Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

steve mackay

Go down 
+7
Nadja
Hectorlovesthestooges
woody
neven
homesickjameswilliamson
Lucas
adams66
11 posters
AuthorMessage
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

steve mackay Empty
PostSubject: steve mackay   steve mackay Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 11:53 am

I can't verify this at the moment, but perhaps someone on here might be able to find out more, but it seems that Steve Mackay is very sick.
Over on the Steve Hoffman forum http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/finally-heard-the-stooges-fun-house-wow.75556/page-6#post-12955395
Scope-J has today posted this message:

Hey friends of Steve Mackay. Just got a call from his daughter in law on his phone! He is in the i.c.u. at seton hospital in daly city. It is not looking good so PLEASE PRAY TO ANY AND EVERY GOD FOR A MIRACLE!! If u want to go see him do it as well. I am going to go down there now. He can hear but he cant respond. Just going to tell him how loved he is. And how special he is. I know ya'll feel the same. Please send healing good energy his way! Thank u. Xo

Sounds bad, but fingers crossed that things aren't as bad as they seem, and that Steve recovers from whatever has laid him low.

Richard
Back to top Go down
Lucas

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

steve mackay Empty
PostSubject: Re: steve mackay   steve mackay Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 11:14 pm

Sad news. I hope he recovers well.

For members of Dime:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=539379
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

steve mackay Empty
PostSubject: Re: steve mackay   steve mackay Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:09 am

This is terrible, from the description it doesnt sound good, thanks for posting Richard.

Hope Steve recovers soon.

Was very lucky to meet Steve after their gigs in London in 2013, lovely man.

All the best to him.

Keep us updated if anything gets posted on that forum.

Back to top Go down
adams66

steve mackay Empty
PostSubject: Re: steve mackay   steve mackay Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:29 am

A little more news from the i94bar...
http://www.i94bar.com/news/stooges-saxman-steve-mackay-seriously-ill?fb_action_ids=10206683936631609&fb_action_types=og.likes

Complications from surgery and sepsis - sounds nasty. Hope he pulls through.

Richard
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

steve mackay Empty
PostSubject: Re: steve mackay   steve mackay Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 10:46 pm

Hope Steve will recover.
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

steve mackay Empty
PostSubject: Re: steve mackay   steve mackay Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 1:08 pm

Watt has also posted some news on his current tour diary and it doesn't sound good. Many thoughts for Steve, wishes and prayers.
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

steve mackay Empty
PostSubject: Re: steve mackay   steve mackay Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 10:00 pm

R.I.P. Steve... Sad
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

steve mackay Empty
PostSubject: Re: steve mackay   steve mackay Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 10:32 pm

very sad indeed to hear of Steve's passing. R.I.P. and thanks for all the music.
Back to top Go down
adams66

steve mackay Empty
PostSubject: Re: steve mackay   steve mackay Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 10:57 pm

Shit.
Just got home from an emotional weekend helping my Dad sort out all his sisters things after her sudden passing a couple of weeks ago, and now this.

I never met Steve, but had the great pleasure of hearing him play on a number of occasions and he was always, absolutely on fire. What a player, and everyone who knew him always spoke so highly of him. Seems like a total gent.
I'm gutted to hear that he's left us and I'm so sorry for his family and friends. The remaining Stooges better fucking hang around for a while, we don't need any more sad news like this.

Richard
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

steve mackay Empty
PostSubject: Re: steve mackay   steve mackay Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 12:48 am

Sad news.
I saw him play with the Violent Femmes in Detroit in the early 80's. When his name was announced it drew the biggest cheers of the evening.

On the upside, he made a living doing what he loved & we should all be so lucky.

RIP, Steve.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

steve mackay Empty
PostSubject: Re: steve mackay   steve mackay Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 2:06 am

Some of the most beautiful sax I ever heard. Blow! RIP Steve.
Back to top Go down
Nightclubbing

Nightclubbing

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2013-04-13

steve mackay Empty
PostSubject: Re: steve mackay   steve mackay Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 4:35 pm

Descansa en paz, Steve
Back to top Go down
aycorn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-09-07

steve mackay Empty
PostSubject: Re: steve mackay   steve mackay Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 7:16 am

I met him briefly at James Williamson's coming out gig in San Jose. He came off as very friendly and unassuming and I had the impression he was truly flattered and pleased that he had admirers out there. I was reading up today about all the other things he did (about which I knew very little). What an amazingly cool guy. I'm truly glad he was brought back into the fold for the reunion tours.
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

steve mackay Empty
PostSubject: Re: steve mackay   steve mackay Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 2:33 pm

RIP Steve. Sad

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

steve mackay Empty
PostSubject: Re: steve mackay   steve mackay Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

steve mackay
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Down on the Street.-
Jump to: