Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Album Review: PARTY

Go down 
+11
Donald
world's forgotten boy
JW82
G, F#, E
adams66
Paul T
mindless
J.N
homesickjameswilliamson
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
MJG196
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

Album Review:  PARTY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Album Review: PARTY   Album Review:  PARTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:19 pm

Well, I'd have to argue with you on this - and Zombie Birdhouse being pure crap!...

I love Zombie Birdhouse!
Just goes to show how different we all are!

I love the inventive tunes that Rob Duprey came up with, I love the fact that Iggy is singing at the very edge of his register at times, and isn't afraid to try stuff he's never tried before. I love the simplicity of many of the tunes, the clarity of the production, the genuinely funny lyrics, the fact that Iggy seems to be enjoying making this record (he doesn't sound like he enjoyed Party for example).
It's quirky, unlike any other Iggy album, unique in that it occupied just a year of Iggy's time - he recorded it in the summer of 1982, toured (and played all the songs from ZB at various times during the tour) until the summer of 1983, and then never touched the Zombie stuff ever again.
Give it another chance, World's Forgotten Boy!
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Album Review: PARTY   Album Review:  PARTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 2:29 pm

I love Zombie Birdhouse too. It's surprisingly underrated I think. It reminds me of when I saw him do 3 gigs in 2 days at the Venue in London. Whatever happened to the Venue, it wasn't a bad venue.
Back to top Go down
zeke

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Album Review: PARTY   Album Review:  PARTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:17 pm

Love zombie birdhouse. i saw the midnight show at the venue. one of the highlights of my life.
Back to top Go down
zeke

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Album Review: PARTY   Album Review:  PARTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:22 pm

well that, and 78 with the srb at the music machine..... people say iggy is still wild. shame theres not a dvd of that... that was wild
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Album Review: PARTY   Album Review:  PARTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:48 pm

Yeah, I know there are some good songs on it, but I don't like the production at all... It's one of those albums you try to like, but just don't do it for you!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Album Review: PARTY   Album Review:  PARTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 11:16 pm

I love Zombie Birdhouse too, great album great songs run like a villain, the villagers, ballad of cookie mc bride, eat or be eaten, buldozer and street crazies

i think i get wat u mean worlds forgotten boy, the production can get a bit like, i dunno, it reminds me of old people dancing - though i dunno i dont think thats what i think it is, haha, the image just came to me, anyway, i still dont mind the productino that much, well more just indifferent to it

HJW
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Album Review: PARTY   Album Review:  PARTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 2:42 pm

well, hjw - I think I exaggerated a bit with saying that 'Rock'n'Roll Party' is my only favorite track Smile And you're right - Pleasure's cool, Happy Man (though it's more of a parody for me - but I like that), and Time Won't Let Me. But I wouldn't call 'Party' one of my favorite albums at all. I don't know. Maybe it's because of Ivan Kral? lol Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
iggycooper

iggycooper

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Album Review: PARTY   Album Review:  PARTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:24 pm

In my opinion "Party" is a wannabe-"let's have a good time"-album which you didn't expect of Iggy Pop.

"Happy Man" is the baddest and dumpest song which I've ever heard from Iggy.

The only "Party"-songs I still really like are "Eggs On Plate" and "Pumping For Jill".

The rest is crap!
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Album Review: PARTY   Album Review:  PARTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 7:50 pm

Iggy was running on empty through the whole Arista period, but put out enough decent songs for - maybe - a single album. His shows were borderline depressing and he seemed contemptous of the crowds, the band, the whole thing. When people yelled out for old Stooges tunes during an '81 gig at Bookies in Detroit he responded with 'Are you losers still trying to free John Sinclair?'

Pretty much every single 60's/70's rock band lost their way in the 80's, not just Iggy. Bowie, Zeppelin etc. all cop to this nowadays.

'Happy Man' was probably Iggy's attempt to mimic ska bands like The Specials who were huge (in the clubs anyway) at the time.
Back to top Go down
Loco Mosquito

Loco Mosquito

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Album Review: PARTY   Album Review:  PARTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 5:46 am

party is excellent. rock and roll party, where is the wiiiiine?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Album Review: PARTY   Album Review:  PARTY - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Album Review: PARTY
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2