Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Easy Action Releases

Go down 
+6
StoogesFan
fabrice
elvis plebsley
jpstooges
andrew
Cato
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Cato

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-06-05

New Easy Action Releases Empty
PostSubject: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:04 pm

andrew and Gummo2020 like this post

Back to top Go down
andrew

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 3:04 pm

Have they been listed there long?

The 16th September 1973 show that's on the vinyl has been released several times before, of course, although it looks like this one probably isn't sourced just by copying a previously release of it. I think the tape I have of the show has between song chatter that's cut out of the CD release (or at least the one I have - the 1988 CD on Revenge) so maybe that's on this one too, if they've gone back to a tape source.

The CD boxed set looks great! Surely it hasn't been release though (yet)? I haven't seen any reference to it anywhere else, and I want one! I hope it's a forthcoming release. Disc 3 and 4 have a fair bit of unreleased stuff from the Whisky on there, and it'd be great to get some live stuff I haven't previously heard, hopefully compiled with some care and attention to detail too.

theclarkness likes this post

Back to top Go down
Cato

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 3:22 pm

andrew wrote:

The 16th September 1973 show that's on the vinyl has been released several times before, of course, although it looks like this one probably isn't sourced just by copying a previously release of it. I think the tape I have of the show has between song chatter that's cut out of the CD release (or at least the one I have - the 1988 CD on Revenge) so maybe that's on this one too, if they've gone back to a tape source.

The CD boxed set looks great! Surely it hasn't been release though (yet)? I haven't seen any reference to it anywhere else, and I want one! I hope it's a forthcoming release. Disc 3 and 4 have a fair bit of unreleased stuff from the Whisky on there, and it'd be great to get some live stuff I haven't previously heard, hopefully compiled with some care and attention to detail too.

The stooges box theatre of cruelty has been put back to the new year

andrew and Gummo2020 like this post

Back to top Go down
jpstooges

jpstooges

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 5:12 pm

The "Live At The Whisky A Go Go" RSD 2xLP was a major disappointment, IMHO. It's from a different and much better source than the previous CD/LP, but some heavy processing has been done, and it sounds exactly like a very low bit rate mp3.  Not that bad when the band is playing, but between tracks you can hear a constant weird "swirly and metallicy" noise that is really annoying. My .02$.

andrew likes this post

Back to top Go down
elvis plebsley

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-03-09

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2022 5:01 pm

Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2022 1:06 pm

thanx for the head's up.
looking forward to knowing the content of the Fire of Life release at EasyAction's convinience !

elvis plebsley likes this post

Back to top Go down
StoogesFan

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2022 3:02 am

This one is also on the way:

http://easyaction.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=807

Probably nothing new, but worth buying.
Back to top Go down
Gummo2020

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2021-12-17

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2022 6:15 pm

Back to top Go down
theclarkness

theclarkness

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2022 10:31 am

Hi Cato, the Stooges box, isnt ready as yet Ive done the outer box booklet cover prepped the pics for print just some text to add and its ready, Im hoping to do the playing faces on the CD as a colour as opposed to silver I did this for a Marc Bolan 60s CD and it looked the biz

As for the Fire of Life BLOODY HELL its the Stooges in your living room only heard a handful of tracks but WOW the bands on fire (no pun intended) fab full colour pics in the LP printed inners and the CD set
Hope you like the package when it arrives Test pressings approved

Gummo2020 likes this post

Back to top Go down
theclarkness

theclarkness

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2022 10:32 am

Cruelty set one of the discs was the RSD silver double LP all the photos are from 2 nights at the whiskey

Gummo2020 likes this post

Back to top Go down
dtklamf

dtklamf

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2022 2:43 pm

Double 7 inch single is up for pre sale. Only 720 available. Be quick.
Back to top Go down
andrew

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2022 3:13 pm

dtklamf wrote:
Double 7 inch single is up for pre sale. Only 720 available.  Be quick.

Trying to work out whether anything on this is actually new? I assume the "I Got A Right Take" is previously released? It looks like the rest of the tracks may be the same as tracks on the "Etiqueta Negra De Lugo" boot LP? I'm very much looking forward to the other Stooges releases from Easy Action this year, and it'd also be great if they could release the whole of the aforesaid boot on CD at some point, but I'm not sure whether I need this one if I already have the boot?
Back to top Go down
slow extinction

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2022-07-07

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 11:48 pm

andrew wrote:

I know on the Revenge box set Night Of Destruction there is Iggy stage banter (about 25 secs) introducing "She Creatures Of The Hollywood Hills" from September 1973 that isn't on their stand alone "Live At The Whisky 1973" CD. Whether there is any more from this show I don't know, but you might.
Back to top Go down
slow extinction

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 12:18 am

andrew wrote:

The CD boxed set looks great! Disc 3 and 4 have a fair bit of unreleased stuff from the Whisky on there, and it'd be great to get some live stuff I haven't previously heard, hopefully compiled with some care and attention to detail too.

It appears there are reasons for both optimism and pessimism regarding the upcoming Theatre Of Cruelty box set. I'll get to both. I guess the main reason for pessimism is that if history is any indication Easy Action likes to front load their Stooges box sets with the best quality stuff at the beginning. So while the September and October Whisky shows are decent...  less than that? I don't know. Why else would they be putting the shows out of chronological order? Plus all previous releases have "She Creatures Of The Hollywood Hills" dating from September 1973, including Per Nilsens recent book, while the box set doesn't so EA's information is questionable.
Back to top Go down
slow extinction

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 12:39 am

The main reason for optimism is that some of the stuff on disc 3 and 4 were previously released by Bomp on the California Bleeding CD in very good quality. On the Heavy Liquid box set EA claimed the October Whisky show was completely unreleased. But this wasn't entirely true. "Heavy Liquid" was previously released on the Bomp CD Open Up And Bleed. In the exact same sound quality. So did EA obtain the tape from Bomp? This is relevant obviously because if any unreleased Whisky tapes Bomp possessed were any good why did they fill out the California Bleeding CD with a poor quality tape from Bimbos San Fransisco '74?  I don't know. All I know is that I want this. Plus I think 1000 copies is too few. Thank you.

Last edited by slow extinction on Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
andrew

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 2:32 am

slow extinction wrote:
Plus all previous releases have "She Creatures Of The Hollywood Hills" dating from September 1973, including Per Nilsens recent book, while the box set doesn't so EA's information is questionable.

I think in this case it may be Per Nilsen's book that is wrong when it says the band introduced She Creatures during the September Whisky engagement. The She Creatures recording on Bomp's Live At the Whisky CD isn't from the 16th September gig that the rest of the CD is from. I'll have to get back to you about the extra 25 seconds of banter you mention when I've had a chance to check it.

There's a thread on this forum from 2008, started by Per which discusses the live tapes:
https://stoogesforum.forumotion.com/t927-stooges-live-on-audio-tape-1973-74

The June '73 Whisky gigs on that thread match the listings for the EA box 20th June shows with Bob Sheff, so I think this is where She Creatures is from. (There's also an early version of She Creatures on the rehearsal tapes with Bob Sheff, so we know the song existed in some form by then.) If so, then maybe the rest of the 20th June material will be of similar quality. However I think the first track (Raw Power) on this youtube video may be from the first 20th June date, so that may also give an idea of the quality:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN6EXb-Vv4Q
(The youtube video isn't Ohio 19/1/74 as it claims to be. It's a fake, consisting of tracks from various live sources.)
Back to top Go down
fabrice

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2022 4:59 pm

NOT RELEVANT * MY CD PLAYER IS MESSED UP

Last edited by fabrice on Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
andrew

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2022 6:11 pm

fabrice wrote:
Hi all,
I thought I let you know that I just received and played the new Stooges*Fire of Life 2CD title
......and it's faulty !!!

there's a silent gap between each track.  Crying or Very sad
I just sent an email to EASY ACTION to let them know and ask for replacement copies.

There isn't a silent gap between each track on my copy.

It isn't all recordings from one gig though, so for example track 4 on disc 1 is from a different gig to track 3, as indicated on the sleeve. Is that what you mean?

fabrice likes this post

Back to top Go down
fabrice

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2022 3:08 pm

andrew wrote:
fabrice wrote:
Hi all,
I thought I let you know that I just received and played the new Stooges*Fire of Life 2CD title
......and it's faulty !!!

there's a silent gap between each track.  Crying or Very sad
I just sent an email to EASY ACTION to let them know and ask for replacement copies.

There isn't a silent gap between each track on my copy.

It isn't all recordings from one gig though, so for example track 4 on disc 1 is from a different gig to track 3, as indicated on the sleeve. Is that what you mean?

Thanx for your feedback Andrew, it made me wonder and look into this from all possible angles...

I have a very satisfactory system to play my music (Marantz amp, Yamaha CD/DVD player, Triangle speakers) but it's all boxed up right now (I'm moving)

anyway I play my CDs on some old CD boombox which just collapsed and "generates" a blank before each track of each cd I play....crazy....
so the CDs should be just fine !

I hope I didn't generate too much trouble (edited my earlier post) and apologize in case I did

regards to all,
fabrice

andrew likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action Releases   New Easy Action Releases Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Easy Action Releases
Page 1 of 1