Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges gig list

Go down 
+39
emmho
951Sib
ggriffin
sweet_sixteen
jneilnyc
tromster
PineappleExpress
iggy
redsock
TED
larry fine
23rd Express
Shakes
opaloka
MJG196
neven
james matlock
comaman
G, F#, E
pernil
Iguanas
Chazz Avery
zenta138
jimmyo
JW82
albeyourmirror
Angusyd van Hyman
all-vox-man
Nadja
mc
popmansam
iggy-fan
homesickjameswilliamson
sheddy
adams66
heavy liquid
the5thramone37
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Funhousehideaway#2
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
iggy-fan
I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

Stooges gig list - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 6:08 pm

http://goto.glocalnet.net/igged/Stooges%20Playlist.htm

Now Updated with Funhouse hideways dates. I have some more dates than the list, correct?

Also fixed links where I found pictures.
Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 12:21 am

Superb reference info Iggy-fan. I know the MC5 were taped at some of these dates: First Unitarian Church 1968, Grande Ballroom for their first album. In my dreams someone will find the masters of these and discover the Stooges 68 set at the begining of the recordings!
Back to top Go down
all-vox-man

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 2:42 am

Yeah, it would be great to add info of known tapes. TERRIFIC source of info, though. Thank you so much iggy-fan and all involved.
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
Half Alive Incubator Baby
jimmyo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 12:39 am

Quote :
26 Nov “Saginaw Pop Festival”: Auditorium, Saginaw, MI [The Stooges probably didn’t appear.]
I'm just curious about WHY the prevailing wisdom about this show is that they DIDN'T appear?

I have a couple of friends from saginaw (older guys) that swear to have seen him at the old saginaw auditorium. they specifically reference the "peanut butter" thing.

I've heard their recanting of this gig MANY times over the years. It seems hard to believe they'd make something like that up.

They claim it was the Saginaw Aud.

So, I guess I'm just wondering, why is there a prevailing wisdom the Stooges didn't appear at that Saginaw gig?
Back to top Go down
Funhousehideaway#2

Funhousehideaway#2

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 2:15 am

It might have very well happened. It's just there needs to be confirmed through an ad, a newspaper story, or old ticket stub.
The fact that it's listed speaks to the likelihood it happened.
In searching out dates confirmation is needed though and in this case none was found.
Back to top Go down
all-vox-man

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 2:19 am

jimmyo wrote:
Quote :
26 Nov “Saginaw Pop Festival”: Auditorium, Saginaw, MI [The Stooges probably didn’t appear.]
I'm just curious about WHY the prevailing wisdom about this show is that they DIDN'T appear?

I have a couple of friends from saginaw (older guys) that swear to have seen him at the old saginaw auditorium. they specifically reference the "peanut butter" thing.

I've heard their recanting of this gig MANY times over the years. It seems hard to believe they'd make something like that up.

They claim it was the Saginaw Aud.

So, I guess I'm just wondering, why is there a prevailing wisdom the Stooges didn't appear at that Saginaw gig?

Well, it says "probably", meaning that the writer has read —at least— contradictory sources. Do your friends keep something like pictures? These issues are so interesting to elucidate...
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
Half Alive Incubator Baby
jimmyo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 10:02 pm

i guess the next logical move is to go to the saginaw public library and research old newspapers, through microfiche, to see if any mention of the exact list of bands that appeared, at the gig in question, exists.
Back to top Go down
all-vox-man

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 12:41 am

all-vox-man wrote:
Yeah, it would be great to add info of known tapes.

I'm stupid, it HAS that info! Bow Down
Back to top Go down
zenta138

zenta138

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 3:54 am

I could be wrong, but I thought I read in an interview with Ron that the Stooges didn't play the Oct 30, 31 1968 Grande shows with Mc5. I know he said Wayne Kramer was on acid for the shows and he was impressed that he could pul it off.
Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 3:58 am

Found the Jacksonville show! They played Dec. 7 at the Jacksonville Coliseum. It was a J. Geils concert and iggy and the stooges were 3rd billed behind spooky tooth. This was 73. Ticket cost 6 bucks. I copied the ad, pretty fuzzy but I have it if anybody thinks they need it. I'll try to find the daytona date next . Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Funhousehideaway#2

Funhousehideaway#2

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 6:10 am

Pop mansan.
Good work.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 7:43 am

can i see the scan popmansam ? Smile it'd be cool to see....

cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
iggy-fan
I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 11:05 am

popmansam wrote:
Found the Jacksonville show! They played Dec. 7 at the Jacksonville Coliseum. It was a J. Geils concert and iggy and the stooges were 3rd billed behind spooky tooth. This was 73. Ticket cost 6 bucks. I copied the ad, pretty fuzzy but I have it if anybody thinks they need it. I'll try to find the daytona date next . Hope this helps.

Thanks! I have the concert, but not the exact date in my list. I can link the ad. By the way! i´ve cleaned up 77-86 lists with place for livetapes etc.
http://goto.glocalnet.net/igged/IGGY%20POP%20PLAY%20LIST%201977.htm
Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
Chazz Avery

Chazz Avery

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 11:55 am

Hi, I'm new to the board. I stumbled across this thread while researching some old Stooges gigs. I'm a LONG TIME Iggy/Stooges fan (since 1970). I've seen The Stooges seven times (4x in the 70s and 3x reunion shows in Detroit). I forget how many times I've seen Iggy solo (probably about 10).

Some folks here might know the name of long time Iggy fan, Monty Wickerham from Columbus, Ohio. Monty is an old friend of mine who was well known in Iggy tape-trading circles in the 80s-90s. He's credited in the"Wild One" book and in the extensive Goldmine Stooges article from a few years ago. A lot of the circulating tapes originate from him.

Anyway, the reason for this post is to add a few dates to the concert list...

The first concert I ever saw was The Stooges in 1970 at the Toledo Sports Arena in Toledo, Ohio (not on the list above). The opening acts were The Frut, The Sunday Funnies and Bob Seger. Seger was interesting because he was solo with an acoustic guitar (and occasional piano). What was unique was, when he was playing guitar, he stood on a small wooden platform with a microphone beneath it. As he tapped his foot, this provided a beat over the PA.

I noticed during Seger's set that Iggy was sitting in the seats to the right of the stage wearing the leopard jacket seen on the back of "Raw Power". When The Stooges hit the stage, Iggy came out painted all silver. It was probably the freakiest thing I had ever seen before.

I've tried for years to determine the exact date for the show but with no success. "Funhouse" had only been out a short while. All I remember is 1970 in fairly warmer weather. I'm presuming late summer or early autumn.

The sad thing is, I did take a tape recorder to the show but dumb ass me, I FORGOT THE DAMN BATTERIES!!! Hey, I was only 13 years old and I've been kicking myself in the ass ever since!!!

I also saw them twice in 1973 (not on the list above). One was at the Toledo Sports Arena (early in the year). The second was during the summer at The Ohio Theater also in Toledo. I know the second was in the summer because I remember it was a hot day. Otherwise, I remember no details except at the second show, we were seated in the second row. Iggy came into the audience while still holding the mic. We had to keep ducking out of the way of the mic chord. A friend with me who had never seen The Stooges (and knew very little about them) was sitting in the aisle seat and, although I don't remember which song it was, Iggy came up to him in the aisle next to his seat and started blabbering lyrics directly at my friend. My friend was absolutely shocked and didn't know what to expect. Quite funny. I don't remember the opening acts for either show but I think the second one was just some local band.

The fourth show I saw is on the list above. It was the Jan. 19, 1974 show in Toledo and I am the person who recorded "Search And Destroy" from that show (see more details about that in this thread). I think Slade was the opening act. Here are a couple photos from that show (not taken by me).

Stooges gig list - Page 2 Stooges1Stooges gig list - Page 2 Stooges2
Back to top Go down
http://beatlesource.com/chazz
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 1:19 pm

yeah. i have Search and destroy - from toledo 74.... maybe yours is alittle better cause its the master... maybe you can post a link ?

PS- more photos ! those are kickass... you got any more recordings that you did. or that you recieved ? Smile from early years ?

PS - which shwos did you see his at since reunion ?? i saw all 3 too. im seen him 4 times... 1 solo and 3 reunion with stooges(im only 15 almos 16)

Detroit, State Theatre 2001
Clarkston DTE, 2003
Fox Theatre 2007(i filmed the opening song "Loose" from this... i was in 4th row of the pit area down by stage)
and
Meadowbrook 2007 - i was first onstage. i have many photos from this show.

CHEERS !
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:29 pm

hey chazz - that's REALLY cool stuff! Very Happy
and to have been a fan for nearly forty years!!!!
Look forward to more of your posts!!! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 4:46 pm

Me too Chazz!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chazz Avery

Chazz Avery

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:00 pm

Nadja wrote:
hey chazz - that's REALLY cool stuff! Very Happy
and to have been a fan for nearly forty years!!!!
Look forward to more of your posts!!! cheers
Yeah, I'm glad I've stumbled onto this board. I've been an avid (rabid?) Iggy/Stooges fan since 1970. "Funhouse" is my bible. Even met Iggy twice (Cleveland 1982 and Detroit 1986). Had a lengthy conversation (10-15 minutes) with him in Cleveland.

This looks like a great board. Taking a quick peruse of the topics, it looks like I'll be posting in several of the topics. I'll do a little introduction of myself in the intro thread. I also have three different recordings of me playing "I Wanna Be Your Dog" (one with a female singer). I'll post those in the appropriate thread. I also have a very ROUGH recording of me doing "Cock In My Pocket".

Here's an Iggy autograph I got in Cleveland November 2, 1982.

Stooges gig list - Page 2 Iggyauto
Stooges gig list - Page 2 IggyautoT
Back to top Go down
http://beatlesource.com/chazz
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 10:25 pm

Good that you found this board, finally! Took me a while to find it too.
I'm really interested in the earliest days of the band, and it's great that you saw a 1970 show!
but you said you can't remember the exact date?
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 11:40 pm

Chazz. i also do covers. i play all insturments and sing, when you post one of yours. i will post one too... in whichever topic you put it in.

i have many --- Kill City, Search&Destroy, Cock in my pocket, Gimmie some skin, I Gotta Right, Dirt, No Fun, Mask, Innocent World, Wild America, Ect.

CHEERS !
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 1:29 am

Also, you should join the avatar thread, in the down on the street section.

PS - i left a message in the other topic you posted !

Great search and destroy recording !!

CHEERS !!
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 1:42 am

Thanks a lot for great list Mr. Lahde.

One question.
On California Bleeding CD (Bomb - The Iguana Chronicles) are songs labeled like Whiskey a Go-Go Sept.19th.1973. This date is not on your list.
Do you have any info about this tape?
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
Funhousehideaway#2

Funhousehideaway#2

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 8:08 am

The Sept. 19, 1973 gig that is on California Bleeding didn't make the cut because it didn't happen. There's a number of Stooges recordings out there with wrong dates. This is one of them.
I spoke with the people at the Whiskey a couple years back and our dates are right on. In short the Stooges played the Whiskey a lot in the summer to fall of 73, it was essentially their home base. Yet they didn't play it on the 19th.
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 6:47 pm

Funhousehideaway#2 wrote:
The Sept. 19, 1973 gig that is on California Bleeding didn't make the cut because it didn't happen. There's a number of Stooges recordings out there with wrong dates. This is one of them.
I spoke with the people at the Whiskey a couple years back and our dates are right on. In short the Stooges played the Whiskey a lot in the summer to fall of 73, it was essentially their home base. Yet they didn't play it on the 19th.

Thanks for info.
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:24 am

anyone know what date that is then, the 19 wiskey on the california bleeding cd?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges gig list
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next