Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges and Iggy quotes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Stooges and Iggy quotes Empty
PostSubject: Stooges and Iggy quotes   Stooges and Iggy quotes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 6:46 pm

Really fun, crazy quotes! Found in stuff I read about the Stooges.
Worth to dig up some in this post.

Weasel interviews Iggy Pop
WHFS, Bethesda, MD, USA, December, 1980:

W:"Did you want to be a teen idol?"
I:"No, no I didn't want to be any of those things! I just thought, well gosh, they want me to meet this nice lady who going to help my career, can I play some more music? You know it's hard to get gigs, and you've got to feed your bands, 'cos bands are like pirates, they're like the lowest form of life, the rock bands, these people are just dirt, you know. In fact I'd like to say a big hello to my band, you know. My band is dirt, the band I've got now --these guys are foul, I'm telling you, Jeezus Christ! What an insult, sorry..."

Last edited by ZinZin on Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges and Iggy quotes   Stooges and Iggy quotes Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 5:24 pm

My favorite Iggy quote is in "I Need More." He said the White Panthers wanted him to join up with them but he wasn't political at all. All Iggy wanted to do was "eat their sandwiches and fuck their girlfriends." Love dat.

This thread has great potential. Could be better than SHOW YOUR IGGY STUFF.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stooges and Iggy quotes   Stooges and Iggy quotes Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 7:19 pm

Haha yeah that one is superfunny!

I did'nt read 'I need more' yet, because i can't get one here.
Can you immagine how frustrating that is..now i'm waiting for a send one from the USA. can't hardly wait!

Hej ..there must be more quotes out there???Wink
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges and Iggy quotes   Stooges and Iggy quotes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 6:56 pm

Here's a bunch of quotes from Iggy that are listed on a famous quotes website:

Look, you're here to see me, and I can't go on until my dealer is here, and he's waiting to be paid, so give me some money so I can fix up, and then you'll get your show.

I like music that's more offensive. I like it to sound like nails on a blackboard, get me wild.

I can't do it all myself. I'm not that kind of artist, I'm the kind of artist who works off other people best. It was like playing with Tinker toys or dominoes, trying to get all the pieces to fit like a jigsaw puzzle so I'd have a whole portrait but it would still have many facets.

Well, I've never had any sort of macho revulsion of fags, but Bowie and I - never, never, never, never.

Bowie's a real man, and I'm a real woman - just like Catherine Deneuve.

I mean, the embarrassment quotient has been going down for a long time, and the fond amusement has been rising.

I'm really not good with the pickups. I'm a klutz and don't have a line of gab. I'm only good if they know who I am.

I have a hot memory, but I know I've forgotten many things, too, just squashed things in favor of survival.

I never believed that U2 wanted to save the whales. I don't believe that The Beastie Boys are ready to lay it down for Tibet.

She looked at me penetratingly. So I suppose you can figure out what happened next.

Nobody understands me, I'm really sensitive.

Well, I don't use the toilet much to pee in. I almost always pee in the yard or the garden, because I like to pee on my estate.

You say I look goofy? OK, great. You say it's comedy? Great. Whatever anyone thought, I didn't care. Could be goony, could be sexy, could be stupid, could be cool. I didn't know, but as long as it was something, you know?

If I don't terrorize, I'm not Pop.

Well, the stuff that has become more commercial doesn't have any edge.

I stare at myself in the mirror and I think, 'Wow, I'm really great-looking.'... I think I'm the greatest, anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stooges and Iggy quotes   Stooges and Iggy quotes Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 11:26 pm

July 5th, 1969 in Pottawattamie Beach:

And as the Stooges finish their opening number, the brilliantly lame brained "1969", Iggy Stooge looks blankly at the Saugatuck festival audience and announces: "I'd like to dedicate the set today to Brian Jones, the dead Stone. Oh well, being dead's better than playing here."

in: Open up and Bleed by Paul Trynka
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stooges and Iggy quotes   Stooges and Iggy quotes Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:29 pm

"Really good music isn't just to be heard, you know?
It's almost like a hallucination" Iggy Pop
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges and Iggy quotes   Stooges and Iggy quotes Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:45 pm

"Nihilism is best done by professionals"

Iggy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges and Iggy quotes   Stooges and Iggy quotes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges and Iggy quotes
Page 1 of 1