Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ?

Go down 
+31
PineappleExpress
pernil
tb78
raffoferraro
Nandayo
Five Star Edge
damned
manelcat
TV-Eye
comaman
rabid_fish
stooges
tromster
berlinberlin
monchoconlaso
Steve
david stooge
heavy liquid
jimmyo
sickness
nofun84
GONZIGGY
JW82
G, F#, E
J.N
Loose1969
sheddy
iggy-fan
the5thramone37
homesickjameswilliamson
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
comaman

comaman

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ?   Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 7:54 pm

NINETEENSEVENTYNINE
Back to top Go down
TV-Eye

TV-Eye

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ?   Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 8:44 pm

1977 of course because of the two best solo albums of Iggy. The Idiot and Lust for Life.
Back to top Go down
manelcat

manelcat

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ?   Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:08 pm

His tour of 1993-94 during American Caesar.
Back to top Go down
damned

damned

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ?   Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:41 am

1993 and 1999 (the year of my first iggy's gig! Smile )
Back to top Go down
http://www.search-and-destroy.it
Five Star Edge

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ?   Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:27 pm

1977 for sure. Still need to explore more of his 80s material.
Back to top Go down
Nandayo

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ?   Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 6:55 pm

1977 and 1980, great songs in that period
Back to top Go down
raffoferraro

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ?   Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:03 pm

1990 for Brick by Brick album
1996-97 for great concerts
Back to top Go down
tb78

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ?   Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 3:45 am

1977- LFL and The Idiot, of course i would include it
1979- New Values. Iggy's bess album until Blah Blah Blah
1986- BBB, despite being cheesy Iggy really stands through
1991- Brick By Brick, good album Iggy finally had a top 40 hit, even though Livin on the Edge of the Might should have been a hit too.
Back to top Go down
pernil

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ?   Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 6:45 pm

1977, no competition
1978, great band and tour
1986, comeback
1991, BBB best in a while
1979, NV not as great as TI or LFL, but still very good
Per N
Back to top Go down
PineappleExpress
Pumpin' for Jill
PineappleExpress

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ?   Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 11:45 pm

79 and 81 for me
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ?   Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 5:33 am

'77

By the way, what the fuck was he thinking doing a solo album with Sum 41 and Green Day?!? Definitely not a highpoint in his solo career, in the 90's at least.
Back to top Go down
stevo

stevo

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ?   Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 3:10 pm

1991, or 1993 for me. Saw him once at the Reading Festival in 1991, alongside Sonic Youth & Nirvana, and then on the 'American Caeser' tour at The Forum in London. I've got great memories of being right at the front at The Forum, as Iggy was swinging his guitar around & nearly smashed my mate in the head with it. After the song Iggy gave my mate a couple of guitar picks, just came up and handed them to him, with a grin on his face. My mate gave me one of the picks, which I stll have somewhere - great gig! Saw Iggy support the Sex Pistols at the Finsbury Park re-union in 1996, with my future wife, we were right at the front, but soon headed back as Sarah got too scared of Iggy as he kept trashing all his mic stands, and not giving a sh*t were the debris landed either - LOL! I've seen The Stooges' with her a couple of times now, but she insists on not being up too close.
Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ?   Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:52 am

For live show intensity: 1988 Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ?   Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:17 pm

77 and 82 for me. To see him on a stage in 77 at last after picking up on the mythology of the Stooges was a revelation. The World's Forgotten Boy! Live on stage! He was incredible. Live in 82 I thought he was different - wilder madder and badder than before - and I think Zombie Birdhouse is great, and uncompromising. 'Watching The News'!! I love the way his voice sounds so 'off' - it's twisted. Lyrically it sounds cynical and inspired. In concert he looked really way out, malevolent and deranged... in a sincere and vicious 'fuck you all' kind of way, like if he could have just destroyed us all with his music, he'd have been glad. Just the way it should be.
After that... hmmm. Fast forward to 1999 and Avenue B. 'It was in the winter of my fiftieth year... and I realised there wasn't a hell a lot of time left...' I'd given up seeing him live after 91 when he suddenly started to look mortal. In 77 he looked superhuman.
To pick one year it would be 82 for me. He probably felt bad that year, getting strung out again on the road, but it seemed like the Stoogiest he ever was as a solo act, at least as far as I could tell. Zombie Birdhouse and Avenue B are my favourites.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ?   Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite Iggy Solo Year ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2