Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

100 greatest guitarists of all time/why not JW ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

100 greatest guitarists of all time/why not JW ? Empty
PostSubject: 100 greatest guitarists of all time/why not JW ?   100 greatest guitarists of all time/why not JW ? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 3:35 pm

We all know that is 29 ron asheton best guitarist of all time (Rolling Stone).

james williamson but not in the top 100 greatest guitarists of all time despite the fact that raw power is a major influence on the punk.

Do you think that would JW deserved place in the top 100 best guitarist?

Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: 100 greatest guitarists of all time/why not JW ?   100 greatest guitarists of all time/why not JW ? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 11:08 pm

of course not ! because Rolling Stone sucks big time with this sort of stupid evaluation of guitar players whose style and career are totally unrelated.......the proof is that this topic , amongst others , comes back every single year since they have nothing to talk about !

let me guess who the top 5 is : Hendrix , Clapton , Page , K.Richards ????? what a surprise !!

do we need to be told who are the great ones ?

of course nothing personal , dude , but I can really do without this sort of press
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: 100 greatest guitarists of all time/why not JW ?   100 greatest guitarists of all time/why not JW ? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 11:54 pm

These sort of lists can be quite fun sometimes, and always stir up a good bit of debate, (and a lot of "WTF?" type questions) but ultimately any list of the 100 Greatest Guitarists, or Singers, or Ice Creams, or Goldfish, or Anything only reflects the opinion of the tiny number of people who contributed to the list.
As for James W, well I can't believe he gives a monkeys whether he's a better or worse guitarist than someone from an Indie band who happens to be flavour of the month at Rolling Stone.
I suppose, if it was me, I might be pleased to be listed with the likes of Hendrix, or John Lee Hooker or whoever, but really, what the fuck does it matter?
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: 100 greatest guitarists of all time/why not JW ?   100 greatest guitarists of all time/why not JW ? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 2:01 am

Being a guitar player, these list are always a joke to me. How do you evaluate best?
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: 100 greatest guitarists of all time/why not JW ?   100 greatest guitarists of all time/why not JW ? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:59 am

Like Adam says any empirical measurement of the quality of any art is impossible of course. It's obviously ridiculous to call one piece of art (or the career achievements of a guitarist) 'better' than another. The list is just a popularity contest. It really should be called 'the list of our 100 FAVOURITE guitarists, by the following named individuals...'.

If I was asked to identify the greatest guitar player who ever lived, on that basis, I'd choose Ron Asheton as number one, forget Hendrix, Clapton, and all the rest. Ron Asheton was the GREATEST guitarist of all time. Period. No question. End of story. imo. Razz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 100 greatest guitarists of all time/why not JW ?   100 greatest guitarists of all time/why not JW ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

100 greatest guitarists of all time/why not JW ?
Page 1 of 1