Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges gig list

Go down 
+39
emmho
951Sib
ggriffin
sweet_sixteen
jneilnyc
tromster
PineappleExpress
iggy
redsock
TED
larry fine
23rd Express
Shakes
opaloka
MJG196
neven
james matlock
comaman
G, F#, E
pernil
Iguanas
Chazz Avery
zenta138
jimmyo
JW82
albeyourmirror
Angusyd van Hyman
all-vox-man
Nadja
mc
popmansam
iggy-fan
homesickjameswilliamson
sheddy
adams66
heavy liquid
the5thramone37
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Funhousehideaway#2
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
sweet_sixteen

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-05-19

gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 3:29 am

I was wondering if someone could tell me at what point the band swiched from playing with vacuum cleaners, blenders and steel drums to actual intruments, it must have been before Oct 68 when the got signed right?
Back to top Go down
Funhousehideaway#2

Funhousehideaway#2

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 4:30 am

Best guess would be Oct.-Nov. 1968. John Sinclair wrote about a transition with the band in the Fifth Estate newspaper in late Nov. 1968. It was a two sentence write up that essentially said the band had come into its own.
Back to top Go down
ggriffin

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 4:23 pm

Just realized I was two days old when the Cincinatti Rock Festival happened.

I'm picturing my very pregnant mom, living in Manhattan, two toddlers, listening to her Simon and Garfunkel records - why didn't she go to the Ungano's shows?!
Back to top Go down
951Sib

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2010-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:25 am

Sorry if my question is totally stupid, but does a list exist for the gigs since 2003?
Back to top Go down
emmho

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 1:14 pm

Does anybody know where this discussion continued?
M
Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 3:19 pm

I was in Daytone Beach on Saturday and tried to con firm that the stooges played there in 1973. Didnt have any luck, they werent park of any major tour that played there. There was mention of them opening for J Geils in Jacksonville in the Daytona paper, but no mention of them playing in Daytona. All the rock clubs advertised in the local papers so the only place they could of played would of been some really small place off the beach.
Back to top Go down
ggriffin

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 4:56 am

Another show: September 27th 1970, somewhere called "the Frut Palace"?
http://catalog.rockhall.com/catalog/ARC-0038:2:ref16#ARC-0038:2:ref16
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:12 am

Früt Palace is at Mount Clemens, Michigan
http://theconcertdatabase.com/venues/fr%C3%BCt-palace
Back to top Go down
johnnylove

johnnylove

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 4:00 pm

On april 3rd & 4th 1970 The Stooges played a place called The Warehouse in Providence, R.I. My older brother was at the april 3rd show and did record it. He's been trolling through his mountain of tapes for the past year trying to find it for me.

Last edited by johnnylove on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 10:30 pm

johnnylove wrote:
On april 3rd & 4th 1970 The Stooges played a place called The Warehouse in Providence, R.I. My older brother was at the april 3rd show and did record it. He's been trolling through his mountain of tapes for the past year trying to find it for me.

Would be very cool to hear another 1970s gig, do you know what the sound quality is like? I'm presuming they were playing Funhouse stuff by this time, however if it was stuff from the 1st album it'd be seriously interesting!!
Back to top Go down
johnnylove

johnnylove

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 8:28 am

I'm not sure of quality. I have an MC5 gig he recorded at the same venue around the same time and it's kinda crappy. Then again are there any Stooges bootlegs of decent quality? I've yet to hear one... If he finds the tape and I can ever get in to the bootleg section, I'll def post it.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 12:21 pm

johnnylove wrote:
I'm not sure of quality. I have an MC5 gig he recorded at the same venue around the same time and it's kinda crappy. Then again are there any Stooges bootlegs of decent quality? I've yet to hear one... If he finds the tape and I can ever get in to the bootleg section, I'll def post it.

As you rightly say, any Stooges is good Stooges. The Live 1971 Kiel Auditorium cd has always been one of my favourite stooges shows and the sound on that is pretty dire!

What's on the MC5 tape? Black to Comm? I Want You?
Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 4:21 pm

Does anyone have proof that either of the December 1973 shows in Tennessee really happened?
Back to top Go down
johnnylove

johnnylove

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 5:48 pm

Yeah all the standard MC5 stuff. Kick out the Jams, Back to comm, Ramblin' Rose, I want to say there is a James Brown song on there too?
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 7:05 pm

johnnylove wrote:
Yeah all the standard MC5 stuff. Kick out the Jams, Back to comm, Ramblin' Rose, I want to say there is a James Brown song on there too?

Yeah, they covered a few James Brown tunes live in 1970. Black to Comm is always epic whatever the sound quality. I could listen to a whole CD of different Black to Comm takes back to back. In fact I should make that CDr for my car.

Johnny do your very best to find you brother's Stooges recording, I'd be a shame for it to become extinct like Matt Gimmick's Birmingham 1971 recording - he had it in the late 70s but it's now lost, damn.
Back to top Go down
johnnylove

johnnylove

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 7:22 pm

Trust me my friend. I will do my best. My brother is both protective and disorganized with his tapes. He's not even sure if its on a tape by itself or maybe on a tape with some other shows. I've been on his ass for 6 months now. I keep stressing how important it is to find it. I'm dying to hear it. I'm like a rabid dog when it comes to The Stooges. Specially live stuff. Iggy licked my face once at a show in Boston back in the 80's I haven't washed my face since!! (just kidding)
Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 5:52 am

BUMP!      
Pop Stüge wrote:
Does anyone have proof that either of the December 1973 shows in Tennessee really happened?
Back to top Go down
ggriffin

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 2:14 pm

I've always been fascinated by the Warehouse show, since I live in Providence, and the site of the Warehouse remained a music venue until the early 1990s (It was where Shooters was, for those of you who know the town). Good luck nagging your brother!
http://www.rirocks.net/Search/warehouse.htm
Back to top Go down
ggriffin

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 7:29 pm

An announcement of an April 1969 show at the Grande ("psychedelic stooges") at the 33:50 mark:
https://lettheuniverseanswer.com/2019/03/29/wide-open-free-form-radio-wknr-fm-april-1969/
Back to top Go down
ggriffin

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 3:42 pm

This site now has the ad (and date) of the Providence show in 1970. http://www.rirocks.net/Band%20Articles/Stooges%201970%2004.03%20-%20Warehouse.htm
gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Stooge10
Back to top Go down
MARC83

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 8:21 pm

Here a site with a list 'complete):http://rockprosopography102.blogspot.com/2010/03/stooges-performance-list-1967-1974.html
Back to top Go down
ggriffin

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2021 4:40 pm

Hi! Wanted to be sure visitors saw this, which brings Stooges live show scholarship to a new level:

https://burningshed.com/store/sonicbond/per-nilsen_iggy-and-the-stooges-on-stage_book
Back to top Go down
ggriffin

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2023 1:18 am

Alert alert!

Per does amazing work. Some of his work on this book was, if I'm not mistaken, first shared in this thread

https://easyaction.co.uk/product/the-stooges-the-truth-is-in-the-noise-we-make-book/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   gig list|Gig - Stooges gig list - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges gig list
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5