Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good Live Stooges Bootlegs?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BurningInside

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-11-08

Good Live Stooges Bootlegs? Empty
PostSubject: Good Live Stooges Bootlegs?   Good Live Stooges Bootlegs? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 2:10 am

So i already got Metallic KO and Im listening to down at Ugano's right now but my appetite still isn't satisfied. I want to hear more the crazy I don't care if it's from their original timespan, with or without james williamson as long as it's got a decent sound. Recommend me your favorite stooges live boots!!!
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Good Live Stooges Bootlegs?   Good Live Stooges Bootlegs? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 2:55 pm

Check out A Thousand Lights from easyaction.co.uk
Back to top Go down
mortytoad

mortytoad

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Good Live Stooges Bootlegs?   Good Live Stooges Bootlegs? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 12:08 am

Soldier Field, 1970. Not the best quality (at least the one I've got) , but an important document of the original band nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Good Live Stooges Bootlegs?   Good Live Stooges Bootlegs? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 12:31 am

Georgia Peaches (1973) sounds good. Although I'm not a fan of the piano sound in that Stooges era.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Good Live Stooges Bootlegs?   Good Live Stooges Bootlegs? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 2:30 pm

Live at the Whisky 16 September 1973, has the best live versions of Open Up and Bleed and She Creatures.

Some live 1971 stuff (You Want My Action box) might depend on your tolerance of buried vocals - eg. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UrVuDpf3-s & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfYmhgoMzvg

and if you haven't heard it I'd definitely recommend the 73 CBS Studio tapes.   They've a very live in the studio feel:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Live Stooges Bootlegs?   Good Live Stooges Bootlegs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Live Stooges Bootlegs?
Page 1 of 1