Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges on I'm Not There soundtrack... or not

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
modernlover

modernlover

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-11-01

Stooges on I'm Not There soundtrack... or not Empty
PostSubject: Stooges on I'm Not There soundtrack... or not   Stooges on I'm Not There soundtrack... or not Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 1:09 am

Just seen I'm Not There, the Todd Haynes/Dylan flick, and saw Iggy and the Stooges The Ballad Of Hollis Brown listed in the credits.

I hadn't spotted it, though there was one track with a drum machine that bought Suicide to mind - was that it? I think it's from a Iggy/Williamson jam that produced a load of covers - I've never bothered with them, but should I? What should I buy?

Unfortunately, it didn't make it onto the soundtrack CD...

I was mightily impressed and bored and annoyed by the film, but overall mightily impressed. I recommend it if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges on I'm Not There soundtrack... or not   Stooges on I'm Not There soundtrack... or not Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 2:36 am

Thats it, its a great take, and good to see the name suicide up there, i love them, they probly couldnt put it on the soundtrack its only a cuple mins long, and the vocals break down after like a minute and it was only iggy reciting the first couple lyrics anyway, but williamson has space to show us how good he is, its a beautiful instrumental

on a side note, the soundtrack is pretty damn good, i love todd haynes work, but they finally released the song Im Not There by bob, written in 1956 ive seen in places, and its phenomenal

''And im also hesitating by temptation lest it runs
But it dont follow me
im not there, im gone''

mans a genius, cant touch iggy in my eyes, but a damn fine lyricist, probably the best in places, anyway, yeh get into stooges, no one can ever just by the official albums or theyre not a stooge fan, and you havent discovered some of the best of their work, they keep gettin better and better
Back to top Go down
modernlover

modernlover

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Stooges on I'm Not There soundtrack... or not   Stooges on I'm Not There soundtrack... or not Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 12:23 am

What's the best way to get hold of the demo stuff that isn't on the Heavy Liquid box?

I suppose it's mainly the Pop/Williamson covers jams that are not included, right?
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges on I'm Not There soundtrack... or not   Stooges on I'm Not There soundtrack... or not Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 12:56 am

yeh, well, theres loadsa stuff scattered all over the place, some stuff not even released yet, but get wild love, kill city, penetration and other things like double danger and california bleeding and jesus loves the stooges EP, etc, just look around, or try and get one of these bastards to put up bootleg stuff, tho its like blood from a stone
Back to top Go down
all-vox-man

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Stooges on I'm Not There soundtrack... or not   Stooges on I'm Not There soundtrack... or not Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 4:09 am

modernlover wrote:
Unfortunately, it didn't make it onto the soundtrack CD...

Wish sb torrent the score soon...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges on I'm Not There soundtrack... or not   Stooges on I'm Not There soundtrack... or not Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges on I'm Not There soundtrack... or not
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: