Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vietnam War - Stooges

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
let me in!

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2016-03-11

Vietnam War - Stooges Empty
PostSubject: Vietnam War - Stooges   Vietnam War - Stooges Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 11:23 pm

The history of the war that formed the backdrop for the Stooges entire original incarnation is now airing on PBS (North America) in a 10 part series, beginning last night. It was the war that inspired the song "Search And Destroy". The series is supposedly 10 years in the making (I'm sure it will be released on dvd/blu-ray soon if you missed the first episode). Iggy has always remarked that returning veterans of that war always loved the Stooges. Here's your chance to understand why.

If anybody knows the story of the Stooges boys evading the draft it would be interesting to hear. I think Jim Morrison pretended (or maybe not?) to be a homosexual. I'm sure Iggy's story is at least as colorful.
Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Vietnam War - Stooges   Vietnam War - Stooges Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 4:19 pm

if I'm not mistaken Iggy's account is in his book " I need more " , and yes it's about pretending to be gay and flipping out about being surrounded with all these men...
Back to top Go down
slow extinction

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2022-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Vietnam War - Stooges   Vietnam War - Stooges Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2022 12:26 am

let me in! wrote:

If anybody knows the story of the Stooges boys evading the draft it would be interesting to hear.

Wayne Kramer writes in his memoir:" Ron Asheton and Dave Alexander from the Stooges had just had their physicals. Because of their long hair and appearance, they both endured extra pressure from army personnel to conform to their orders, but both proved incapable of doing so and were eventually sent home with deferrals."

How Scott evaded the draft is a mystery. Ron got his own biography. Why shouldn't Scott?
Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Vietnam War - Stooges   Vietnam War - Stooges Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2022 1:09 am

I had to watch the Vietnam war every god damned night on the news while me and my family ate dinner. It sucked, and it had a profound effect on my outlook of "war". Nobody I knew that went and fought and came back, came back the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vietnam War - Stooges   Vietnam War - Stooges Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vietnam War - Stooges
Page 1 of 1