Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sydney set list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JTV

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Sydney set list Empty
PostSubject: Sydney set list   Sydney set list Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:42 am

" I sing one more song and then I am going to fuck a kangaroo" Iggy's famous last words to the Sydney audience.
For photos and webcast of full concert, go to www.moshcam.com.au

Setlist in Sydney

Raw Power
Gimme Danger
Burn
Gun
Funhouse/ L.a. Blues (band jams while roadies remove audience from stage)
Night Theme/ Skull Thing/ Beyond The Law
Johanna
Kill City
Search & Destroy
Cock In My Pocket
I Wanna Be Your Dog
No Fun

Encore

Penetration
I Got A Right
Pretty Face Going To Hell
Open Up And Bleed/ Ending Jam - one by one the group walks off stage, leaving the last credits to Mike Watt.

What can I say?
Another great show. The boys are still on fire.
Unbelievable what Iggy is still capable of at the age of 66. Multiple stage dives, breaking mike stands and fucking a kangaroo...... Well done Iggy.
Iggy is the prime proof that we don't need all those video screens/ flashy stage lights/ tra la la dancers on stage. Iggy and the band are the real thing!
Never thought much of Toby's drum work on Iggy's 1990s solo tours but I take that all back, he was pounding that drum.
Audience loved it. I hope Iggy enjoyed he root with the kangaroo after the show.

If the band is coming to a town near you, don't hesitate to buy a ticket.
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Sydney set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sydney set list   Sydney set list Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:14 pm

Thanks Jay,great review!
hopefully someone will capture this webcast (and the sxsw webcast too)
Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

Sydney set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sydney set list   Sydney set list Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 10:53 pm

sounds great , s+d after the kill city segment , funky ! open up is the definitive closer !
how are the new songs JTV ?

by the way , some really cool pix in that link...
Back to top Go down
JTV

Sydney set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sydney set list   Sydney set list Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 11:24 am

If you want to refill your drink or need a loo stop, the new songs are the best time to go.
Unless you thought that the Weirdness was the best Iggy album since Raw Power.
Sorry but didn't think much of the new songs.
Back to top Go down
JTV

Sydney set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sydney set list   Sydney set list Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 1:07 pm

Had another thought.............

Austin show included 9 new songs.
Then the band heads off to Australia,
No setlist available for Perth yet but the Adelaide setlist included 4 new songs, Melbourne and Byron Bay 3 and by the time they hit Sydney (last stop on this Australian tour) the new songs were reduced to 2.

Why is the band skipping the new songs so quickly? Because we don't know them yet? But how many people in the audience are familiar with the Raw Power outtakes cock in my pocket and Open Up And Bleed? And those songs are still on the set list. And if you want to call it luck (or bad luck), in Adelaide The Passenger was played as well.

I love the band and I'm not here to burn down the upcoming album but the new songs Burn and Gun (sounded more to me like My Idea Of Fun, part 2) were not the highlights. But the band needs an excuse to tour so give them credit for writing new songs. And hey, I will buy the new cd anyway, even if I only will play it once. The Australian edition of Ready To Die will include 1 bonus track! For track list, go to jbhifi.com.au and type in Ready To Die.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Sydney set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sydney set list   Sydney set list Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 3:28 pm

thanks for the review JTV!
Back to top Go down
JTV

Sydney set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sydney set list   Sydney set list Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 11:56 am

I'm 100% sure Dirty Deal was left of the encore in the Sydney show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sydney set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sydney set list   Sydney set list Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sydney set list
Page 1 of 1