Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

R.G. Jones at Wimbledon 8 Track

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

R.G. Jones at Wimbledon 8 Track Empty
PostSubject: R.G. Jones at Wimbledon 8 Track   R.G. Jones at Wimbledon 8 Track Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 7:30 pm

Any of you connected people out there (Paul T?) ever tried to track down the "R.G. Jones at Wimbledon" Stooges 8 track demos? Or know how to contact Matt Gimmick to see if he still has his Birmingham Palladium '71 tape.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: R.G. Jones at Wimbledon 8 Track   R.G. Jones at Wimbledon 8 Track Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 2:34 am

matt gimmick did those rare covers of fresh rag/you don't want my name, find him, he has a 71 stooges tape ???????? Surprised
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: R.G. Jones at Wimbledon 8 Track   R.G. Jones at Wimbledon 8 Track Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 3:44 pm

Yup, he mentions on his Detroit Renaissance EP that he copied Rag and Ya Don't Want my Name from this tape. Now that was back in 77 so it's probably long gone, but it's confirmation that the tape did exist so if anyone has contact details for Matt I'd be more than happy to discuss getting it released with him.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: R.G. Jones at Wimbledon 8 Track   R.G. Jones at Wimbledon 8 Track Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 6:15 pm

how was the quality ? did he record it ?
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: R.G. Jones at Wimbledon 8 Track   R.G. Jones at Wimbledon 8 Track Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 7:14 pm

I don't really know about these. Somewhere I have stats of tape boxed of demos around this period... will have a check when I have a moment. I thought some fo the RG Jones stuff had been released, but could certainly be wrong.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: R.G. Jones at Wimbledon 8 Track   R.G. Jones at Wimbledon 8 Track Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 8:50 pm

I've never been quite sure whether the stuff on "I'm Sick of You" is the RG Jones demos but there's certainly mention of an early version of Search and Destroy being on it, so I suspect it's never been released or maybe only part of it.

This really would be a great find.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.G. Jones at Wimbledon 8 Track   R.G. Jones at Wimbledon 8 Track Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.G. Jones at Wimbledon 8 Track
Page 1 of 1