Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 So Quiet

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mc

avatar

Number of posts : 1785
Location : Bristol
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: So Quiet   Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:41 am

This forum has gotten so quiet - we need a new Stooges boot or video to come out or something. Someone please dig up a nice copy of the boys playing live in 1969!!!
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: So Quiet   Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:11 pm

Yeah, it's quietened down a lot recently.

I think social media is partly to blame for that though. However, with that being said, I can always use social media to attract more visitors. I was thinking of starting an instagram page for all the pics on here, but not many people seemed to keen.

Thanks for continuing to visit the forum though, MC!  Smile Much appreciated!

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://stoogesforum.forumotion.com
mc

avatar

Number of posts : 1785
Location : Bristol
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: So Quiet   Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:23 pm

Yes I know what you mean. I don't do (read that as hate) social media so this is where I come for my Stooges fix.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: So Quiet   Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:35 pm

Fair enough!

Thanks for still visiting! Smile

Do you have any suggestions about how to improve the forum?

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://stoogesforum.forumotion.com
mc

avatar

Number of posts : 1785
Location : Bristol
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: So Quiet   Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:37 pm

heavy liquid wrote:
Fair enough!

Thanks for still visiting! Smile

Do you have any suggestions about how to improve the forum?

Not really, I like it as it is. Though if you could attract more people from Facebook or Instagram that would be good. Smile
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: So Quiet   Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:31 pm

mc wrote:
heavy liquid wrote:
Fair enough!

Thanks for still visiting! Smile

Do you have any suggestions about how to improve the forum?

Not really, I like it as it is.  Though if you could attract more people from Facebook or Instagram that would be good. Smile

Fair enough!

There are over 6000 'likes' on the facebook page but I don't think many of them have actually visited this site.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://stoogesforum.forumotion.com
Rigsby



Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: So Quiet   Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:54 am

The quiet period was inevitable after a short and unlikely to be repeated burst of intense activity - a documentary plus two coffee table books in quick succession.

If Easy Action Records can put in a sensible offer for my reel-to-reel tape of the Halloween 67 gig then we might see some more activity towards the back end of next year.
Back to top Go down
mc

avatar

Number of posts : 1785
Location : Bristol
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: So Quiet   Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:59 am

Rigsby wrote:
The quiet period was inevitable after a short and unlikely to be repeated burst of intense activity - a documentary plus two coffee table books in quick succession.

If Easy Action Records can put in a sensible offer for my reel-to-reel tape of the Halloween 67 gig then we might see some more activity towards the back end of next year.

Shit no it was still quiet as hell when the doc and those books came out. Some years before that we used to have 30+ people actively posting on here on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
midnight frank

avatar

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2016-03-16

PostSubject: Re: So Quiet   Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:34 pm

Rigsby wrote:
The quiet period was inevitable after a short and unlikely to be repeated burst of intense activity - a documentary plus two coffee table books in quick succession.

If Easy Action Records can put in a sensible offer for my reel-to-reel tape of the Halloween 67 gig then we might see some more activity towards the back end of next year.

What??!?

Can you elaborate on what this is?
Back to top Go down
earthdog70

avatar

Number of posts : 34
Location : Beyond The Wildwood
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: So Quiet   Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:00 am

I'm sure it will pick up soon.
Back to top Go down
Mammoth

avatar

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-10-28

PostSubject: Re: So Quiet   Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:56 pm

Hi, new arrival here. Found out about this forum recently while trying to figure out tabs for the best of the bootleg stuff.

heavy liquid wrote:
Yeah, it's quietened down a lot recently.

I think social media is partly to blame for that though. However, with that being said, I can always use social media to attract more visitors. I was thinking of starting an instagram page for all the pics on here, but not many people seemed to keen.

Thanks for continuing to visit the forum though, MC!  Smile Much appreciated!

Being one of those confounded social media folk myself, I think that's a pretty smart approach.
Instagram would be a pretty good choice to start with too, you could get some old Stooges photos up
or snippets of some harder-to-find or rare material, something like that. I definitely think it could get more
people interested in the band, make it harder to overlook them.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: So Quiet   Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:52 pm

Mammoth wrote:
Hi, new arrival here. Found out about this forum recently while trying to figure out tabs for the best of the bootleg stuff.

heavy liquid wrote:
Yeah, it's quietened down a lot recently.

I think social media is partly to blame for that though. However, with that being said, I can always use social media to attract more visitors. I was thinking of starting an instagram page for all the pics on here, but not many people seemed to keen.

Thanks for continuing to visit the forum though, MC!  Smile Much appreciated!

Being one of those confounded social media folk myself, I think that's a pretty smart approach.
Instagram would be a pretty good choice to start with too, you could get some old Stooges photos up
or snippets of some harder-to-find or rare material, something like that. I definitely think it could get more
people interested in the band, make it harder to overlook them.

Thanks for the response Mammoth. Do you have instagram? Just curious to see how many people would follow the page. Smile

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://stoogesforum.forumotion.com
Pop Stüge

avatar

Number of posts : 196
Age : 59
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: So Quiet   Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:54 pm

*blows into microphone* Is this thing on?
Back to top Go down
Lucas



Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: So Quiet   Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:34 pm

We're listening!
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: So Quiet   Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:57 pm

I'm thinking of making the whole forum read only. It would be a shame to delete the forum and all the info here. No (Don't worry, I won't!)

It's so quiet now, there isn't much reason to leave the forum open to discussion. Neutral

I haven't made a final decision yet though. scratch

Will let you know...

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://stoogesforum.forumotion.com
Cosmicloner

avatar

Number of posts : 59
Age : 51
Location : Oberhausen / Germany
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: So Quiet   Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:54 pm

@ Heavy Liquid: I'm glad that you won't delete the whole forum.  Very Happy It would definitely be a shame, because here's soooooo much info about The Stooges and Iggy Pop, that you don't find somewhere else. And a lot of love and passion for the band, too. Even though I'm a Stooges-Fan since the late 1980s, I still find some new stuff here. And I really like to read what others think about new releases (books, records etc.), regarding The Stooges.

Maybe the forum is so quiet now, because everything has been said. For example, I think you can't discuss the albums over a period of ten years. At a certain point, opinions keep on repeating themselves. Maybe some people are more active at Facebook, but I for example, don't use Facebook, because I think it sucks.

I really hope you leave the forum open.

By the way, thanks a lot for this great forum! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosmiclava.com
soldier



Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: So Quiet   Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:41 am

Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: So Quiet   Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:32 pm

Cosmicloner wrote:
@ Heavy Liquid: I'm glad that you won't delete the whole forum.  Very Happy It would definitely be a shame, because here's soooooo much info about The Stooges and Iggy Pop, that you don't find somewhere else. And a lot of love and passion for the band, too. Even though I'm a Stooges-Fan since the late 1980s, I still find some new stuff here. And I really like to read what others think about new releases (books, records etc.), regarding The Stooges.

Maybe the forum is so quiet now, because everything has been said. For example, I think you can't discuss the albums over a period of ten years. At a certain point, opinions keep on repeating themselves. Maybe some people are more active at Facebook, but I for example, don't use Facebook, because I think it sucks.

I really hope you leave the forum open.

By the way, thanks a lot for this great forum! cheers

Thanks for the support Cosmicloner!

I must admit, even I've found the answers to my Stooges questions on this forum if I google it!

I don't think the forum is quiet because everything has been said. There is still lots of stuff to talk about in regards to Iggy's solo career. Besides, I still think there is a lot to talk about in regards to the Stooges! New people will always have new opinions, thoughts and ideas on the same topic. I think its just gone quiet due to social media.

Smile

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://stoogesforum.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: So Quiet   

Back to top Go down
 
So Quiet
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: