Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)

Go down 
+7
bam
Garageman
Donald
Borntohula
soldier
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
JW82
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Empty
PostSubject: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 9:14 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWTIjvj5JjE Express your opinions people and don't mind the comment I left there hahah Smile Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 11:26 pm

not as good as my covers of iggy Smile
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 11:36 pm

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
not as good as my covers of iggy Smile

Well, cuz it's definately not a rock, punk band - but the point is that they did such a cover Smile
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 11:40 pm

True Smile

I've been doing some great covers though lately ... Mask, I gotta right, Gimmie Some Skin, Cock In My Pocket, Kill City, Innocent World..etc
Back to top Go down
soldier

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:01 am

Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 9:11 pm

Yeah, this 'Loose' cover definately rocks! My whole point about that 'Open Up and Bleed' cover was that it is played by a band which music has nothing to do with rock at all Smile
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 12:14 am

Soldier - you told me about something you use to record your guitar ... what was the name of that thing again ?
Back to top Go down
soldier

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 10:25 am

if you want only record Without sequence

you can take free program like

-goldwave
-audacity
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 10:31 am

whats the guitar program you use ?
Back to top Go down
soldier

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 11:07 am

guitar rig it s the best but it s expensive
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 5:54 pm

If they had a coctail piano on that thing of theirs, it would be 100% killer!
A very nice tune. Makes me thinking of learning it myself Smile
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 7:29 pm

That's really pretty good. The song works well in that style.
Back to top Go down
Garageman

Garageman

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 1:17 pm

Just goes to show that a good song is a good song no matter who performs it.
Back to top Go down
bam

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 7:07 pm

What do you think about this cover of sick of you, by a swedish band: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ8wBTgcwH0
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 8:12 pm

bam wrote:
What do you think about this cover of sick of you, by a swedish band: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ8wBTgcwH0

HOLY FUCKING HELL, it's awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Not as edgy as the Stooges' version, but beautifully atmospheric in the quieter sections. Sorta Doors-y. My only actual criticizm is that the lead guitar work in the fast section is weak. Other than that it's amazing.

I'm adding this to my list of Stooges covers I'm using for a comp. CD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 9:08 pm

bam wrote:

Yeah, I've heard that one before and like it very much too! Smile
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 11:51 pm

Loose - would you like 1 of my stooges covers for the disc ? Smile i'd let you pick one...
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 12:01 am

Loose - would you like 1 of my stooges covers for the disc ? Smile i'd let you pick one...

Thanks, but I'm looking for full band versions. My band is even supplying a couple of tracks. I appreciate the offer though. Smile
Back to top Go down
bam

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 1:16 am

Loose1969 wrote:
bam wrote:

HOLY FUCKING HELL, it's awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Not as edgy as the Stooges' version, but beautifully atmospheric in the quieter sections. Sorta Doors-y. My only actual criticizm is that the lead guitar work in the fast section is weak. Other than that it's amazing.

I'm adding this to my list of Stooges covers I'm using for a comp. CD.

Yea i agree, and some of the lead guitar parts are not that accurate IMO.. but on the other hand one of the guitarists sneaks in the TV-eye riff during the fast section so its cool anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 6:59 pm

i do all the parts though loose Smile guitar,vocals,bass,drums, and piano if needed... i did a sick cover of Kill City and cock in my pocket
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 7:01 pm

i do all the parts though loose Smile guitar,vocals,bass,drums, and piano if needed... i did a sick cover of Kill City and cock in my pocket

If you can send me the files of complete versions I'll definitely check 'em out. Wink
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:12 pm

i'll do cock in my pocket for ya.... thats my favorite... where do i send it to ?
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:22 pm

Oh, would you rather, cock in my pocket, gimmie some skin, i gotta right? pick 1 Smile cheers
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:41 pm

Reminds me of Jon Brion's cover of God Save the Queen - click on Sex Pistols Medley http://www.thepopview.com/wordpress/?p=375

I kind of dig it once it gets going.
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 12:16 am

Anyone who could post the chords thats used in the song? I cant make it out myself for some reason Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)   Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Check out this 'Open Up and Bleed' cover :)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: