Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bowie's or Iggy's?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Bowie's or Iggy's? Empty
PostSubject: Bowie's or Iggy's?   Bowie's or Iggy's? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 11:11 pm

Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Bowie's or Iggy's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowie's or Iggy's?   Bowie's or Iggy's? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:38 am

that's the one Iggy remastered in 1997
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Bowie's or Iggy's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowie's or Iggy's?   Bowie's or Iggy's? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:49 am

thought so, thanks

the ''millenium'' thing threw me
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Bowie's or Iggy's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowie's or Iggy's?   Bowie's or Iggy's? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 10:09 pm

Well, I just grabbed a copy of the old Columbia CD on ePay...now I can play the thing again! I really can't stand Iggy's mix.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Bowie's or Iggy's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowie's or Iggy's?   Bowie's or Iggy's? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 10:15 pm

How'd u no it was the columbia one? i bought it on ebay as well (documented above i think) but it said it was the columbia and i even asked the seller, but they just sentt out the 97 one, so i sent ut back, which cost me for posting, then cos i took up there space on ebay by buyin the item the charged me a month later for the ebay charge!! bastards
Back to top Go down

Bowie's or Iggy's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowie's or Iggy's?   Bowie's or Iggy's? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 10:37 pm

HJW I think: the difference...the original 73 one bowie mix has no RAW POWER written on the front...it's only the photo of Iggy and a thin sign from CBS in the left corner above. and it should also be written released where etc. on the back of coarse..but you send it back..hmm..pity you didn't photograph or compare it with visually with the one you got

Last edited by ZinZin on Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Bowie's or Iggy's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowie's or Iggy's?   Bowie's or Iggy's? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 10:42 pm

Nah it said "produced by iggy pop" that was a red flag lol, but um, yeh it doesnt stop them from stating online that its the 73/columbia one u'no, and only did i have the 97 already that i sent it back
Back to top Go down

Bowie's or Iggy's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowie's or Iggy's?   Bowie's or Iggy's? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 10:49 pm

so gotta wait for MG.... or pm him
It's Better to buy the LP HJW; less cheating with that.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

Bowie's or Iggy's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowie's or Iggy's?   Bowie's or Iggy's? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 10:55 pm

The Columbia Cd version's cover if you look well is a bit brighter(his skin is alittle oranger), iggy's mix cover is alittle darker(his skin is alittle darker red)

hope it helps alittle

cheers
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Bowie's or Iggy's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowie's or Iggy's?   Bowie's or Iggy's? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 10:57 pm

im gunna buy it some day, and the weirdness Lp, well probly lps of them all of them act, but esp those two cos of the mix on raw power nad the extra tracks on weirdness
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Bowie's or Iggy's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowie's or Iggy's?   Bowie's or Iggy's? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 10:59 pm

I have the two mixes, actualy i have like 3 for some reason, two versions of the bowie version which is weird, the tracks are longer on one version (or shorter on the other depending on ur outlook, lol) but yeh i would just like to have the CD, dunno, completest sort of thing, but um oh yeh does anyone know if the version purporting to be the bowie version on itunes is actually it, cos it could solve all the problems, lol
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Bowie's or Iggy's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowie's or Iggy's?   Bowie's or Iggy's? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 2:25 am

Well, first thing I did was ASK the seller which it was. If there is no explanation in the auction ad, and the seller doesn't respond, then don't guess. You are likely to be wrong. Caveat Emptor!!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Bowie's or Iggy's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowie's or Iggy's?   Bowie's or Iggy's? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 2:36 am

mg196 wrote:
Well, first thing I did was ASK the seller which it was. If there is no explanation in the auction ad, and the seller doesn't respond, then don't guess. You are likely to be wrong. Caveat Emptor!!

the auction ad claimed it was the columbia one, it even said ''remaster of the 1973 punk masterpiece" or something and ''original columbia 1989" i think its 89, cant remember but it advtertised the colmubia one, and when i emailed them they told me it was the one advertised so naturally i bought it, they just sent out the 1997 one - haud verum in exigo (thats as close as i could get to ''the seller lied'' in latin lol)
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Bowie's or Iggy's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowie's or Iggy's?   Bowie's or Iggy's? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 7:19 am

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
the auction ad claimed it was the columbia one, it even said ''remaster of the 1973 punk masterpiece" or something and ''original columbia 1989" i think its 89, cant remember but it advtertised the Columbia one, and when i emailed them they told me it was the one advertised so naturally i bought it, they just sent out the 1997 one - haud verum in exigo (thats as close as i could get to ''the seller lied'' in latin lol)

That blows, bro! Originally, after I purchased the remaster I immediately traded away my old version...and have regretted it ever since! I don't consider myself a hardcore audiophile, but I listen on decent equipment (Pioneer SX-1050 receiver and Polk Monitor 10A speakers). That Iggy Remaster has so much distortion that it makes it unlistenable (for me) at even moderate volume.

I can get the Bowie version to sound just as potent by just playing with the dials a bit on my amplifier!

Why would Iggy do this kinda thing?! OK, this topic has been talked to death and this post is my last on the subject for a while. And I don't have the CD yet! I am waiting for it and will let you know if I was ripped off too!
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Bowie's or Iggy's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowie's or Iggy's?   Bowie's or Iggy's? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 12:49 am

OK, I just received the CD and it is exctly what I hoped it would be! I can now listen to the album again. If anyone has the power, PLEASE keep Iggy away from the mixing boards!!!
Back to top Go down
iggy-fan
I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

Bowie's or Iggy's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowie's or Iggy's?   Bowie's or Iggy's? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 8:56 am

Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
Sponsored content

Bowie's or Iggy's? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bowie's or Iggy's?   Bowie's or Iggy's? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bowie's or Iggy's?
Page 1 of 1