Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81

Go down 
+8
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
homesickjameswilliamson
Barman
MJG196
seventeen
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
heavy liquid
Colin Chaos
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Colin Chaos

Colin Chaos

Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2007-03-01

Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81 Empty
PostSubject: Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81   Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 10:37 pm

Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81 Iggypoprd3

Disc: 1
1. Raw Power
2. T.V Eye
3. Dirt
4. Turn Blue
5. Funtime
6. Gimme Danger
7. No Fun
8. Sister Midnight
9. I Need Somebody
10. Search & Destroy
11. I Wanna Be Your Dog
12. China Girl
Disc: 2
1. One, Two Brown Eyes
2. I Wanna Be Your Dog
3. Modern Guy
4. Lust For Life
5. Rock Action
6. Fall In Love With Me
7. Shake Appeal
8. Gloria
9. T.V Eye
10. Nightclubbing
11. I Got A Right
12. Raw Power
Disc: 3
1. Penetration
2. TV Eye
3. Kill City
4. The Endless Sea
5. Lust For Life
6. Curiosity
7. Girls
8. Beyond The Law
9. Gimme Danger
10. I Got A Right
11. Dirt
12. I Wanna Be Your Dog
13. One For My Baby
14. Cock In My Pocket
Disc: 4
1. Real Cool Time
2. Knocking Em Down
3. Take Care Of Me
4. Dog Food
5. You Really Got Me
6. New Values
7. TV Eye
8. Play It Safe
9. Funtime
10. I Wanna Be Your Dog
11. One For My Baby (Set Em Up Joe)
12. China Girl
13. 5 Foot One
14. No Fun
Disc: 5
1. Intro/Hassles
2. Knockin Em Down
3. Loco Mosquito
4. I Snub You
5. Sister Midnight
6. I'm A Conservative
7. Funtime
8. I'm Crying
9. Dog Food
10. Five Foot One
11. One For My Baby
12. Lust For Life
13. Its Alright
14. Take Care Of Me
15. Play It Safe
16. I Wanna Be Your Dog
Disc: 6
1. Search & Destroy
2. Eggs On A Plate
3. Bang Bang
4. Funtime
5. Rock n Roll Party
6. Lust For Life
7. Pumping For Jill
8. Knockin Em down
9. I'm Bored
10. Dog Food
11. New Values
12. Sincerity
13. Five Foot One
14. Louie Louie
15. Gloria
16. Flesh And Blood
17. Search & Destroy
18. Encore

This was released in January 2007!!!

Anyone got a copy of it yet???
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81   Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 1:37 am

No, I've never even heard of it. Surprised

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81   Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 11:05 am

But now we have...pretty kool!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
seventeen

seventeen

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81   Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 3:19 pm

Anyone got the "night of the iguana" box set ? does it recoup this one regarding live shows ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.seventeenrecords.com
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81   Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 3:51 pm

Here is a User Review from Amazon.com:

I was excited when I first saw this offering, as another of my favorite artists, Frank Zappa, had done a similar effort with his "Beat The Boots" box sets. These sets were released in order to, well, "beat the bootleggers" (who derive income from work that doesn't belong to them) at their own game - FZ cleaned up the sound on the bootlegs, re-packaged them and released them in several sets at cut-rate prices. They made a fine addition to his authorized catalog.

Along comes this Iggy Pop set which appears to do the same - but don't be fooled, these recordings almost universally stink, to the point of being unlistenable. No cleanup has been done - I found myself giving up in mid-play on most of the six discs.

This is a shame - the song selections on here are superb - I was at a few performances from these tours, and would have loved to have heard decent versions of this material. Not happening with this set.

Money-grubbing record companies have released more than a few Iggy titles of questionable quality, but this is by far the biggest rip-off of them all. At the list price of this set, a fan shoud expect MUCH more than it delivers.

In summary, STAY AWAY FROM THIS LIKE THE PLAGUE. And SHAME on the record company that released this dreck.

And here is the product description from Amazon. it is the same label (Easy Action) as the Sonic's Rendezvous Band box-set
:

Six CD box set conceived by the Easy Action label and Iggy Pop himself in order to stop the huge flow of unauthorized Iggy Pop releases already in our shops. This box is Part One in an ongoing series to document the ‘Live Performance’ year by year of the great Mr. Pop. Featuring some great musicians such as David Bowie, Glen Matlock, Brian James, Ivan Kral, Scott Asheton and Fred Smith. Extensive liner notes by ex-Mojo editor Paul Trynka. 85 tracks spanning the years 1977-81. Now THIS is what we call ROCK 'N ROLL!. Easy Action. 2006.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
Barman

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81   Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 11:31 pm

Thisd is nowhere near as dire as this review reads. It's fully approved by Iggy. It does replicate a couple of things already available (like the Night of the Iguana boot) and will appeal to completists, but this review is a little harsh.
Back to top Go down
Colin Chaos

Colin Chaos

Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81   Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 8:24 pm

Disc 1: Aragon Ballroom Chicago 28th March 1977
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disc 2: San Diego State University 16th November1977
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disc 3: Domino Club Stockholm Sweden 24th May 1978
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disc 4: Stardust Ballroom, Los Angeles 30th November 1979
Disc 5: Picadero Barcelona Spain 15th May 1980
Disc 6: Palasport Bologna Italia 18th June 1981 70:18
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81   Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 9:12 pm

Yeh, that review is way way way over harsh. THe boxset is nowhere near as bad as that. I thought the sound was really good - altho i do like that bootleg sound.

Compared to some stuff, like heavy liquid lives shows and other bootlegs etc, this is good sound, good songs, good performances - including one with the awesome Sonic's Rendezvous Band behing Iggy.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81   Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 3:23 am

i have a few iggy with sonic's rendezvous band, backing him up

-Helsinki, Finland 78
-Domino, Stockholm 78
-Music Machine, London 78
-Orebro, Sweden 78(stopped by swedish police, includes soudcheck of rare songs never released)
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81   Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Of those bootlegs, are there any quality soundvise that goes beyond Sthlm Domino, who's quality is quite a downer.
Back to top Go down
culturanta

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81   Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 3:10 am

Found it at Encore Recordings in Ann Arbor. The proprietor claims to be a junior high classmate of Iggy's.

I am just really loving these Easy Action releases.

Cult
Back to top Go down
bam

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81   Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 4:15 pm

I dont own this boxset , but heres a "I wanna be your dog" from it , i got it from a live compilation disk that came with "Classic Rock" magazine:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/upxst1
Back to top Go down
Funhouse

Funhouse

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81   Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 5:19 pm

Sorry to resurrect this long dead post, but I'm a huge fan of Sonic's Rendezvous Band and have always been intrigued to hear them backing Iggy. Is the Stockholm gig recording on Where the Faces Shine good quality? It's a worth buying the box set despite the largely critical reviews of the general sound quality?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81   Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where The Faces Shine Vol 1 :Official Live Experience 77-81
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: