Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iggy Pop featuring David Bowie: Funtime

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

Iggy Pop featuring David Bowie: Funtime Empty
PostSubject: Iggy Pop featuring David Bowie: Funtime   Iggy Pop featuring David Bowie: Funtime Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:23 pm

Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop featuring David Bowie: Funtime   Iggy Pop featuring David Bowie: Funtime Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:27 pm

Another one I've not seen before either(at least officially) also at HMV:

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=659425
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop featuring David Bowie: Funtime   Iggy Pop featuring David Bowie: Funtime Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 6:44 pm

Without the tracklist I can't be 100% certain, but I'd be 99.9% certain that these are yet more reissues of the March 21 1977 Cleveland Agora Ballroom show. The same show that has been repackaged so many times that I've lost count.
It's a damn good gig, and if you don't already have a copy then it's massively recommended, but how many more times is this gig going to be pushed out, usually with horrible sleeves and incorrect info.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop featuring David Bowie: Funtime   Iggy Pop featuring David Bowie: Funtime Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 12:32 pm

yeah, super great , no tracklisting , no details , no nothing , great job hmv !
we love cds like these.............
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop featuring David Bowie: Funtime   Iggy Pop featuring David Bowie: Funtime Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:20 pm

is there any release of cleveland with correct running order complete with china girl in ex quality?

What we need is an expanded tv eye live with all gigs complete.
Back to top Go down
adams66

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop featuring David Bowie: Funtime   Iggy Pop featuring David Bowie: Funtime Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:29 pm

neven wrote:
is there any release of cleveland with correct running order complete with china girl in ex quality?

What we need is an expanded tv eye live with all gigs complete.

Quick answer - No. But there bloody well ought to be. There are a couple of versions of this gig which are basically in the right song order, but none, as far as I'm aware, have ever included the encores of Tonight, Some Weird Sin and China Girl, though most of China Girl was broadcast once and can be found floating around the internet if you look hard enough.

Yes we really could do with a decent expansion of TV Eye 1977 Live with the complete Cleveland show on one disc and the complete Kansas City gig (assuming the tapes still exist) on the other.

Or how about a deluxe remastered Idiot with the Cleveland show as a bonus, and a deluxe remastered Lust For Life with the Kansas City gig as a bonus?

Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop featuring David Bowie: Funtime   Iggy Pop featuring David Bowie: Funtime Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:17 pm

yes,something like that.

there were 2 cleveland shows 21 & 22 recorded for tv eye live?!? on the cds it's 21march I think.but the song on tv eye live listed as 22 is defenitly different to the same song on all those cds.
Back to top Go down
adams66

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop featuring David Bowie: Funtime   Iggy Pop featuring David Bowie: Funtime Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 9:35 am

The TV Eye album lists Dirt, TV Eye and Funtime as coming from both 21 & 22 March, which is a bit confusing.
The gig that crops up first as Suck On This! and then all the other hundreds of versions doesn't say whether it is the 21 or 22 show (unless I've missed something) and I think the assumption seems to have grown up that it's the 21 March. Suck On This! et al shares Funtime and TV Eye with the official album, but Dirt on TV Eye 1977 Live is a different version and is clearly from the other Cleveland show.
I Wanna Be Your Dog comes from a Chicago gig a week later.
Clear as mud...
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop featuring David Bowie: Funtime   Iggy Pop featuring David Bowie: Funtime Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iggy Pop featuring David Bowie: Funtime
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Gimme Danger.-
Jump to: