Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?

Go down 
+7
G, F#, E
homesickjameswilliamson
Nadja
zeke
JW82
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Borntohula
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:21 pm

I don't put Iggy down, I know how much he's contributed, and not just in terms of lyrics. Also I appreciate his 30 yr solo career - I know how much he's put into that. But how is he 'underrated' when he's always had the most recognition of all the band members? And before you think the worst I agree he certainly deserves the recognition, and probably more
or I suppose you do just mean because most people don't appreciate that he brings more to the band than 'just' lyrics and his stage performances.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:26 pm

i dont think that, i think maybe because he has received most of the attention that people feel they have to give more attention to ron and scotty in particular, but also dave, and to a lesser extent james and even less mike

i dunno, just think that ppl - ironically for an iggy pop/stooges forum - dont talk abotu him more or something, i dunno could just be my bias glasses, as ive said iggy is "my favourite stooge", nothin against ron, as i love him, scott, dave, james n all, but iggy's my main guy, cause i love his solo stuff as much as i love the stooges stuff, couldnt choose between them, actually that makes a lot of sense, cause i was guna say that i thought ppl were blamin iggy too much for the change, but G, said he sees it as ron being blamed more

dunno guess its just in the way oyu read things!

[1500]

Last edited by homesickjameswilliamson on Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:27 pm

I love Iggy hes the best frontman there will ever be. BUT he is the only member of The Stooges most people think of. It will be different here as his is a Stooges forum but Iggy is the focal point - with what he does on stage he deserves to be too. Iggy took credit for everything for so long and blamed the stuff people critisized on Ron in The Stooges. This was during his solo career when hes been in The Stooges hes defended them brilliantly.

And HJW you have gotten one thing very, VERY wrong. Ron is certainly not Nadja's favourite Stooge I think we all know who that is...Laughing
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:28 pm

Quote :
And HJW you have gotten one thing very, VERY wrong. Ron is certainly not Nadja's favourite Stooge I think we all know who that is...Laughing

i meant in terms of 'blaming' ppl for the raw power thing or 'a living stooge' kinda thing, i thought she might have chosen ron over iggy to defend

i dont think anyone will forget who nadja's favourite stooge is! lol
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:30 pm

Er...I don't see how that works confused I was responding to this line:

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
i meant people almost neglect him, amean we all have our favourite stooges (mine being iggy) - yours being ron nadja
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:37 pm

what, you guys have started discussing my personal preferences?? Shocked

Just to make it clear...Ron is overall my SECOND favourite Stooge, and my fave as a musician!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:40 pm

Nadja wrote:

Its not exactly hard to figuire out Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:46 pm

But seriously, and Im NOT just being argumentative here, I feel it's important for them ALL to be recognized, and talked about. I don't think it's really fair to say that people focus on the others just because they want to deflect attention away from Iggy; the others deserve it in their own right. They've been obscure for long enough.
ok, I'm gonna go relax now! Smile
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:46 pm

G, F#, E wrote:

i meant people almost neglect him, amean we all have our favourite stooges (mine being iggy) - yours being ron nadja

nadja just said ron's
Quote :
and my fave as a musician!!

i remembered nadja talkin about how the sound of rons guitar effects her, esp the first albums sound, and i'd thought dave was, um, a 'physical' thing lol
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:47 pm

Yes, I wasn't saying you didn't know what frets were.

But, if Iggy sang the chorus as he did on the album, guess what. It would be way out of pitch. because the guitars wouldn't have done the chorus change. only iggy. Which is why it's like a loop.

Do you mean Iggy should just sing the chorus, anyway - and be way off pitch ? Or that he should sing it in the correct pitch (in witch case it would sound very strange) ?
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:50 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
Nadja wrote:

Its not exactly hard to figuire out Laughing

no, it shouldn't be!! and I'm gonna go on praising the hell out of Dave. Sweet, shy, and sexy as hell... cheers
Oh, and spiritual...not just 'physical' hjw!!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 11:03 pm

Oh fun it is to be hated by two people because I disagree with all the "its Ron's fault" rubbish. Very Happy

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
But, if Iggy sang the chorus as he did on the album, guess what. It would be way out of pitch. because the guitars wouldn't have done the chorus change. only iggy. Which is why it's like a loop.

Do you mean Iggy should just sing the chorus, anyway - and be way off pitch ? Or that he should sing it in the correct pitch (in witch case it would sound very strange) ?

If you sing the original line with the original vocal melody over the main riff it doesn't become out of pitch it just sounds a bit different. I don't know if your a vocalist but just try it. Seriously its not that bad and for the sake of missing a few chords I'm not going to blame Ron on this one. Ron's only just the learnt the guitar part of "Raw Power", Iggy's been singing it for almost 30 years.

G, F#, E wrote:

nadja just said ron's
Quote :
and my fave as a musician!!

i remembered nadja talkin about how the sound of rons guitar effects her, esp the first albums sound, and i'd thought dave was, um, a 'physical' thing lol

I was joking about how obvious it is that Nadja's favourite Stooge is Dave Alexander. Loosen up (pun intended)
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 11:22 pm

Quote :

I was joking about how obvious it is that Nadja's favourite Stooge is Dave Alexander. Loosen up (pun intended)

sorry, second time i didnt get one of your jokes G!

Quote :
Ron's only just the learnt the guitar part of "Raw Power

how do you know this? would he not have learnt it while they were originally playin it, just as a guitarist himself or something, i dunno, im just speculating here, but i dont think he just learned how to play it, maybe he did, whats your source? - and if oyu take the same logic, iggy having sung it for 30 years doesnt mean he knows the guitar part, just that he sung along with it - but i'd say iggy knows raw power guitar part
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 11:41 pm

Yeah, Iggy used to play guitar in the 90-91 tour and 93-94 tour. and although he didn't play on that song live, im sure he knows it. (they opened with Raw Power in the 90-91 tour)

Ron should know it too, because as HSJW said, back in 73/74, ron was on bass, but would still need to at least know the chorus has a chord change (since the raw power bass obviously did the chorus change on the album, when ron did bass) so I don't get it ? he stood across from James for a couple years... and raw power guitar line is VERY easy... hmmmm.... It's not adding up... You'd think Ron had maybe, glanced over at james... and obviously saw the chords... which are, as I said -- fairly easy.

I put this on RON'S shoulders because -- I know Iggy is more easy going then you think. -- He leaves the music up to the band, and dose his part -- Singing.

This is how Iggy ALWAYS did it solo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:00 am

To me it sounds stupid to talk about blaming somebody in a band for how RP sounds.
And don't like it there is a tendency here to put up Ron as someone who needs to be protected for Iggy...and his ideas.

The Stooges are a tight band, making decisions together..how stuff should be played!!
Don't you think that it might have been an experiment to play RP in that way?
without the time to work RP out properly. I like to give them the chance to fuck it up...and give it a next try

hmm....also think there is not really much 'space' here for Iggy.
That's why i always try to make some pirat
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:46 am

ZinZin wrote:
To me it sounds stupid to talk about blaming somebody in a band for how RP sounds.
And don't like it there is a tendency here to put up Ron as someone who needs to be protected for Iggy...and his ideas.

The Stooges are a tight band, making decisions together..how stuff should be played!!
Don't you think that it might have been an experiment to play RP in that way?
without the time to work RP out properly. I like to give them the chance to fuck it up...and give it a next try

oh my god zin, you've just summed up what im talkin about exactly!! much more eloquent obviously!

totally, the stooges are a band, a tight band as you say, and this is one of the last gigs b4 the end of thetour? they're probly just testin it out like you say, theyve probly been rehearsing it for a while and are seein what the reaction is

Quote :

hmm....also think there is not really much 'space' here for Iggy.
That's why i always try to make some

same here!!
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:13 am

I hope you guys are right, I hope this is just like a "demo" version Smile

Also, The Stooges played I'm fried, at the last show of the 2006 tour (in skopje) before it was released on cd -- and it was pretty good, but very different. So, Zin - you could be very well right, that it might be a rough take -- (I hope it gets better Wink

Cheers !
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:27 am

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:

Ron should know it too, because as HSJW said, back in 73/74, ron was on bass, but would still need to at least know the chorus has a chord change (since the raw power bass obviously did the chorus change on the album, when ron did bass) so I don't get it ? he stood across from James for a couple years... and raw power guitar line is VERY easy... hmmmm.... It's not adding up... You'd think Ron had maybe, glanced over at james... and obviously saw the chords... which are, as I said -- fairly easy.

Ron was never a big fan of the Williamson era Stooges songs. Even though he did play the bass part the last time he played it was more than 30 years ago.

Iggy is the "favoured Stooge" hes the one the critics praise and the one who had a successful solo career. I find that Iggy has made a lot of lies in the past and its just trying to distinguish the fact from fiction.
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:02 pm

Nadja: I read some discussion in this thread about your favourite stooges. It's no the ginger basist they had in the late 60's/early 70's is it Wink
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:33 pm

My favorite Stooge hits things with sticks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:47 pm

Loose1969 wrote:
My favorite Stooge hits things with sticks.

think thats another one we couldve guessed!

great thing abot the stooges is theyre all significant, its like zeppelin or stones, each one is as important as the rest, no ones left out u'no

mine is iggy, tho everyone (including james) come in a very very close 2nd lol

its acutally like

1.iggy
2. ron/james/scott/dave/mike etc (in no order)

its just i 'love' iggy so much more lol (much to the derision of everyone around me!)
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 7:09 pm

Borntohula - yup, it's the ginger one alright!!! Dave had the most gorgeous hair colour I've ever seen on a guy Very Happy - (not to mention its length, texture etc etc..... Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven )

Last edited by Nadja on Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:13 pm

So, your saying Ron forgot the part ? lol ? No way !

I'm sure he'd still know how to play that bass part.

otherwise, what about TV EYE... how'd he remember the guitar part of 30 years ? lol.

PS - my favorite stooges =

1.Iggy
2.Ron/james
3.Scott/Dave
4.Mackay
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:23 pm

haha, 'Favourite Stooge(s)' oughta be a new thread
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:37 pm

Nadja wrote:
and there's plenty of disucssion on him on this board too, all well and good! I don't see how there 'isn't enough space' for him... Smile
yes discussion's enough..but...not much with the equal minded... about where we really wanna talk about!

Because:

There r not this many people daily posting on this forum who have Iggy as their favourite + these few r keeping their intensity and ideas about Iggy pretty quiet ..these people r... i guess...aware of the fact that this is a Stooges forum and not an Iggy forum!

So Iggy his huge solo career..compared to all he did and really is > is barely mentioned here!!!

As i see it the 'Iggy' people keep their intense 'love' very modest...hiding their threads in the less frequent visited places on this board > 'down on the street' and 'gimme danger'... and trying to under press their overwhelming 'love' for the sake of others who feel repressed by Iggy his...well..you can fill that in for yourself

Guess I'm still offended why Iggy hasn't his own forum!
Except for that F*** misleading and totally abandoned by Musictoday SpamHole: iggypop.com

Last edited by ZinZin on Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?   Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Them playing Raw power now. What you think about it?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: