Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The next Stooges album

Go down 
+9
eusebioneto
sheddy
JW82
Gimme some skin
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
stdtheband
seventeen
Erik
Borntohula
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

The next Stooges album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 8:53 pm

eusebioneto wrote:
They should call Don Gallucci to be the producer!!!

That would be a BRILLIANT call!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 9:45 pm

Yeh Gallucci would be cool, think they'd allow him in? Does he still produce albums?

Yeh ron's a great interviewee, always an entertaining read/listen

I hope the next albums good, i dont want them turning into a stones band, amean the stones are great and the recent albums - despite what ppl say - are great, but they do them to tour, they arent done the same way as they used to like well... 30 years ago, lol, but they used to produce albums like beggars banquet etc as well art u'no like most artists and then tour to promote it, btu they make so much money on the other side - the tour - that an album seems just to be a formality wtih which to tour, and because the stooges have such a strong live act i hope that doesnt become the focus as it has with the stones

still cant wait tho, hope they get a better producer, ano albini didnt have alot to do with the sound, ive read it was mostly the ''three blind mice'' as it reads in the sleeve, but i do believe a producer has a lot to do with how an album/band sounds and i think they need someone in tune with their past triumphs and core sound/band dynamics, but more importantly their potential, theyve still got that youthful attitude, it wont leave them, after watchin that detroit documentary on BBC couple week ago i believe its a Detroit thing, i hope it shines through on the next go

HJW
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:00 pm

homesickjameswilliamson: As I see it there are three things needed for the next one to be ace.
The bleeding and warm sounds and jamming from Stooges and The funhouse.
Not a single word about money.
At least one mystical song. Like We will fall, Ann and LA Blues. I'd give a lot to hear Mindroom on the next one(would be cool if the album was named after the song to!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:13 pm

Borntohula wrote:
homesickjameswilliamson: As I see it there are three things needed for the next one to be ace.
The bleeding and warm sounds and jamming from Stooges and The funhouse.
Not a single word about money.
At least one mystical song. Like We will fall, Ann and LA Blues. I'd give a lot to hear Mindroom on the next one(would be cool if the album was named after the song to!)

good suggestions Borntuhula!
sounds like more jazzrock stuff

I would add:
heavy BASS and DRUMM solo's
and some harsh screamin whisperin talkin stuff from Iggy like in Penetration
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:04 pm

yeh, well i think the band, as far as the musicians can get it out again, btu im not so sure about iggy, maybe its just the nearing the end of a tour, btu whenever i hear iggys recent vocals they dont sound as good as usual, nor even as good as 2007/2006's esp, and when he sang ray of light at the HOF, personally i was embarassed, thank god they did burning up first just to show the audience/viewers how good they are, but ray of light really let them down, it was pretty embarassing, the vocals on that were atrocious when you compare them to iggys standard, cos he (used to?) be a great singer, and ive heard that fat boy slim track he did "He's Frank" and the vocals were good on that, i dunno, im just concerned that iggy mightent be able to sing for much longer

which brings up another thing ive been thinking about recently (as im going to see them in a couple months), how long can iggy go? his act is far more intense and demands more effort from him personally and from his body than say jagger (even tho he jumps around alot) and the other ''old guys'' dylan (stands at the keyboard cos guitars have gotten to heavy for him! -arthritis n all) neil young only does sparse gigs (though he did have an aneurism) um i cant think of any other boldbands still touring, atm, oh em johansen stands still at the mic, which isnt too taxing either

but i just wonder how long iggy can still run around, jump, dance, throw himself into the crowd, (slip on mud - glastonbury - looked like a bad fall) he's an old guy, i dunno how long b4 he weighs it up and decides to pack it in, maybe he'll get back into a solo groove and do a crooner album - as cringe worthy and interesting as that may be - i dunno, just a concern, ive been thinkin about it cos ive seen some dylan stuff live on the recent tour and its pretty bad, as in if it wasnt dylan he would be booed off the stage probably, well i dunno, he seems to have good nights and bad nights, i dunno, u just wonder how long ig can go, plus as much as i love the fact that the freakin stooges got back together (and older fans may appreciate that more as it mustve seemed like the least likely thing to happen ever) but i as a younger fan would love to see a solo iggy gig, like lust for life, passenger, american caesur, zombie birdhouse whatever anyhting would be appreciated, its all brilliant, i would love anything, esp if he had a good band behind him, i didnt like whitey kirst, well he was good sometimes, even iggy called the band (just b4 the stooges comback around the beatemup time) like idiots effectively, like numbskulls or something, it was in that rio interview i posted, he said he tried to make like the stupidest album he could (beatemup) with the stupidest band i think, dunno, anyway thats a bit of a ramble, sorry for digressing, but in short i'd love to see a solo iggy gig with a good band

thanks,
Ramblin' HJW
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:08 pm

It's definitely time for something that harks back to the Fun House era-with maybe a light touch of Raw Power thrown in for good measure. I like the "Penetration" idea- Iggy half-snarling, half- whispering the lyrics over an awesome Ron/Scott GROOVE. Something that sounds downright evil, nasty and seductive. Yeah baby....
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:28 pm

I dunno, i'd love the same, but i dont think they can do, not because they cant recall the same 'demons' / 'inspirations' as 30 years ago, because i believe they can, but because theyre different ppl, theyre older, to me the weirdness seemed well not only a good album (i love it) but also an appropriate album, ig recorded funhouse when he was a young guy (im singleing out iggy for the lyrics, i believe ron has only got better with guitar ability/riffs/etc) but he came up with lyrics mostly about sex (loose) and having fun (1970) and insecurity and feeling ostracized (dirt) because thats how a young guy feels, thats what they think about, at an older age, that they all are at, they think about money (ATM) and an artist at that age wonders how they stayed in the business and how the survived and thinkin about their life and futurity etc u'no and ppl seem to need to have at least one song on an album about the war and the american govt, and im sure its a concern for conscious americans the state of their govt u'no, but artists can only describe how they feel and what they see, and i think iggy did that, and i dunno i liked the weirdness, i would put it up there with the best of his own work and it sits nicely beside the stooges, funhouse, raw power (73/97) on my shelf

plus every single albums iggys done solo and stooges is completely different to the one before it and the one after it, there isnt one with a 'similar' sound, i think thats an amazing ability, a lot of ppl keep the same sound throughout their careers despite changing the musical style, like the stones and dylan, lke you hear a stones song u know its a stones song u'no, and the only reason dylan confuses ppl is his ability to change his voice, but his musical style remains dylan, anyway i think the next album, personally i dont mind if it sounds like funhouse, i'd rather the band pushed forward with the sound and make another album with a different sound to b4 u'no
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:31 pm

I love The Weirdness, musically speaking. To me the best thing about the album was the way the Ashetons locked in such a fucking GROOVE all the way through. And Iggy was hilarious in spots. I just thought the sound could have "breathed" more, like the Stooges' stuff on Skull Ring. But I have no complaints about the tunes or the playing whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:40 pm

Yeh ano what you mean, about it not breathing, altho i dont think the skull ring stuff sounded that hot when i first heard it, little electric chair is brilliant, dead rock stars ok, loser isnt great and sounds like dead rock star, and i never appreciate skull ring until i heard it on telluric chaos, its way better live u'no
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:45 pm

yeah, The Weirdness certainly grew on me. At first quite a few of the lyrics pissed me off, but then I came to appreciate them more too. They really only hit rock-bottom on 'Free and Freaky'.
The Ashetons - never less than awesome of course. But the whole sound is kind of dry.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:52 pm

Nadja wrote:
yeah, The Weirdness certainly grew on me. At first quite a few of the lyrics pissed me off, but then I came to appreciate them more too. They really only hit rock-bottom on 'Free and Freaky'.
The Ashetons - never less than awesome of course. But the whole sound is kind of dry.

Dry is exactly the right term.

If it had been recorded properly I think it may have been much better received by everyone. I still think it's great though.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:53 pm

yeh i agree, i think free and freaky was good in some places, maybe nothin with that much longevity - i blame brendan benson, he probably had nothin to do with it except backing vocals, but i dont like him, so he gets the blame, lol, but i dunno its an alrite song and a brilliant album, well the 16 track one is an amazing album, the 12 track ones a brilliant album, not as good, missing some of the greatest stooges songs ever however still a brilliant album, with some brilliant iggy songs (trollin) and some brilliant stooges songs (idea of fun)
Back to top Go down
eusebioneto

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:58 pm

Fuck if Don don't produce more albums, he did the work on Funhouse, that's all it takes.

Sorry for the poor english.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:17 am

what else HAS he produced?
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:26 am

Nadja wrote:
what else HAS he produced?

The 60's band The Kingsmen, who did "Louie Louie", and the house band "Little Donnie & The Goodtimes", for the US TV show "Where The Action Is", also in the mid-60's.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:29 am

Did he produce Louie, Louie, i thought he just played drums on it? i remember reading thats why iggy thought he'd be good, he felt a kinship with him, u'no playing drums on one of his favourite tracks
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:37 am

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
Did he produce Louie, Louie, i thought he just played drums on it? i remember reading thats why iggy thought he'd be good, he felt a kinship with him, u'no playing drums on one of his favourite tracks

Actually Don played keyboards on that, not drums. And I'm pretty sure he produced it as well.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:46 am

Oh rite, thanks for the info, always knew it was something like that, Louie, Louies such a kickass song, mojo magazine did a compilation of like ''stooges influences'' compiled by iggy and louie louie wasnt on there i was surprised

for those who didnt/cant get it, the tracklist is

the trashmen - surfin bird
little richard - tutti frutti
jerry lee lewis - breathless
eddie cochran - cotton picker
fabulous wailers - tall cool one
dennis coffer - scorpio
link wray - rumble
howlin wolf - moaning at midnight
junior kimbrough - crawling king snake
john lee hooker - drug store woman
bo diddley - say man
frank zappa - help, im a rock
last poets - run nigger
cannibal & the headhunters - land of 1000 dances
MC5 - thunder express

The next Stooges album - Page 2 806893
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The next Stooges album   The next Stooges album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The next Stooges album
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2