Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo

Go down 
+34
Shakes
Chazz Avery
johnnybeat
request71
loranpop
cantona7
gazatthebop
coffeepotman
mark
jerrythebarman
heypeter
Hectorlovesthestooges
Luzern
kingwayne
JTV
pernil
trailerborn
Nightclubbing
woody
sizeable bulge
osterbergermeister
andrew
jpstooges
TeddyB1018
mc
adams66
homesickjameswilliamson
Donald
StoogesFan
studioguy
fabrice
blackout88
neven
mghifi
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
mghifi

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-19

Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Empty
PostSubject: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 5:44 am

I bought a weird looking Stooges bootleg lp in a store today. It turns out to be the coolest thing I have bought in quite a while. The best set of Raw Power outtakes to date. Only 2 of which have I heard before (The original mixes of Search & Destroy & Raw Power), and all in perfect sound quality. Now you can hear for the first time ever, the infamous "Ni**er Man". The album also contains working versions of Penetration & Death Trip. Some instrumental takes (I Need Somebody, Shake Appeal). Another instrumental that sounds like it eventually became Pretty Face, and a different mix of Gimmie Danger. This one is a must have. Check it out:

http://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/iguana-de-banda-etiqueta-negra-de-lugo-331848
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:01 pm

tnx,
not available it says
Back to top Go down
blackout88

blackout88

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:37 pm

Completely new outtakes and versions! And Doojiman was actually Niggerman all along? Any detail about the source or when it will be made available? This is what should have been on the Raw Power Legacy edition.
Back to top Go down
http://unwantedfriends.blogspot.com/
mghifi

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 7:28 pm

Check around elsewhere for it then. Like I said, I just happened to pick one up in a store yesterday. The back of the record says limited edition of 1000.
Back to top Go down
blackout88

blackout88

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 8:55 pm

Don't understand how this hasn't generated more of a response, there's at least a few threads on this forum regarding the Raw Power sessions and here we have never before heard versions, alternate takes and tracks and there's literally no response. Any chance of a vinyl to mp3 rip so we can hear the full tracks Sir?
Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 10:15 pm

and is this a vinyl only release ?
regards,
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 11:37 pm

From the bits I've heard from the site, this is a super interesting release. Most of it sounds new to me!

Update: Just ordered it
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
StoogesFan

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 1:32 pm

Yep - just ordered it myself. The cost of shipping is actually slightly higher than the cost of the actual item, but on this occasion it is worth it!

If this stuff is so readily available we really should wonder why it wasn't included on the Legacy edition - especially as two of the tracks on the rarities disc were accidentally duplicates of those on disc 1.  What with this stuff and the 'Raw Power Rough Mixes' from the radio broadcast surely someone (Easy Action?) could put together a great CD.
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 3:29 pm

Thanks for the tip. I ordered mine from Piccadilly Records in the UK. About 24 quid including postage.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 3:26 am

Some tracks sound similar although noticeably cleaner than previous released records like rough power etc but there is a guitar only track after penetration that sounds new, as does that mix of penetration - the 'hey's background vocals are new to me, as is death trip with what seems like a tracking vocal and doujiman with alternate vocal

checked picadilly records at your mention donald and it appears its sold out

did they rush job the deluxe raw power? how can these only have come to light now - though i bet fans who've been there from the beginning are wondering why things like asthma attack came out 30 years post - this is what i'd anticipated the deluxe raw power being; hopefully some generous soul will find a way to share it with others if this remains as rare as it seems

exciting to hear new old stooges stuff - you think they've unearthed it all and someone finds something
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:43 am

So this is a vinyl only release?
Damn. Don't have a turntable these days.
I wonder if it will get a wider release?
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:42 pm

interesting will hopefully come out on CD soon.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:43 pm

blackout88 wrote:
Don't understand how this hasn't generated more of a response, there's at least a few threads on this forum regarding the Raw Power sessions and here we have never before heard versions, alternate takes and tracks and there's literally no response. Any chance of a vinyl to mp3 rip so we can hear the full tracks Sir?
I'm sure the thread title doesn't help.
Back to top Go down
TeddyB1018

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 10:43 pm

The samples sound great. I've just ordered this but would love to see someone with expertise do a needle drop.
Back to top Go down
jpstooges

jpstooges

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 12:28 am

TeddyB1018 wrote:
The samples sound great.  I've just ordered this but would love to see someone with expertise do a needle drop.
I will do it as soon as I'll receive my copy.
jp
Back to top Go down
TeddyB1018

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 12:37 am

jpstooges wrote:
TeddyB1018 wrote:
The samples sound great.  I've just ordered this but would love to see someone with expertise do a needle drop.
jp
Brilliant!
Back to top Go down
adams66

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 12:57 am

Very good sound too - Scott especially sounds terrific.
Would be fascinating to learn where these have leaked from.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
adams66

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 12:58 am

jpstooges wrote:
TeddyB1018 wrote:
jp
That would be fantastic! Thanks so much.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
blackout88

blackout88

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 11:22 am

Thanks JP!
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 10:39 pm

adams66 wrote:
Very good sound too - Scott especially sounds terrific.
Would be fascinating to learn where these have leaked from.
Cheers,
Richard
Me too. I wonder if the 'Boca Del Ray' label provides a clue, but there's nothing about this label on the web. All I can find is a Boca Delray Drive in Florida - Iggy lives in Florida these days doesn't he?

Could they be an unreleased Bomp tape?

Wasn't Nigger Man a 1971 outtake? Whereas the rest are obviously 1972/3. Actually is there any indication from the lyrics in this track that it actually is Nigger Man?
Back to top Go down
andrew

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 12:12 am

mc wrote:
Wasn't Nigger Man a 1971 outtake? Whereas the rest are obviously 1972/3.
Some say it is originally a 1971 song, but they are supposed to have recorded it in June or July 1972 around the same time as "I Got A Right", "Sick Of You" etc.
Quote :
Actually is there any indication from the lyrics in this track that it actually is Nigger Man?
I've been wondering the same thing - I've only heard the sample so far.
If it is that song then it could have been recorded at Olympic Studios where we know the band recorded "I Got A Right" etc, and that could provide an explanation for the leak as the studio is famously supposed to have dumped a lot of tapes on the pavement. However I don't actually think this is likely because everything else indicates these tracks are from the Raw Power sessions from CBS studios later in 1972. So if it is the same song then it doesn't seem to be from the supposed recording we previously knew about.
Back to top Go down
StoogesFan

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 3:52 pm

I think what probably happened was that these tracks were unearthed during the preparation of the Raw Power Legacy Edition, but for some reason were not deemed acceptable for inclusion and somebody has held onto them until now. Or perhaps they were discovered too late for inclusion.

It seems obvious to me that all of these tracks were recorded during the CBS Raw Power sessions and are not from Olympic Studios. It is virtually certain that while in the studio the band would have run through the odd song or two not intended for the album, purely as a way of breaking the monotony. This would explain the inclusion of Ni**er Man on the tape. An example of this sort of thinking can be found on the Olympic Studios tape with the multiple versions of I Got A Right. Among those recordings (seemingly at random points) can be found versions of Louie Louie and Money.
Back to top Go down
osterbergermeister

osterbergermeister

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:54 pm

Damn! Haven't checked the forum in a while. I've had this LP almost two months and haven't even played it! Now I gotta check it out. I thought it just a bunch of the same old outtakes!
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 8:43 pm

osterbergermeister wrote:
Damn!  Haven't checked the forum in a while. I've had this LP almost two months and haven't even played it!  Now I gotta check it out.  I thought it just a bunch of the same old outtakes!
Yeah it's funny that there's no mention on the album that it's all new takes.
Back to top Go down
sizeable bulge

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 9:52 pm

Richard[/quote]
Could they be an unreleased Bomp tape?  
[/quote]
I highly doubt it. In terms of quality Stooges material, Bomp essentially shot its wad over a decade ago with the Wild Love CD. It was basically a closet cleaning of everything quality they had left of the band. Nothing has been heard of The Iguana Chronicles since then. And while Bomp did things over the years  that left you shaking your head, like the overdubbed crowd applause on California Bleeding or the claim on the Open Up And Bleed! CD that the studio material was from master tapes when it was an obvious needle drop, I think overall Bomp helped carry on the legacy of the band. I was sorry to see The Iguana Chronicles end, personally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next