Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed

Go down 
+18
Hectorlovesthestooges
homesickjameswilliamson
blackout88
boogie
james matlock
Nadja
Perdu
neven
TED
woody
Rode Hard
trailerborn
fabrice
adams66
Luzern
rokyforever
studioguy
mghifi
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 7:15 pm

Good point about Watt, woody.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 8:00 pm

I can't see Iggy being overly upset about this, he doesn't have to do anything and it will possibly expand their fan base. When they tour again it will also open up the possibility of duets with guest stars. I can only see good in this
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
james matlock

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 10:29 pm

uh oh:
UPDATE: A spokesperson for Iggy Pop released the following statement to Rolling Stone: "Iggy was never given an opportunity to participate on the album. He found out about the project in December of 2013 after it was rejected by a Chicago label."

Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 10:52 pm

Anyone who takes "spin"- who told whom what and when- at face value might be a tad naive about the office politics of the music business. If the Ig found out about it Dec. 13 and the project got going Jan. 14, perhaps the the right hand spin should be talking to the left hand spin...
Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 11:43 pm

RS is hopeless
Back to top Go down
rokyforever

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 9:59 am

Direct quote from Iggy from a new RS article

"The guys in the touring group have been phoning and emailing me and my rep before during and after the recordings, wondering how I felt about this. These guys are my friends and we've all worked together many years. I am glad someone is paying them; they are working musicians and they need to play. I want to thank all the wonderful singers on this record for covering my songs."

Just as I thought, no one is trying to piss Iggy off!  Smile
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 10:42 am

Cool. "Was never given the opportunity..." sounds so unlikely as to be unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 10:54 am

woody wrote:
Cool.  "Was never given the opportunity..." sounds so unlikely as to be unbelievable.  

Exactly Woody - that bit sounded very unlikely didn't it?

Thanks for the quote from RS, rokyforever. Iggy sounds genuinely pleased for the new project.

I still wish that he'd done just one song though...

Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 6:00 pm

It sounds like there are still 5+ songs to record so you never know. It's up to Iggy if he wants to or not
Back to top Go down
boogie

boogie

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 10:26 pm

Til now
1) Open up and bleed
2) Gimme some skin
3) Til the end of the night
4) Head on
5) Heavy liquid
6) I got a right
7) Sick of you
8 ) She creatures of the Hollywood hills

James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 262125

Any punk chick for "You dont want my name"?
Back to top Go down
blackout88

blackout88

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 11:09 am

Don't forget Wild Love's been slated for the project! Personally, I'm holding out for Fresh Rag.
Back to top Go down
http://unwantedfriends.blogspot.com/
boogie

boogie

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 5:36 pm

Yeah, Wild Love featuring Mark Lanegan! So we have a bunch of songs left: Fresh Rag, Cock In My Pocket, YDWMN, Wet My Bed, Scene Of The Crime, Born In A Trailer, Rich Bitch, Pin Point Eyes.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 10:17 pm

Very glad to hear til the end of the night and wild love getting mention; of all the post RP songs i wouldn't imagine they would get a showing

hoping for some good sounding 1971 riffs

strange choice of mark lanegan for wild love, i'll reserve judgement for its release
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 9:41 pm

Gimme Some Skin!!! James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 780554 
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 2:34 am

Yeah! ROCK ON!  James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 653826 
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 10:04 am

Was anyone else lucky enough to pick up the 7in on Record Store Day? There was only 1 copy at my local store and I got it! Need to hear more of this project asap! Head On is one of my fav Stooge songs but I'm a bit nervous about what Jello will do with it. I am a DK fan but still...
Back to top Go down
andrew

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 10:44 am

jpod wrote:
Was anyone else lucky enough to pick up the 7in on Record Store Day? There was only 1 copy at my local store and I got it!

Yes, I got one. Unfortunately my turntable broke down a few months ago, so I can't actually play it at the moment!
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 11:22 am

Oh man! Thats frustrating Andrew. I also got SRB's City Slang single on Easy Action. Fantastic song. A nice little stooge related RSD 2014 all round!!
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 11:45 am

Couldn't find one anywhere. I was wondering whether it was US only but if it got to Belfast then maybe I'll be able to pick one up somewhere...
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 12:03 pm

Ebay is always an option, if the dealers arent taking the piss by overcharging. Twats!
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 5:45 pm

I got mine, my bassplayer and myself called all the record stores in the area and were able to find seven copies, so we were both able to get one before they sold out
Back to top Go down
andrew

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 4:04 pm

I got mine from Resident in Brighton. Looks like they've still got at least one more: http://www.resident-music.com
Back to top Go down
dtklamf

dtklamf

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 6:24 pm

Just ordered one thru Discogs from Belgium for £12 including postage,well pleased(better than stupid prices on Ebay & that idiot on amazon marketplace £19.99 please!!!), now to wait for postman. , now to wait for postman.

Nigel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed   James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

James Williamson - Open Up And Bleed
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2