Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

setlist/concert TW Classic 2008

Go down 
+11
Loose1969
cb
Angusyd van Hyman
Gimme some skin
Borntohula
Donald
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
TED
regufr
neven
soldier
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Gimme some skin

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2007-03-10

setlist/concert TW Classic 2008 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: setlist/concert TW Classic 2008   setlist/concert TW Classic 2008 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 12:41 pm

While anyone who knows even the slightest about making music knows The Stooges are like E=MC² In a few decades people will still be influenced by The Stooges while Sting will be just a footnote and a piece of evidence of how fucked up the music business was at this time.

And those fuckers always speaking about fucking brilliant older musicians that 'should retire already'. Fuck imagine a world with no Dylan, no Modern Times, no Stones and no Bigger Bang, both those albums shit on eveything the latest hype from England has released in the last decade. It's like saying Marlon Brando should have retired after The Wild One or Al Pacino after The Godfather. Or Hunter S Thompson after Hells Angels or Picasso after Guernica or Kubrick after Clockwork Orange or Che Guevara after Cuba, Zinedine Zidane before the 2006 World Cup, ... Heh I got carried away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: setlist/concert TW Classic 2008   setlist/concert TW Classic 2008 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 2:27 pm

love to read all this
you people gettin carried away...it's like fire
and such a knocking truth what yr saying pirat
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: setlist/concert TW Classic 2008   setlist/concert TW Classic 2008 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 4:06 pm

Such passion raging on these boards
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: setlist/concert TW Classic 2008   setlist/concert TW Classic 2008 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 4:21 pm

talking about rage and passion...
Iggy's on TW Classic..he again..almost hit Scott...hahahaha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DYRDy2YU2Y&feature=related
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: setlist/concert TW Classic 2008   setlist/concert TW Classic 2008 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 1:22 am

finally found search and destroy on video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkCI5JlAOSc

Scotty's havin a fun time!!

enjoy!

wow i'm curious how Isle of wright was this night!!
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: setlist/concert TW Classic 2008   setlist/concert TW Classic 2008 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 2:43 am

Haahaa great tongue action from Scotty
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: setlist/concert TW Classic 2008   setlist/concert TW Classic 2008 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:35 pm

It's great to see The Stooges have so much fun playing a song they didn't even want to play that much. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gimme some skin

PostSubject: Re: setlist/concert TW Classic 2008   setlist/concert TW Classic 2008 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 7:47 pm

I got Humo magazine this week, which is fairly big in Flanders. It sometimes has reviews of tv programmes. They reviewed that tv report I got angry about, about the Stooges at TW Classic: 'Usually they send some kind of civil servant on these things who's pissed off because it blows his free weekend. First question was 'Isn't he ugly?' This question filled me with rage after about half a second. 'He's the personification of rock and roll', a fan replied. I felt a lot of sympathy for this noble stranger. I wonder what the civil servant will look like at sixty. Very retired most likely.'

pirat
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
Half Alive Incubator Baby
jimmyo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: setlist/concert TW Classic 2008   setlist/concert TW Classic 2008 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:58 am

i find it hard to believe anyone would give ANY credence, whatsoever, to these so-called "reviews".

i mean, really, who gives 2 fucks about what some pathetic, wannabe-journalist, european shithead faggot writes about the stooges?

there is much uninformed journalistic incompetence in the world. sadly, at this time, some of it is mis-guidedly aimed at the stooges.
Back to top Go down
Gimme some skin

PostSubject: Re: setlist/concert TW Classic 2008   setlist/concert TW Classic 2008 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:14 am

For startes I am a student in journalism. Second it was no review it was a tv report on national television. In a report the reporter has the chance to choose the angle from which he approaches the subject but he cannot add or should add as little as possible of his own opinion on the subject. If you want opinionated you are in the critics sector which is a different thing. Also, take a review in a newspaper, newspapers lean closely to a certain ideology or a group of people which indeed makes it so that you can usually guess their opinion on some subjects. Take a review in a magazine, magazines are very much targetted towards a certain audience which makes it even easier. A report on national tv however is supposed to be for everyone, clear and unbiased. Also mind you I was talking about a tv-report not some gay ass teen magazine who were freaked out by the unrobbiewilliamsness of the gig or whatever. The magazine of which I talked in the previous post however reaches a fairly large amount of people and I found it good to see that the journalist who reviewed the tv-report felt the same way I did.
Back to top Go down
Gimme some skin

PostSubject: Re: setlist/concert TW Classic 2008   setlist/concert TW Classic 2008 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:18 am

I guess what upsets me about it most is that, mind you Flanders is a region of only 6 million people, this particular programma called 'The News', on which the report appeared, reaches approx 3 million people, 3 million people of which some of them are non-believers, or people who've never even heard of 'these Stooges', who now have all the more reason to just assume 'Hah, some old geezer is doing his tricks and the retired folks like it.' Whereas I feel they should've spoken probably about how energetic the gig was, how elevating the music is and what a big influence the music has been on later musicians. Which would be the unbiased truth. Instead of 'gee int he ugly?'
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
Half Alive Incubator Baby
jimmyo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: setlist/concert TW Classic 2008   setlist/concert TW Classic 2008 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:23 am

Gimme some skin wrote:
For startes I am a student in journalism. Second it was no review it was a tv report on national television. In a report the reporter has the chance to choose the angle from which he approaches the subject but he cannot add or should add as little as possible of his own opinion on the subject. If you want opinionated you are in the critics sector which is a different thing. Also, take a review in a newspaper, newspapers lean closely to a certain ideology or a group of people which indeed makes it so that you can usually guess their opinion on some subjects. Take a review in a magazine, magazines are very much targetted towards a certain audience which makes it even easier. A report on national tv however is supposed to be for everyone, clear and unbiased. Also mind you I was talking about a tv-report not some gay ass teen magazine who were freaked out by the unrobbiewilliamsness of the gig or whatever. The magazine of which I talked in the previous post however reaches a fairly large amount of people and I found it good to see that the journalist who reviewed the tv-report felt the same way I did.
well said
Back to top Go down
Gimme some skin

PostSubject: Re: setlist/concert TW Classic 2008   setlist/concert TW Classic 2008 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 2:21 am

Tongue
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: setlist/concert TW Classic 2008   setlist/concert TW Classic 2008 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:53 am

Gimme some skin wrote:
Also mind you I was talking about a tv-report not some gay ass teen magazine who were freaked out by the unrobbiewilliamsness of the gig or whatever.

Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: setlist/concert TW Classic 2008   setlist/concert TW Classic 2008 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:06 pm

I met these Belgium socalled 'Iggy fans' in the pit..they even didn't KNEW The Stooges....also the new younger people..if the media writing only about Iggy..The Stooges will never get the credit's they earn.

yeah well said GSS!
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: setlist/concert TW Classic 2008   setlist/concert TW Classic 2008 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:11 pm

gimmesomeskin, the UK press isn't much better. That link to the Telegraph review on the 'isle of wight' thread - that review gives the impression that The Stooges don't even exist. Alright so the Telegraph is not exactly a radical music mag but you should at least give the basic facts. In fact I'm amazed that even the music mags over here manage to introduce them as 'Iggy and The Stooges'. That's about as far as most of them get though.
Back to top Go down
Gimme some skin

PostSubject: Re: setlist/concert TW Classic 2008   setlist/concert TW Classic 2008 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 6:22 pm

I hear ya, we must fight against this injustice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: setlist/concert TW Classic 2008   setlist/concert TW Classic 2008 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 6:27 pm

Gimme some skin wrote:
I hear ya, we must fight against this injustice.
well...how?can't you get yourself very quick...to be a new star reporter on festivals...whole over the world? alien
how did i say that rabbit No
Back to top Go down
Gimme some skin

PostSubject: Re: setlist/concert TW Classic 2008   setlist/concert TW Classic 2008 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 7:17 pm

I'm in the written press Crying or Very sad

I don't know, just let them know what we think of it or something, heh. Striving for higher standards is never wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: setlist/concert TW Classic 2008   setlist/concert TW Classic 2008 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

setlist/concert TW Classic 2008
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3