers,

Richard

ps - I know you said that the band screwed up a few times but I've downloaded the gig now and although I've not played it all through it sounds OK to me. What did they screw up?
Back to top Go down
webmaster@iggy-pop.com

webmaster@iggy-pop.com

PostSubject: Re: Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité.   Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 4:03 pm

I meant SONGS not sings.
Back to top Go down
adams66

PostSubject: Re: Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité.   Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 4:26 pm

When did he play O Solo Mio? And is there a recording of that show??
That would be so cool!

Good point about Iggy playing the same set through much of the late 1990s, but I thought things picked up with the Avenue B / Beat 'Em Up tours when he did a lot more new stuff and cut down on the obvious old classics. But you're right, with so many great songs to choose from it's a bit of a shame that he rarely dipped into his excellent back catalogue.
And now, obviously Ron doesn't like to play the Williamson era Stooges songs, so the possible choices are cut down even further.

But it still doesn't explain the lack of new Stooges songs. 16 tracks on The Weirdness, 4 on Skull Ring, and two versions of You Better Run all recorded in the past 4 years but only Skull Ring is played with any regularity, with tracks like Little Electric Chair and My Idea Of Fun cropping up only sometimes. As the year has gone on the 3 or 4 Weirdness songs that were played solidly on the US dates have all been dropped. Has Iggy gone off them?

Cheers,

Richard
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité.   Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 11:00 pm

He never played the song ATM at a full length real show. I love atm. he should at least play these 4 new songs at each show, Idea of fun, trollin, ATM, The weirdness (or free and freaky).
Back to top Go down
webmaster@iggy-pop.com

webmaster@iggy-pop.com

PostSubject: Re: Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité.   Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 1:44 am

He began his June 1st 2007 gig with ATM in Swit-fucking-Zerland
Back to top Go down
webmaster@iggy-pop.com

webmaster@iggy-pop.com

PostSubject: Re: Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité.   Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 1:45 am

It was in Paris in March. Yes, there's a fabulous video recording.

[quote="adams66"]When did he play O Solo Mio? And is there a recording of that show??
That would be so cool!
Back to top Go down
adams66

PostSubject: Re: Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité.   Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 8:42 am

Thanks. I must hunt that down.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité.   Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 3:00 pm

Actually it was the worst one I ever saw .
I agree with you Gui and getting back into Paris afterwards was a total nightmare !!
SixFour in 2005 was much more fun
Back to top Go down
stoogescraze

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité.   Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 12:40 am

He should have come to Italy. We were totally let down this year

wonder why - I should have gone to Switzerland to see them

Has anyone seen the Neuchatel shpw on June 1st ?

I saw the Stooges twice in 2006 and they were awesome !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité.   Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sept 15th, Fête de l'Humanité.
Page 1 of 1