Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ROCK ACTION!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

ROCK ACTION! Empty
PostSubject: ROCK ACTION!   ROCK ACTION! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 4:20 pm

This post is about Scotty's drumming! His qualities and
role in the band. And whatever you always wanted to say about him.

I really love Scott's steady hard rock drumming! He's givin this real deep down bottom beat...nobody drums The Stooges songs better than Rock Action!

only sometimes in a few up tempo songs i wish Scotty could do more a freak out acceleration. (Like Clem Burke could speed up)

Last edited by ZinZin on Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

ROCK ACTION! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCK ACTION!   ROCK ACTION! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 8:57 pm

i thought clem burke is a terrible drummer... at least with iggy...
Back to top Go down
eusebioneto

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-02-11

ROCK ACTION! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCK ACTION!   ROCK ACTION! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 9:51 pm

Scott plays very well.

His "african beats" on "the Stooges", jazzy beats on "Funhouse" and hard-Rock-influenced beats on "Raw Power" and his punkish drumming on the "Post-Raw Power" era are great!

And I think Clem Burke is a great drummer, his work with Blondie is very good!
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

ROCK ACTION! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCK ACTION!   ROCK ACTION! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 11:30 pm

clem with iggy sucked, he beat the drums, and did the same roll's and beats over and over, no change. scott did this the first couple reunion years, but now scotts became alot better in the reignited stooges. He's come a long way !

Also, scott's beats on a few songs on raw power, can't even be heard.. i.e - Search and destroy, Death trip, Shake appeal.

The slower ones - Gimmie Danger, I Need Somebody. Are better because the other insturments arn't so loud. I know alot about recording, and james AC30 sounded kickass, its easy to tell it from the other parts he used a marshall on. and the drums were recorded terribly(and scotts snare sounded way too loose, unlike with elektra), along with the bass... on bowies mix, the overdubs of james = TOO LOUD ! on Iggy's mix the overdubs of james = TOO QUIET !

So, in conclusion it was recorded so poorly, that each part seems not that good(bass and drums) and iggy's voice is so loud on the original that it gives a headache from the falceto. On iggy's mix his voice is reverb'd a bit too much ! causeing a lingering effect on the rest of the insturments espwecially with the overlydriven distrotion bites added for the guitar.

I wish it was recorded better, whoever was the guy in charge of micing the insturments is a real cock sucker, i'll say that much !

Cheers !
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

ROCK ACTION! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCK ACTION!   ROCK ACTION! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 2:01 am

I think I would easily list Scott Asheton in Top 3 on my favourite drummers list (besides John Densmore of the Doors, Bill Ward of Black Sabbath, etc.) Just like Dave on bass, he was a novice on drums - but tallented, if his playing is so helluva good Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
eusebioneto

ROCK ACTION! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCK ACTION!   ROCK ACTION! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 2:02 am

On that parts did james use a Marshall?

And what model of Marshall did he use, do you know?
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

ROCK ACTION! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCK ACTION!   ROCK ACTION! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 3:29 am

im unsure. he used marshall for some of the leads. not surw which model however
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

ROCK ACTION! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCK ACTION!   ROCK ACTION! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 3:30 am

Well, you can pretty much figure on your own how I feel about Scott's drumming. Wink

If the word "underrated" was ever warranted, here's where you use it. Scott is among my favorite three drummers as well. Amazing power, yet a real nice touch. Nobody else would have made Fun House GROOVE like it did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

ROCK ACTION! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCK ACTION!   ROCK ACTION! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 3:32 am

agreed ! but you must say, towards the end there (metalic KO period) everyone was getting pretty bad.. scott would loose beat alot, james would have to use all focus not to mess up... very sloppy... but in the first reunion shows, scott was very rusty, in his rolls, and the way he'd hit the cymbals... hes came along way in the last 4 years... Smile
Back to top Go down
eusebioneto

ROCK ACTION! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCK ACTION!   ROCK ACTION! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 3:44 am

Loose1969 wrote:
Nobody else would have made Fun House GROOVE like it did.

Agree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ROCK ACTION! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCK ACTION!   ROCK ACTION! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ROCK ACTION!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: