Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fire of Life

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
elvis plebsley

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Fire of Life Empty
PostSubject: Fire of Life   Fire of Life Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2022 2:01 pm

Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-14

Fire of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire of Life   Fire of Life Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2022 4:32 pm

"Coming this summer ... release date June 2023 Pre sales will start in May" I could have sworn this year was 2022. Anyway, I am not sure about the 2006 Sydney show, but that New Orleans 2003 is an absolute KILLER! Disc 2 sounds very interesting btw.
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Fire of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire of Life   Fire of Life Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2022 12:08 pm

Cool. A friend of mine went to the Newbury Comics gig and managed to get Skull Ring signed by them for me. Iggy's thumbprint in silver is also on the cover. I'll have to dig it up and post it somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

Fire of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire of Life   Fire of Life Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2022 2:26 pm

I found the Sydney 2006 show and man it rips too. Ron played his ass off and was apparently sick as a dog! Great sounding FM broadcast.
Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

Fire of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire of Life   Fire of Life Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2022 12:41 pm

I think I heard those 2 shows online, at least one, and yes they sounded like fire !

great news....finally ! and a fitting tribute to the Asheton bros.

the studio section sounds like tour rehearsals to me and will be also welcome. (sound clip on EA site)

as far as the store gig , what was it ? I guess there was more than one but there's footage somewhere of Scott banging on cardboard , that wouldn't make a good cd , lol.
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Fire of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire of Life   Fire of Life Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 4:53 pm

fabrice wrote:
I think I heard those 2 shows online, at least one, and yes they sounded like fire !

great news....finally ! and a fitting tribute to the Asheton bros.

the studio section sounds like tour rehearsals to me and will be also welcome. (sound clip on EA site)

as far as the store gig , what was it ? I guess there was more than one but there's footage somewhere of Scott banging on cardboard , that wouldn't make a good cd , lol.

From the Basement is most likely the source of the first seven songs of disc two. Performance of "Little Doll".

The in-store gig was around the time of the promotion for Skull Ring. If I remember right they only did two in-store performances. It would be the performance first followed by the signing.

The first one took place at Tower Records in New York at 692 Broadway on November 3, 2003. You can see video footage of it on the 2004 MVD release of Iggy & the Stooges - Live in Detroit DVD.

The second one took place on the 4th at Newbury Comics in Cambridge, Massachusetts at 211 Alewife Brook Parkway. I may still have a newspaper clipping from one of the Boston newspapers (Boston Globe?) around that time after the performance. Both nights had the same kind of instruments used.

I wouldn't be surprised if the source of the Newbury Comics recording is a cleaned up version of the same bootleg that has been circulating for a very long time.

The Skull Ring era was a fun time for me because the Stooges were finally back. It took me until the 2007 U.S. tour to finally see them. It was worth the wait. I remember not living too far from Churchill's in Miami when Iggy did the music video for "Little Know It All". Unfortunately at that time I was only 16, and if I remember right you had to be 21+ to attend.

Good memories.
Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

Fire of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire of Life   Fire of Life Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2022 2:41 pm

thanx Shakes for the feedback, much appreciated.
didn't know about the From the Basement show.

Shakes likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

Fire of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire of Life   Fire of Life Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2022 2:01 pm

In July, the new streaming channel The Coda Collection shared their newest installment of From The Basement. A mix between intimate live performances and behind the scenes footage. The series is produced by Radiohead producer and studio guru Nigel Godrich and releases new episodes weekly. The newest episode features punk legends Iggy Pop & The Stooges from 2008. The intimate performance was filmed in a studio with no audience, and as Godrich recalls, Iggy Pop first seemed “a little weirded out” by not having a live audience to perform for.
Back to top Go down
MARC83

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-04-06

Fire of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire of Life   Fire of Life Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2022 12:33 am

What about CD box Theater of cruelty?
Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

Fire of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire of Life   Fire of Life Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2022 3:25 pm

Not even available for pre-order yet according to Easy Action.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fire of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire of Life   Fire of Life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fire of Life
Page 1 of 1