Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges tape list

Go down 
+6
homesickjameswilliamson
Nadja
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
jimmyo
all-vox-man
Iguanas
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Iguanas

Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

Stooges tape list Empty
PostSubject: Stooges tape list   Stooges tape list Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 9:38 pm

After great topic about The Stooges gigs I wrote Iggy's tapes list 1968-1974:

http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/THE%20STOOGES%20%20IGGY%20AND%20THE%20STOOGES%201968-1974.htm#

By the way, "The Wild One" book by Per Nilsen and Dorothy Sherman is my favorite book about Iggy. I have two edition from 1988.
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
all-vox-man

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Stooges tape list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooges tape list   Stooges tape list Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 10:08 pm

Ummm, I have to select the text to see it, seems like the background doesn't load.

Great job, though. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
Half Alive Incubator Baby
jimmyo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2007-05-08

Stooges tape list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooges tape list   Stooges tape list Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 4:24 pm

Iguanas wrote:
After great topic about The Stooges gigs I wrote Iggy's tapes list 1968-1974:

http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/THE%20STOOGES%20%20IGGY%20AND%20THE%20STOOGES%201968-1974.htm#

By the way, "The Wild One" book by Per Nilsen and Dorothy Sherman is my favorite book about Iggy. I have two edition from 1988.

I've read "The Wild One", but, I must say, I find-- Iggy Pop :Open Up and Bleed-- far superior.

Btw--it's coming out in paperback on Tuesday. I'd recommend all of you to pick up a copy (if you haven't already.)

Iggy Pop: Open Up and Bleed by Paul Trynka (Paperback - April 8, 2008)
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

Stooges tape list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooges tape list   Stooges tape list Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 7:44 pm

I got the hardcover version !

its a kickasss book.

i still need the 2 books -- Complete Iggy Pop - By Richard Adams(he posts here, so maybe he knows where i can get a copy ?)

and i also need Wild One.

PS - if you havent got Neighborhood Threat -On tour with Iggy Pop- -- I Suggest you get it ! its a great book !

cheers !
Back to top Go down

Stooges tape list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooges tape list   Stooges tape list Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 8:49 pm

yeah The Complete Iggy pop
the only one I didn't read yet.
I try to find one too: maybe put a few on ebay Richard Idea

JLTS...Iguanas has 2 Wild One 's...
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Stooges tape list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooges tape list   Stooges tape list Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 9:56 pm

'The Wild One' is the one that I haven't read. wonder if it would be worthwhile?
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Stooges tape list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooges tape list   Stooges tape list Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 3:38 am

Definitly worth while Nadja, a friend gave it to me - only lent it to me unfortunately! - but yeh, dfely get it, although i wouldnt pay say over like £30 for it thought just to put it in contrast, im gunna get it as soon as i see it, i may get complete iggy pop too! i remember reading it in a library once when i was waiting on a friend to show up (so we could go see the stones of all things!!) but it was really good, and acted as richard intended it to be a 'font' of all knowledge for ig fans to quickly browse thru u'no, good book, well done!
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Stooges tape list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooges tape list   Stooges tape list Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 11:07 am

'The Complete Iggy Pop' certainly is good. Thoroughgoing musical analysis and lots of background info too
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

Stooges tape list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooges tape list   Stooges tape list Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 12:13 pm

Thanks guys.

The Complete Iggy Pop is still available on play.com and also both amazon.co.uk and amazon.com and via their associated second hand links too. And also probably via other online bookstores too.

Plug over!

Cheers,

Richard
Back to top Go down
sheddy

sheddy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Stooges tape list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooges tape list   Stooges tape list Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 6:22 pm

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:

PS - if you havent got Neighborhood Threat -On tour with Iggy Pop- -- I Suggest you get it ! its a great book !

cheers !

I used to have that. Good read...gave it away though...
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

Stooges tape list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooges tape list   Stooges tape list Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 6:40 pm

ZinZin wrote:

JLTS...Iguanas has 2 Wild One 's...

I have two Wild One's, but different versions. Photos are not same and only one book include Instinct tour info. I also have this book on Croatian language without photos.
I didn't write this is the best book. This is is favorite book because this is my first book about Iggy.
I didn't read Open Up and Bleed by Paul Trynka yet. My english is not great and I waiting Croatian version.

all-vox-man wrote:

Great job, though. Thanks!

Thanks for comment.

I expected comments about Stooges tapes, not about books. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
Nadja

Nadja

Stooges tape list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooges tape list   Stooges tape list Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 10:19 pm

yeah, it's funny how these threads get 'taken over', hehe
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Stooges tape list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooges tape list   Stooges tape list Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 10:30 pm

Nadja wrote:
yeah, it's funny how these threads get 'taken over', hehe

maybe adamski or paul t or per n know more about the correct dates of all these tapes

i think union ballroom/wamplers lake from 68 is the last gig from 71 without iggy (see paul's book)
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Stooges tape list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooges tape list   Stooges tape list Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 5:35 pm

ZinZin wrote:

Personally I read "The Complete Iggy Pop" far more than "Open Up And Bleed" as although I really enjoyed OUAB I find TCIP is just a great source of information which you can skim through and pick things out of. I highly recommend it. Very Happy

And the Union Ballroom/Wampler's Lake tape if the last show from 1971. Iggy and James didn't show up to it but some guy (he has been mentioned on this forum before) came up from the audience and did vocals. He still sounds pretty convincing though.

On the "00-00-1970 Raw Mixes" part it says:

Quote :
Bonus Tracks from Garden of Evil bootleg:
7 Driftin' From Town To Town
8 From The Inside

If these real Stooges songs does anybody here have them? And if they do could you put them on something such as Mega Upload?

I would be very grateful. thanks. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stooges tape list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooges tape list   Stooges tape list Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges tape list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Scene of the Crime. :: Reunion 2003 - 2008-
Jump to: