Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!

Go down 
+2
wailingsoul
Gummo2020
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gummo2020

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2021-12-17

New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Empty
PostSubject: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2022 6:16 pm

Just got the Theatre of Cruelty box in! Ill post some more pictures but as far as presentation goes I’m very happy! (Iggy the cat doesnt seem to happy i got more low fidelity stuff to blast on my stereos :p)New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! 388b5810
New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Ece61b10

fabrice and Normnoia like this post

Back to top Go down
Gummo2020

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2022 6:20 pm

New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! 6e51d910
New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! 9d5dae10
New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! 919a5610
Back to top Go down
Gummo2020

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2022 6:22 pm

New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! 96d46f10
New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! 51f11910
New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! 38644e10
Back to top Go down
Gummo2020

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2022 6:25 pm

New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! 2ccbd610
New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! 23c18d10
Back to top Go down
wailingsoul

wailingsoul

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2018-06-16

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2022 11:49 am

Nice scans, thanx for sharing!

Gummo2020 likes this post

Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2022 11:59 am

Any upgrades in sound?

Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2022 1:47 pm

Back to top Go down
theclarkness

theclarkness

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2022 2:39 pm

He'll soon waken up

Back to top Go down
slow extinction

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2022-07-07

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2022 12:05 am

neven wrote:
Any upgrades in sound?

I'm a long time Stooges fan. For what it's worth I'll give you my take.

Disc One - Oct./73 same as Heavy Liquid box set.

Disc Two - Sept. 16/73 . A definite upgrade over the Revenge Records CD Live At The Whisky A Go Go and its descendants. This recording is at least one tape generation earlier, plus songs are in the correct running order with additional stage banter.

Disc Three- Sept.17/73  Basically Bomp's California Bleeding CD + stuff Bomp left in the can - the overdubbed applause. Which is .. good... since the Bomp CD had very good sound quality. But you quickly understand why Bomp passed over a lot of this stuff. A lot of the songs are incomplete. But it does have a complete unreleased version of " Open Up And Bleed " which is great.

Disc Four - June/73 Supposedly with Bob Sheff on keyboards. The two versions of 'She Creatures Of The Hollywood Hills" were previously released on Bomp and Revenge CDs in the same good quality. The rest of the recording is pretty poor quality with the exception of "I Need Somebody" which is previously unreleased and which the band impressively trash rocks their way through.

neven, fabrice and Gummo2020 like this post

Back to top Go down
neven

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2022 11:45 pm

slow extinction wrote:
neven wrote:
Any upgrades in sound?

I'm a long time Stooges fan. For what it's worth I'll give you my take.

Disc One - Oct./73 same as Heavy Liquid box set.

Disc Two - Sept. 16/73 . A definite upgrade over the Revenge Records CD Live At The Whisky A Go Go and its descendants. This recording is at least one tape generation earlier, plus songs are in the correct running order with additional stage banter.

Disc Three- Sept.17/73  Basically Bomp's California Bleeding CD + stuff Bomp left in the can - the overdubbed applause. Which is .. good... since the Bomp CD had very good sound quality. But you quickly understand why Bomp passed over a lot of this stuff. A lot of the songs are incomplete. But it does have a complete unreleased version of " Open Up And Bleed " which is great.

Disc Four - June/73 Supposedly with Bob Sheff on keyboards. The two versions of 'She Creatures Of The Hollywood Hills" were previously released on Bomp and Revenge CDs in the same good quality. The rest of the recording is pretty poor quality with the exception of "I Need Somebody" which is previously unreleased and which the band impressively trash rocks their way through.

Many thanks for your review!

Back to top Go down
wailingsoul

wailingsoul

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2024 12:56 pm

Hey ho! Finaly, I'm get the new copy, and it's hard work to buy it! No have chance to buy it in my country from UK or EU or USA. My friend especialy buy this box from French Discogs shop, when he being at Riga city (Latvia). Postman delivery the mail-box in last moment, when my friend packing the bag before he start to go to my city! Now i'm scan all stuff & listen all cds! Must have for any archivist!

https://yourimageshare.com/ib/HMJ0pAEsBS

Last edited by wailingsoul on Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:58 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Link added)

theclarkness likes this post

Back to top Go down
theclarkness

theclarkness

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2024 8:14 pm

hope you like the artwork
Back to top Go down
wailingsoul

wailingsoul

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2024 11:01 pm

theclarkness wrote:
hope you like the artwork

Artwork are awesome! Very nice photos and description, I'll done a full scans in 600 DPI of all pages / box / individual pockets & cds!
Back to top Go down
wailingsoul

wailingsoul

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2024 4:15 pm

Hi again dear users! I know about trouble in third cd (none 05 track 0:40 Chat and 11 track 0:49 Chat). Do all have this pressing problem? Before i got my copy and rip them - i have lossy version about year or some about... And on lossy version rip i haved 10 tracked cd3, with track 05 but still without track 11. Any chance to obtain this tracks in lossless?

And what do you all think about upcoming Stooges live releases? I have about three stooges shows from 1973 in good quality and still unreleased - Max's Late Show, St. Louis Early & Late, all complete. As info says its three cassettes from guy, who trade it from Ann from Penny Lane Records.
Back to top Go down
neven

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2024 4:18 pm

Don't know but hopefully easy action can seend good ones or downloads?
Back to top Go down
wailingsoul

wailingsoul

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2024 4:23 pm

Only as MP3 320 (Track 05 only), but however, it can be found as part of track on "California Bleeding" CD from BOMP!

Track 11 "Chat" cant be found in any form and it's sad...
Back to top Go down
slow extinction

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2024 1:44 am

wailingsoul wrote:

And what do you all think about upcoming Stooges live releases? I have about three stooges shows from 1973 in good quality and still unreleased - Max's Late Show, St. Louis Early & Late, all complete. As info says its three cassettes from guy, who trade it from Ann from Penny Lane Records.

If you have St.Louis 1973 in good quality it would certainly be a revelation. Or maybe you are being too kind to it. Of the version that circulates the kindest words I could give it are wretched, horrid and awful. It is really the only vintage Stooges live recording that no
label will put out. Listen to the version on youtube and give us your take if you think your version is better. As to the Max's show there are several tracks that are good quality - "I Need Somebody", "Gimme Danger", "Cock In My Pocket" and one other I can't remember that have never been officially released. "Gimme Danger" and "I Need Somebody" were released as bonus tracks on the Rubber Legs CD. At the correct speed while the version that circulates runs a bit too fast. But if your St.Louis show is no better than the present offering than no big deal. After the Theatre Of Cruelty release I think we are at the saturation point where no further Raw Power era live recordings will add anything to our understanding or appreciation of The Stooges, barring a soundboard recording. Of course I am only speaking for myself.

neven and wailingsoul like this post

Back to top Go down
wailingsoul

wailingsoul

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2024 12:22 pm

Thanx, interesting thoughts! Quality of Max's and St. Louis are badder than Cruelty box, but better than many of circulated. I'm try to send archive to you with that recordings in few days for checking!

I'm not a die-hard taper/trader, i think many users have my versions, but in my apinion - it's best versions circulated nowdays.

Last edited by wailingsoul on Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add some info)

neven likes this post

Back to top Go down
wailingsoul

wailingsoul

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2024 4:35 pm

Check PM please!
Back to top Go down
wailingsoul

wailingsoul

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2024 4:06 pm

slow extinction wrote:
wailingsoul wrote:

If you have St.Louis 1973 in good quality it would certainly be a revelation. Or maybe you are being too kind to it. Of the version that circulates the kindest words I could give it are wretched, horrid and awful. It is really the only vintage Stooges live recording that no
label will put out. Listen to the version on youtube and give us your take if you think your version is better. As to the Max's show there are several tracks that are good quality - "I Need Somebody", "Gimme Danger", "Cock In My Pocket" and one other I can't remember that have never been officially released. "Gimme Danger" and "I Need Somebody" were released as bonus tracks on the Rubber Legs CD. At the correct speed while the version that circulates runs a bit too fast. But if your St.Louis show is no better than the present offering than no big deal. After the Theatre Of Cruelty release I think we are at the saturation point where no further Raw Power era live recordings will add anything to our understanding or appreciation of The Stooges, barring a soundboard recording. Of course I am only speaking for myself.

Im check two bonus tracks from Rubber Legs CD, quality of "I Need Somebody", "Gimme Danger" are better than my cassette rip, where i can find "Cock In My Pocket" and one more another song from this show?
Back to top Go down
theclarkness

theclarkness

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2024 4:50 pm

i dunno sorry
Back to top Go down
wailingsoul

wailingsoul

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2024 4:58 pm

And, one more thing, i MSG easyaction.co.uk about third CD of Cruelty box, me asked for two lost chats in lossless, but still no answear...
Back to top Go down
slow extinction

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2024 1:24 am

wailingsoul wrote:

Im check two bonus tracks from Rubber Legs CD, quality of "I Need Somebody", "Gimme Danger" are better than my cassette rip, where i can find "Cock In My Pocket" and one more another song from this show?

I got mine here: www.rockinconcerts.com/the-stooges-cd-1973-08-06-new-york-city-audience.html

Note that the song for preview "Search And Destroy" was NOT one of the songs I noted for good sound quality (I believe the other good quality song  that I couldn't remember was 'Heavy Liquid" but don't hold me to that). The other songs I didn't mention suffer from tape damage or tape dropouts. I also think the music runs a little too fast but that is a very fixable problem. I can vouch for this company as I've been ordering from them for over 5 years and have spent at least five thousand U.S. dollars there. They are based in Montreal and cater to those like me who need the physical product in the form of cd-r (though they also offer the download option). They accept payment in the form of paypal, credit card and a few other options that I can't remember since I always pay by paypal. On the rare occasions you get a defective cd-r they will send replacements at no cost.

Another notable release they have from the vintage era is : www.rockinconcerts.com/the-stooges-compilation-cd-unknown-studio-1973-soundboard-96929303.html . It shows the band hard at work in a way that I've never seen before - all business, no joking around. Iggy remarked at the Michigan Palace shows that they were the hardest working band in the business and you can see it here. Sound quality is a bit muffled, not as good as on the Revenge Records releases but better than I expected. A lot of it is unofficially released.

They also have a vast library of Stooges reunion era shows, a lot of which are great quality. They usually have a sale every 3 - 4 months. I think the last one was in November.
Back to top Go down
wailingsoul

wailingsoul

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2024 11:49 am

Yes! This one www.rockinconcerts.com/the-stooges-compilation-cd-unknown-studio-1973-soundboard-96929303.html - is material from "Shakes" archives, i have 2 cd and 3 cd rehearsals set. Good sound quality!

neven likes this post

Back to top Go down
slow extinction

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2024 1:40 am

So when I got the Theatre Of Cruelty box set and listened to disc 4 I always felt uneasy for some reason  but I couldn't figure out why. So I dug out the California Bleeding CD from Bomp and sure enough the first version of She Creatures is in superior quality on California Bleeding. Much more crisp. After Iggy sings "dirty she creatures of hollywood" there is an edit on both versions but the quality is unmistakable. Still I am quite happy with the box set from EA. Disc 2 is an improvement on the Revenge CD and disc 3 offers some good quality unreleased material. I haven't checked the second version of "She Creatures " but I am pretty sure that it is a direct copy from the from Night Of Destruction box set from Revenge.

wailingsoul likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!   New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Easy Action ‘Theatre of Cruelty’ CD box!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next