Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Unrecorded LP "Here's Iggy"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fall1979NATour

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2018-03-10

Unrecorded LP "Here's Iggy" Empty
PostSubject: Unrecorded LP "Here's Iggy"   Unrecorded LP "Here's Iggy" Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 11:12 pm

There used to be a music industry publication called Cash Box. You can find the full text of the 20 December 1980 issue online easily enough. It reports: Iggy Pop's next album will be called "Here's Iggy".

We all know the songs from this LP constituted the bulk of his Winter/Spring 1980 tours. When compared to some of the dreck he has pushed out in the decades since, I think these songs would be a real addition to his catalog, don't you? "Joe & Billy" vs. "Squarehead"

"Winter Of My Discontent" vs. "Fire Girl" You be the judge...

Does anyone know what happened to this project? Obviously the tracks must have been worked on thoroughly to be played in such a polished form live. I seem to remember a quote by Mr. Pop: " I am in no rush to record "Here's Iggy".

I've been digging around, that is all I can find or remember. Help appreciated. Fall1979...
Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Unrecorded LP "Here's Iggy"   Unrecorded LP "Here's Iggy" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2018 2:25 am

I think the album eventually became Party. This was a really rocky time for Iggy with a lot of weird shit going on (Tommy Boyce producing etc.). I still think Party has some solid tunes and if you were lucky enough to see Iggy in 1988 you will know that Squarehead is a great song and ruled live!
Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Unrecorded LP "Here's Iggy"   Unrecorded LP "Here's Iggy" Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 3:57 pm

I knew I had heard Iggy actually say the title "Here's Iggy". At the 1980 Santa Cruz CA show, Iggy introduces Rock and Roll Party as being off his new album called Here's Iggy. Pleasure was also played that night (2/11/80). Just 2 months later when I saw Iggy in Atlanta GA there was no sign of these songs in the set list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unrecorded LP "Here's Iggy"   Unrecorded LP "Here's Iggy" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unrecorded LP "Here's Iggy"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Iggy Pop solo forum :: Iggy Pop music discussion-
Jump to: