Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The songs from the vinyl.

Go down 
+8
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
stdtheband
Gimme some skin
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
heavy liquid
Erik
seventeen
Borntohula
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

The songs from the vinyl. Empty
PostSubject: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 2:06 pm

I found them last night, should I upload them and let them out for the grabs?
They are not the best transfer from vinyl to CD ever but they still work as a good listening. Sounds of leather sounds like a classy Turbonegro song Smile

So whats the word? Should I get them up on yousendit or someother site. 4 256kbit Stooges tracks that not many people have heard.
Back to top Go down
seventeen

seventeen

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 2:30 pm

I just ripped the vinyl to the computer. The sound is great, those tracks, apart from the cover, should have been on the CD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.seventeenrecords.com
Erik

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-04-11

PostSubject: I'd love to hear them!   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 4:10 pm

Hi, both of you! - Borntohula and seventeen! I would really really like to hear these tracks. Why aren't they available in digital form, on CD or as MP3s? I'd definitley buy them, but I can't find them anywhere, and I don't own a vinyl player.

I have heard other people praise these tracks as well, and apparently everyone thinks they should have been on the album. Please please please let me get what I want (to quote Morrissey)!
Back to top Go down
seventeen

seventeen

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 4:27 pm

You can download I wanna be your man on itunes.

As for the rest, I can't put tracks out there for obvious reasons (I'm a record label, and I know the band), but I'm sure someone else will oblige sooner than later Wink
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 4:29 pm

What is this recording called?!?!

And yes, you should upload them. cyclops

Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 5:30 pm

Its the 4 Bonus tracks from vinyl version of weirdness, i have them too, Sounds of leather's the best stooges song on the weirdness
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 5:48 pm

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
Its the 4 Bonus tracks from vinyl version of weirdness, i have them too, Sounds of leather's the best stooges song on the weirdness

Ahhh, okay. Thanks.

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 7:00 pm

Hevey läckuid and Eräk: I'll get to it tonight sometime. I'm gonna do some stuff, watch an Akira Kurosawa samurai flick and then watch Heroes. Then I'll do -the thing.
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 12:36 am

And here are the songs, for you to take. http://ultrashare.net/hosting/fl/764aa8ee3a

You're now all welcome to thank me. Rise a statue, bake me a cake... Anything goes Wink
Back to top Go down
Gimme some skin

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 12:48 am

Borntohula you're a saint.
Back to top Go down
seventeen

seventeen

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 12:57 am

Cool ! However, I need to point out, your turntable must run about 5% too fast ! O solo mio loose about 10 seconds ! Mine runs about 2% too fast, and it's a manual Nad. What's yours ?
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 7:09 am

This won't play on my computer. Sad

Anyone have suggestions on how to fix it?!?! Unsure

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-04-11

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 12:22 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am downloading as I type. Thanks! I'm also going to send you a Private Message, Borntohula, to find out if you're from Sweden, like myself.
Back to top Go down
Gimme some skin

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 7:27 pm

heavy liquid wrote:

How come, what does it say?
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 9:08 am

Gimme some skin wrote:
heavy liquid wrote:

How come, what does it say?

Nevermind it works now. Smile

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 1:19 am

This was huge. Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stereo-Transmitted-Disease/8547504
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 2:58 pm

seventeen wrote:
Cool ! However, I need to point out, your turntable must run about 5% too fast ! O solo mio loose about 10 seconds ! Mine runs about 2% too fast, and it's a manual Nad. What's yours ?

Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
seventeen

seventeen

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 3:24 pm

Yeah, just read the actual timing on the song on the label, then figure how long the version on mp3 is : runs too fast !
Back to top Go down
ulsteri

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 9:00 pm

awesome, thanks a fucking lot cheers
Back to top Go down
dtklamf

dtklamf

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 2:48 pm

I'd just like to point out that record companies are notorious for putting wrong timings on vinyl & CDs.

Can you really tell the difference? If you just listen to them. I can't.
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 4:58 pm

dtklamf: Do you got any idea why the sound is so weird on the copies of the songs I posted?
I listened to the vinyl while being in amsterdam, and the sound was more -clean. so to say.
Back to top Go down
dtklamf

dtklamf

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 10:19 pm

Hi Borntohula,
Sorry i didn't hear the songs you posted. I downloaded them from the 'Bruunski Beats' links which doesn't sound to bad for mp3s. But the vinyl version of the whole album sounds so much better than the CD version. A lot cleaner with more detail.
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 8:54 pm

It was from the guy behind Bruunski beats I got the songs hehe. But sure, I remember that the songs on the vinyl had more "sound" to them.
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 1:29 pm

I hear to much sweet talk about the vinyl. Anyone who care to rip it and put it out in a rar or zipfile?
I got a vinylplayer, but I only got Sgt peppers, Bold as love and Funhouse on vinyl. I prefer using my cdplayer.

It would be a great deal of happiness comming from my side if someone did.
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 4:56 pm

Yeah, that would be really great. As I don't have a vinyl player anymore, (I suspect a lot of folks don't) a copy of the vinyl mix would be very welcome, especially if it really is much superior to the cd version. I can't see that this would be depriving the Stooges of any revenue as we've all bought the cd anyway.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The songs from the vinyl.   The songs from the vinyl. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The songs from the vinyl.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: