Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New 2008 concert dates

Go down 
+18
albeyourmirror
Tom Le Major
Donald
jimmyo
Angusyd van Hyman
Nadja
EmmaUK
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
homesickjameswilliamson
MJG196
the5thramone37
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
Lucas
Loose1969
sickness
Rode Hard
adams66
cb
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 1:11 pm

CONGRATS FRIEND ! How are the seats ?

You'll Really Enjoy it if there at the very front !

Iggy Sweating On top of you, and throwing the stand everywhere ! WHAT A CRAZY TIME !

Have fun man !!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 4:24 pm

No seats thank god its an open air, general admission deal u'no, but im gonna be right up at the front! and up on the stage if iggy calls us up
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: New Stooges' date: Italy   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 5:15 pm

New Iggy and the Stooges Date

Heineken Jammin' Festival
June 20-22 at Parco San Giuliano in Mestre (near Venice), Italy.
http://www.heineken.it/heinekenjamminfestival/indexFlash.html

Friday, June 20:

LINKIN PARK
SEX PISTOLS
IGGY AND THE STOOGES
CHRIS CORNELL

cb sunny
http://iggypop.org
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 5:56 pm

Wow Cathy! another date in Europe cheers

But:
The Sex Pistols as headliner?
and Iggy and The Stooges as one of the OTHER ARTISTS....what's happenin???

Last edited by ZinZin on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 6:13 pm

ZinZin wrote:

But:
The Sex Pistols and The Police as headliner

Ano, it makes no sense why ppl (HOF...) dont rate the stooges, every festival theyre at theyre always the best thing there, glastonbury for example, its gettin annoying now, its as if people wont recognise how good they are for some reason, maybe theyre not that accessible but their influence alone should put them above a helluva lotta bands theyve played under, i dont get it
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 8:12 am

cb wrote:
Good work finding it! Totally confirmed, here's where to get (yikes -- expensive) tix tomorrow:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/180040548E843AE8?artistid=962208&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

4 more dates confirmed but I can't announce yet Suicide

cb
http://iggypop.org

How about telling ME?! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
EmmaUK

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:59 pm

SAY PLEASE!
Smile
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 9:06 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
ZinZin wrote:

But:
The Sex Pistols and The Police as headliner

Ano, it makes no sense why ppl (HOF...) dont rate the stooges, every festival theyre at theyre always the best thing there, glastonbury for example, its gettin annoying now, its as if people wont recognise how good they are for some reason, maybe theyre not that accessible but their influence alone should put them above a helluva lotta bands theyve played under, i dont get it

maybe the best things in life don't need 'official' recognition. If the Stooges really got properly 'recognized' that would take some of the cool factor away I guess. It certainly would for me.

And a mention of 'Linkin Park'?!?pale
Holy shit, that's me knocked out cold for the rest of the day. Just as well I didn't read this during the week.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 9:22 pm

I dont care if ppl think they are cool or not, thats the furthest reasoning for me liking them, but ''official recognition'' would be nice, for example everyone i know hates the stooges, and iggy, everything abotu them, yet all their favourite bands are influenced by them heavily i may add, like white stripes, nirvana, qotsa, foo fighters etc etc but despite hating them they do recognise that they influenced them

granted keeping them a small enuff thing is 'cooler' but its a slap in the face not for the official ppl to recognise them, its like saying they dont matter when really without them modern music wouldnt be wat it is, thats a grand statement but its true, i believe theyve influenced more ppl than the beatles and probabyl as many as the stones, and both of them get the recognition they so rightly deserve but by not accepting the stooges or even just iggy into for example HOF or watever (i understand stooges cant headline a festival because no1 knows them) it means that he hasnt done nething, or doesnt deserve to get in, u'no and thats a shame because as ive said music today, whether its a good thing or bad thing, wouldnt be anywhere without them*

*im talkin about actually good bands of the moment like strokes, white stripes, yeah yeah yeahs, kills, etc not like the rest of the shit, the 'standout' ones, altho i agree with iggy theres little of anything good atm
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 12:06 pm

look, I'm talking about really 'official' recognition here. HOF, for a start. They have been recognized by 100's of bands as you point out, that's fine, so what other recognition do they really need? who needs the likes of HOF? and if so many bands have admired them what other tribute do they really need?
actually, I always think it kinda funny that so many bands claim to have been so influenced by them and yet not a single one has ever managed to copy them, for all that. I never heard another guitar like Ron's (as I'm always banging on about), never yet seen another performer like Iggy, etc. etc.
Even now, when they're older and wiser and all, nothing else compares.
And some of these bands - Strokes, White Stripes etc, well, they aren't that interesting really. I remember when the Strokes first came out, how they were really hailed as The Next Big Thing but that didn't really materialize. (I don't like to rubbish bands just for the sake of it, it's just my honest opinion)
it's too early on a Monday morning for this! so I'll go away and cool down Smile

well actually there is such a thing as over-recognition too, The Stones and Beatles have been recognized too much. Too little official recognition is better than too much, that's my view on it. If you think of all the mindless bland praise that's ever been lavished on the Beatles and Stones over the decades. I mean people referring to them just becasue it's the thing to do, praising the likes of 'Imagine' (urggh) just because it was John Lennon. I'd much rather the Stooges went without that.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:49 am

Quote :

if so many bands have admired them what other tribute do they really need?

not what they need, but deserve - if their achievements arent recognised it means in the ''offical'' peoples eyes they arent worthy

Quote :
yet not a single one has ever managed to copy them

i always put that up to stooges being so different and ahead of their time that ppl cant copy them - also bands get influences from all over the place, in the rio interview i put up the other day iggy talks about wildly vast musical and spiritual influences in the band

Quote :

never yet seen another performer like Iggy

anthony kiedis from the red hot chilis peppers couldntve based himself more on anyone else

Quote :
Strokes, White Stripes etc, well, they aren't that interesting really

granted strokes didnt live up to the hype, but white stripes are very interesting, such a different sound, and jack white has something about him, like you can tell he's gonna be big (not to create more hype lol) but he seems like he could do - and has done - great things

Quote :
well actually there is such a thing as over-recognition too, The Stones and Beatles have been recognized too much.

there may be over-recognition in some cases, but i think recognition can be 'thrown' in the wrong direction; or at the wrong thing, like the stones music, for instance their early 80s period isnt recognised yet its one of their greatest, and the stones arent recognised for their greatness as a live band more for staying alive u'no, and the beatles are well they are over recognised i'll give you that, though they did do an awful lot, maybe not music wise, but the way they did the music, like 'i wanna hold your hand' introduced the idea of a band, a pop band, writing their own songs, and the whole political thing and drugs things were huge, amean ppl knew the stones did drugs and it was seen as a bad seedy thing done by criminals in dark alleys, but then the beatles do it and it opens up a whole world for ppl that loads of ppl young and old do drugs

Quote :
I'd much rather the Stooges went without that.

yeh i know what you mean; i wouldnt want the stooges to be glorified by unappreciative idiots saying their name because its of the moment, but its not that i want everyone to steal the stooges away from actual fans and just use their name to get started as most ppl do, or to get into the HOF just because theyve played there and their songs were played there the year b4, but what i mean, and ive only seen it when i started getting mojo magazine is an appreciation for them for how good they are and esp for what theyve done, amean theyve inspired hundreds of bands most of who go on to sell like 100x as much albums as them, by not for example inducting them into the HOF with others like the stones, beatles, dylan it is saying they arent as good as them or they havent done as much when really theyve inspired (musically) more ppl than the beatles, iggys inspired/created most of what is considered common stage techniques (jumping into the crowd, throwing abuse back at an abusive crowd etc) i think that not accepting them or not using their voice to say how good they are and influential - which reaches more ppl than bands like strokes, stripes etc, i think it just says ''you dont deserve it'' - maybe its just my rosetinted glasses for iggy/stooges, but i honestly believe that they deserve to stand next to the stonse/dylan/doors/beatles/zeppelin/etc in public consensus for their influence etc u'no thats it
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 6:36 pm

this whole thing about 'recognition' - just a huge topic in itself. (I can feel a thread coming on - haha). But one obvious kinda reason why they're not recognized alongside of the likes of the Stones it's just because they're generally seen as having influenced punk and NOT the mainstream. (alright so the recognition is there for the likes of the Sex Pistols but they were always more visible, and stage-managed by Mclaren and all)
also you say you meet a lot of people who hate the Stooges. I've certainly met lots of people who are totally ignorant about them, - they've vaguely heard of 'Iggy Pop' and 'Lust for Life' and 'The Idiot', and that's about it, but I don't know anyone who actively hates them!
as for anthony kiedis, I know f*** all about him, to be honest. Except that I hate his singing voice.
Back to top Go down
Angusyd van Hyman

Angusyd van Hyman

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 7:31 pm

It's a selfish reason... but I don't really want them to be REALLY recognised. Cause, for exemple, the Ramones are recognised, and now those shitty little fashion bitches like to have a Ramones badge or something because it looks cool to them. It's the same with Converse, and I fear men's shirts become in vogue too...

Sorry, but I can't really understand what it would change for them to be recognised. I'm sure it wouldn't change a thing in my area.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:06 pm

yeh, i get your points, i keep trying to get my friends into them and in a way im glad its not taking (altho knowing at least one person who likes him would be nice!) but the recognition im talkin about isnt from mass appeal or from the trendys i mean recognition for just how influential they are, maybe its just how i see iggy/stooges, being my favourite band, but they have influenced as much as the bands mentioned above, yet dont get the credit for it, i just dont like how they, and esp iggy, doesnt get the credit he deserves for doing what he does
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:26 pm

I think they're often regarded as a kind of curiosity. They didn't fit in 40 years ago and they still don't. A lot of people still don't 'get' them. It happens to some bands.

and angusyd, I totally agree!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:59 pm

don't you think it has to do with.. that the majority of people are affright of everything what is less determined, what's unpredictable and can't be recognized or fit in what they expect? The Stooges and Iggy fitting well into this typifying Very Happy don't wanna sound too fatalistic..but i think this won't change
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 12:02 am

think you're right ZinZin - and no IT'S NOT GONNA CHANGE!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 1:22 am

yeh, i thought the world, music world at least, had finally caught up with them, took them forty years, but instead i think its just the ones who like them who are putting them on fashion rocks / HOF etc (altho i side with ron in that i think madonnas just using their cool)

i dont really care tho, amean i hate those ''fashion bitches'' as you put it angusyd, whenever i first saw those stones tongue tshirts i was a little pissed then in a shop near me i saw two things that pissed me off one an iggy tshirt and i thought shit theyve got him too, then another one which just said ''bowie 1974'' thats it, not tour 1974, just 1974, and i just thought what is that about? an artists name and a random year he lived and produced music in, it was so annoying, but its not them im looking for acceptance from, in fact the less the better, altho i do believe after a while it will decrease, the stooges can only stay flavour of the month with the trendys for so long, though the strength of the live show will keep it up for a bit longer - festivals n all.

a good example is how people believe the velvet underground to be these great pionneers and granted they were good - for a whole album - but they hold them up with stones etc as greats and view the stooges as sucking off of them, which i do know is true to a point, though i dont think iggy got that much out of it, i think he only took the whole ''oh this guy cant sing, neither can i, i'll give it a go'' the whole DIY aspect u'no but ppl still view VU over them, its just that ppl dont accept how good /influenctial etc they were - the big wigs as it were

though i suppose they didnt get it (save danny fields/bowie) and probably still wont until they make a good bit of money off an album - which then blunts the point, as i know business is money, money business and both destructive and brutal, something iggys had to deal with his whole career (only being taken 'seriously' when he made a bit of money of an album like brick by brick or a bit of kudos off of trainspotting) but maybe, this HOF thing for example, shows that if someone like Madonna - who granted has done a lot for music and is good in her field however shallow it is - if she can get accepted over iggy, and have to bring him to their door (whether for generous or selfish reasons) it just shows what music has become, and maybe always has been, all about money - which seems naive to say but really it started that way, people started recording country music for white ppl and because it did so well wanted to make money off of black ppl and so they recorded ''their music'' the blues and ppl like alan lomax recorded it purely as documentation, same with harry smith, but one of the greatest and most influential music genres, the blues was set up just to get a bit of money from black people, goes to show really
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 11:32 am

ok. Good thoughts HJW.
Money has also a positive role in the whole! I do believe that.
Money + recognition=fuel to the motor.
Although people or mass attitude don't change much
it all depends how The Stooges go along with it.
I'm convinced The Stooges and Iggy know what's up in the world, what's good for them and what's not.
it's not always easy to understand how it al works.
Headliner; The Sex Pistols...and than The Stooges as other artists!..well...
I don't think I ever get over that one!
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 11:56 am

of course money matters to everyone. In varying degrees.

I guess the only thing that really concerns me, in the end, is just the effect The Stooges' music has on me. That's the only thing that would bother me - if it STOPPED having such an effect, because they're by far the best band I ever came across.

who exactly are the 'official' people you want them to be 'recognized' by, HJW? HOF and their ilk? or somebody else?Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 12:09 pm

Nadja wrote:
I guess the only thing that really concerns me, in the end, is just the effect The Stooges' music has on me. That's the only thing that would bother me - if it STOPPED having such an effect, because they're by far the best band I ever came across.
yeah! ok. understand that.
well..i'm deep into this music, these people and band...so much..that i dig also their less good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 12:22 pm

ZinZin wrote:
Headliner; The Sex Pistols...and than The Stooges as other artists!..well...
I don't think I ever get over that one!

c'mon, the Pistols weren't THAT bad! At least Steve Jones had a decent guitar sound (or did, don't know much about now actually)

I'm SUCH a sucker for a good guitar sound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 12:29 pm

Yeah..they were ok..the Sex Pistols...I also like them..musically seen
and their role in England/Europe..that was nice!

Compared/beside The Stooges and the originality of The Stooges?
the Pistols are..eh...nada Neutral
are they doin own, new songs? nope
if i'm right ..like The Police; only doing some classics and covers Sleep
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 12:55 pm

I wouldn't quite call the Pistols that, the contribution they made you really can't ignore. And I wasn't setting them upalongside of the Stooges, just pointing out that they're not complete duds!

and The Police! only one noteworthy song that they've ever came up with in their entire career, as I recently pointed out on another thread!
and Sting remains an ineradicable blot on the musical landscape affraid
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 4:18 pm

Nadja wrote:
I wouldn't quite call the Pistols that, the contribution they made you really can't ignore.

i dunno, musically there wasnt much there and you can put everything they changed down to one man; Mc Laren, he's the head of the monster, he crafted that whole UK punk thing, granted certain ppl took it and ran with it and made some pretty terrific music (xray spex) and some ppl jumped on the bandwagon and made a name for themselves as they would have even if it had been a folk revival (the clash) but otherwise there wasnt much there, both he and vivienne wood made a good bit of money out of it, her esp, i saw on johnathan ross shes considered the 'queen' or something of british fashion, but she probly wouldntve been there without mclaren starting that all, they were smart, very smart infact, took from all the originals in new york, dolls, richard hell, television etc and used it to build upon the sex pistols, and really they couldve taken any band that was around at that time and create the same hype/fear around them, they sort of built it up the same way ABKCO or whoever billed the stones as, the whole ''lock up your daughters'' thing, i think one of the lines was ''The beatles wanna hold your hand, the stones wanna burn down your town'' it seems crazy now but ppl thought they were serious, but they just amplified that really, and even at the end of it all lydon/rotten said on stage after doin No Fun ''ever felt like you've been cheated'' even he knew it was all a sham, tho it did let him create something good after it with Pil, i thought there stuff was good, but yeh sex pistols didnt really do anything, musically there was nothing, some ppl took away a DIY attitude from it like Siouxsie sioux and creates horrible music, even so that DIY attitude came from the stooges and i know VU's Sister Ray from white light/white heat had a big impact on the whole uk punk movement

though you're both right about the police/sting!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 2008 concert dates   New 2008 concert dates - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New 2008 concert dates
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next