Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bending over backwards

Go down 
+2
G, F#, E
sweet_sixteen
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sweet_sixteen

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Bending over backwards Empty
PostSubject: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:33 pm

Just a quick question, does anyone know when Iggy stopped bending over backwards during his live performances? I've seen him do it in a bunch of 1977 era shows but not so much after that, did his flexibility start to go as he aged or what?
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:12 am

He is double jointed and he said in an interveiw that he can't do it anymore, I would love to be able to do it though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 4:05 am

He has a backproblem that makes him not do it anymore, he also wears special made shoes, the one shoe has a thicker sole...

I can do a little backbend, and my friends just laugh when I do it, 'cause they things it's crazy! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:49 am

If you'r a little bit agile than it's not that difficult..after a few streches...I can do it too, but if you bend back a few times in the wrong way you can injure yrself a lot...with iggy his wild acting he probably injured himself severely in those days.
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 3:16 pm

But you are a girl arn't you?... I'm not meaning to be rude, if you're not, but I seem to remmember so... Well the point is females are much more capable than males to this stuff, because their bodies are naturally softer!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 6:18 pm

ah yeah...guess yr right WFB..but i know a few guy's who can do it...so....give it a try tongue
i think on some heavy shit? everybody can do it...hahahaha
but after that..it's prob. over/and out.

Iggy is not that flexible anymore. During some shots on video's i actually saw he can bend his back still pretty far for a guy of his age..
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 7:21 pm

Yeah I just tried, I can get down to the backs of my knees but no further. I'll be practsing Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 7:32 pm

hejhej..wow GFE!! so when you heat up the room to 35 degrees (yes)...in the evening..stretch a bit more few times...let the shit come in (hasj will do) than there you 'll go...jihaaaa...hahahaha..sure you'll touch the ground..you can use the wall with the hands to go down more geek
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 9:47 pm

I try it when I'm drunk on a beach then I don't bash my head too much when I fall down Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 10:25 pm

mc wrote:
I try it when I'm drunk on a beach then I don't bash my head too much when I fall down Smile
yeahyeah that's a good idea..hahahaha
Back to top Go down
sweet_sixteen

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 12:46 am

I'm glad everyone is having a good discussion about their personnal flexibility but my original question actually regarded when Iggy himself stopped performing this stunt for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 12:49 am

think you got that; we prob. have no clue sweet16...
it's a fun topic pirat

ok than..back to the base:
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 2:09 am

sweet_sixteen wrote:
I'm glad everyone is having a good discussion about their personnal flexibility but my original question actually regarded when Iggy himself stopped performing this stunt for whatever reason.

the last time photographed would probly be 72 La Scala gig in London i think (one of my favuorite shots of iggy, and sits nicely as a huge poaster on my wall!)

after which he probly stopped doin it, he took up ballet and other sorts of dancing around the time of new values (hence the cover) so he may have wanted to start doin those kinds of moves by the effect of time on hisbody probly stopped him
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 3:03 am

sweet_sixteen wrote:

I answered you question in the second answer...

He has a backproblem that makes him not do it anymore, he also wears special made shoes, the one shoe has a thicker sole... He stopped around 1978 I think... I'll check it if I remmember where the hell i read it!
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 3:24 pm

I've got a few photos of him back bending at Max's 73.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 4:04 pm

ooh, post them, are they full backbends or are they the kind he did 73 -78 (as in the one worlds forgotten boy has as his avatar)?

post them anyway mc
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 4:29 pm

I think Worlds Forgotten Boy's pic comes from 1977 doesn't it? Iggy has the greased down black hair, white make up and horse's tail that he sported for some of the autumn 1977 gigs.
So he was still very flexible then.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 5:14 pm

Yeah it's from 1977 as far as I know... I really liked the horse tail... Wonder were it did go! Smile
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 6:25 pm

yeh he started to do that horsetail thing in 77, musta been out of his head, i cant remember why he did it, but i remember reading somehwere why, made him feel as tho he had a tail and he'd always wanted one, or something like that lol
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 6:51 pm

I'd say he stopped doing it in 1978, I haven't seen any photos of him doing it post 1977. Wink
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 8:06 pm

Backbends at Max's -

Bending over backwards Iggy_b14

Last edited by mc on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 8:09 pm

ah thanks mc, so he still did it in the early 70s with the stooges!

tho not as fullon as like 69/70 period or even la scala

thanks for the photos!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 8:43 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
I'd say he stopped doing it in 1978, I haven't seen any photos of him doing it post 1977. Wink

I was wrong! Whack I have a photo of him backbending in 1978.
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 4:53 pm

New Info folks... On the a festival in Finland in 1987 he does a backbend! Smile First time i've seen it since 1980!! Smile
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 6:46 pm

any photos of it WFB?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bending over backwards   Bending over backwards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bending over backwards
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Gimme Danger.-
Jump to: