Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl?

Go down 
+5
homesickjameswilliamson
Luzern
modernlover
neven
steelglam
9 posters
AuthorMessage
steelglam

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-09

"Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl? Empty
PostSubject: "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl?   "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 8:50 pm

No matter who I ask and how much I search, I cannot seem to figure out if the "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" has been released on vinyl. I have the original version on vinyl (the "Bowie mix") and the remastered + Iggy mixed version (from 1997) on CD. But I'd like the latter -- the "Iggy mix" on vinyl as well. Is it available? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl?   "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 10:50 pm

yes it's available on 2 pressings sony/columbia pressed in holland and on simply vinyl pressed in the u.k.
Back to top Go down
steelglam

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl?   "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 11:50 pm

neven wrote:
yes it's available on 2 pressings sony/columbia pressed in holland and on simply vinyl pressed in the u.k.

Wow, that's awesome. Thanks so much! It gets confusing sometimes because some of the descriptions used by various online vendors are not clear.
Back to top Go down
modernlover

modernlover

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl?   "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Can someone please verify this? I've just seen someone catagorically stating on some other board that the Simply Vinyl version is the Bowie mix.

As for the CBS Iggy mix vinyl, can someone give me some identifiers so I know how to spot the right one?

Just in case anyone reading this is itching for more RP fun, have a listen (i.e. download illegally) the This Life Aquatic soundtrack for a diff mastering job on Iggy's mix of Search and Destroy, that sounds MUCH less muddy.
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl?   "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:09 pm

In 2005 I bought a "Raw Power" vinyl reissue on Columbia PC 32111. Matrix numbers AL-32111-G2G and BL-32111-G2F. It is the "Bowie mix". I do not know if the "Iggy mix" is available on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl?   "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:47 pm

i didnt know the life aquatic one was different, thanks for the info modernlover!

first thing im doing if i ever get an LP player is get raw power bowie and the weirdness!
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl?   "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:13 am

Both of those kick ass on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
modernlover

modernlover

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl?   "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:12 am

I'll second that recommendation of The Weirdness on vinyl - it sounds punchy as hell, and you get O Solo Mio. I've no idea how it sounds on CD.

Bowie Raw Power on vinyl always brings to mind a go-cart flying down a hill with a loose wheel; It gives me a giddy excited feeling with all the wayward levels it's exciting, but I never get through it without the urge to smash it.
Back to top Go down
seventeen

seventeen

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl?   "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:16 pm

The Iggy mix is not on vinyl as far as I know, and I own most recent pressings reissues.
Back to top Go down
http://www.seventeenrecords.com
neven

PostSubject: Re: "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl?   "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:50 pm

iggy's raw power mix on lp came out some time after the cd.
columbia 65586 pressed in holland,the sleeve is a normal raw power sleeve,so on the sleeve it does NOT say produced by iggy and bruce dickenson.that's why no one knows about this,you gotta listen this lp to know that this is the iggy remix.by the way the lp is just as distorted as the cd.
later simply vinyl issued raw power with the sleeve that says produced by iggy and bruce dickinson,however i have seen but not heard this one.

end of topic?
Back to top Go down
seventeen

seventeen

PostSubject: Re: "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl?   "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:23 am

Is this a boot ? I mean officially.
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl?   "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 6:53 am

neven wrote:
iggy's raw power mix on lp came out some time after the cd.
columbia 65586 pressed in holland,the sleeve is a normal raw power sleeve,so on the sleeve it does NOT say produced by iggy and bruce dickenson.that's why no one knows about this,you gotta listen this lp to know that this is the iggy remix.by the way the lp is just as distorted as the cd.
later simply vinyl issued raw power with the sleeve that says produced by iggy and bruce dickinson,however i have seen but not heard this one.

end of topic?

I believe I saw that too back in '97.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
neven

PostSubject: Re: "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl?   "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:08 pm

seventeen wrote:
Is this a boot ? I mean officially.

no it's official!
Back to top Go down
jpstooges

jpstooges

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl?   "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:24 pm

As far as I know, 2 different vinyl versions of RP remix exist:

- Stickered sleeve with red label (looking like an early 80's reissue):
"Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl? 27410_Raw_Power_Iggy_Remix_1

- Simply vinyl version (with orange label similar to original UK LP):
"Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl? 99075_Raw_Power_Iggy_Remix_2

I own both, so I'm 100% sure these are Iggy remix.
Back to top Go down
seventeen

seventeen

PostSubject: Re: "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl?   "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:59 am

thank you for the info, I"ll check them out, after sorting out which versions I own !
Back to top Go down
andrius

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl?   "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:45 am

If anyone would like a mint copy of Iggy's mix vinyl, I think this one shuold be it:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250742813882&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It has "Sony Music Entertainment"...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl?   "Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Iggy mix" of "Raw Power" on vinyl?
Page 1 of 1