Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iggy Pop - Facade music video

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kingwayne

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Iggy Pop - Facade music video Empty
PostSubject: Iggy Pop - Facade music video   Iggy Pop - Facade music video Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 11:05 pm

Hello!

Here is a music video for the song Facade (from the Avenue B album) that I have put together. I used some 1998 footage from the recording of the album, which I found on dimeadozen.org one or two years ago. This is one of my favourite Iggy Pop songs. Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAC3lUZMn5M
Back to top Go down
http://www.brunok.se
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - Facade music video   Iggy Pop - Facade music video Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 11:37 pm

Great Song. I also have that avenue B in studio footage... its pretty cool..

Are you a fan of the whole Avenue B Album ? ... I am..

Cheers !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - Facade music video   Iggy Pop - Facade music video Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 1:50 am

Great work Kingwayne!!
I hardly recognized Iggy...start to appreciate that album more and more.
Iggy made these peculiar songs in that period, like nazi girlfriend..I like that one! forgot that there must be loads of other songs i never heard of probably..Thanks a lot.. that you posted this!
Back to top Go down
kingwayne

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - Facade music video   Iggy Pop - Facade music video Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 11:21 am

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES: I like some of the songs from the Avenue B recordings very much. One favourite is "Rock Star Grave". Anyone else have this song? Otherwise, I think I should upload it. I know it's an official release though (appeared on the Corruption CD-single), so perhaps I'm not allowed to provide a link here. But I take it most of you have it already.

Anyway, "Rock Star Grave" is great, and also the Johnny Depp collaboration "Hollywood Affair" (another Corruption B-side). I don't like "Nazi Girlfriend" much, actually. Thanks for your comments, by the way, ZinZin. I generally prefer the more rocking songs on Avenue B, but the title track is very good. I wonder what Whitey Kirst is doing these days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brunok.se

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - Facade music video   Iggy Pop - Facade music video Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 6:20 pm

oyeah do upload it Kingway if that's possible!!

Was 'I Felt The Luxury' made for that album or was it made earlier? it's a smashin great song to my opinion..has a punkish thing in it...can't say what it specifically is though....it's like it doesn't fit into the Avenue B album.

Total other thing; listening to the lyrics on that album..i frequently had the idea that Iggy already had met Nina.....I don't know but she must've been in his subconsciousness already...hahahaha...same when i see that regea-ish video 'In The Death Car' with iggy sittin at home with that big dark doll; type Nina..they couldn't even met! cuz the video was made somewhere in '92..funny!!!...have a look yrself..sorry don't wanna crapp up yr thread K. Embarassed : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG2Vj86B2hg&feature=related

Last edited by ZinZin on Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - Facade music video   Iggy Pop - Facade music video Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 1:45 am

I have both B Sides Smile there's very good. also check out Marry Me Girl. its also a b side. very great song.

I talk to Whitey often ! He's the coolest ! He has his own band. they opened for the stooges At the wiltern in LA, April of last year.

Cheers !
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - Facade music video   Iggy Pop - Facade music video Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 2:16 am

bought the corruption EP earlier today after hearing you talk about it, got it for £2.50 new on amazon

what is Marry Me Girl on JLTS?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - Facade music video   Iggy Pop - Facade music video Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iggy Pop - Facade music video
Page 1 of 1