Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Long Lost Love?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

A Long Lost Love? Empty
PostSubject: A Long Lost Love?   A Long Lost Love? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 8:00 pm

I , as i'm sure many people on the board do, love Johanna couple things about it, does anyone have the complete accurate lyrics for it, and does anyone know the back story, i know it has a backstory - iggy wouldnt write a song otherwise - but who was she etc?

thanks
HJW
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

A Long Lost Love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Long Lost Love?   A Long Lost Love? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 10:55 pm

I seem to remember reading something about Joanna being about some English girl during the Raw Power recording in London, who used to drive iggy crazy by repeatedly running off just as they were about to get it together in bed.

Might have been in The Wild One or in some cd booklet.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

A Long Lost Love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Long Lost Love?   A Long Lost Love? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 11:43 pm

Gonna hava check through the books i have for some info, its a killer song
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

A Long Lost Love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Long Lost Love?   A Long Lost Love? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 1:00 am

mc has the facts.
She also appears to have been a junkie as Iggy once introduced the song in concert as being about an old girlfiriend who spent all his money on heroin but he still loved her...
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

A Long Lost Love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Long Lost Love?   A Long Lost Love? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 12:48 pm

According to Ron, whose recollections are usually reliable, she was one of the girls at Torreyson Drive, not in the UK.

It was Nick kent who placed her in London, I think in his magnificent story The Mighty Ig vs The Hand Of Fate, but I think it was a simple mistake which is understandable considering the Stooges' complicated drugs and groupies liaisons. Her boyfriend was apparently one of the band's dealers, so it was a weird druggy menage a trois from a time when, to quote Ron, "Iggy thrived on chaos".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Long Lost Love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Long Lost Love?   A Long Lost Love? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Long Lost Love?
Page 1 of 1