Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

more Detroit...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xindeed

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-04-15

more Detroit... Empty
PostSubject: more Detroit...   more Detroit... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 5:48 am

Yesterday the wife and I escaped from Athens, Ohio and made our way to The Incredible Fox Theatre 5 hrs away. The Milner Hotel is an awesome old hotel within walking distance so we were able to "hang out" and "rest up" prior to heading to the show. I brought a digital camera stuffed down my pants and somehow managed to just walk past the folks waving the metal detector wands. The theatre is simply stunning! We bought the usual overpriced drinks, but I was pretty disappointed to find the beer selection so fucking lame. I opted for vodka. We wandered a bit checking out the freaks then were led to our front row (behind the pit and off to the side a bit) seats by a pretty militant collection of ushers. I'm sure they were warned to prepare for mayhem and they did their damnedest to maintain control throughout the show. Powertrane was pretty fucking cool and even though I'm not that knowledgable about underground Detroit musical history, I could tell that this was a special gig and that these guys were the real deal. Oh yea, and it was LOUD.
I decided to pee and get meore alcohol in between sets and this turned out to be the worst mistake of our trip. The lines for bathrooms and drinks were insanely long and slow moving. I actually missed "Loose" and half of "Down on the Street" due to urine and alcohol. Fuck Me.
But when I managed to claw my way back down to my seat I was immediately swept up into the frenzy of this show. Iggy is a force to be reckoned with and his fellow Stooges were stellar. Iggy did his thing like no other, Mike Watt was fucking maniacal, Ron Asheton wove brain punishing riffs throughout, Mckay added great texture, and Rock Action rocked.
Despite the warnings of a particularly militant usher stationed in the pit right in front of us ("Do not come over this wall tonight. It will not be a good idea."), once folks started climbing onstage I was unable to keep myself from jumping the barrier, zigzagging to the front, and hauling my 42 y.o. ass up onto the stage of the Fox Theatre in Detroit on Friday the 13th with Iggy and The Stooges!!! It was amazing. I was able to flop around in front of Ron and Mike for awhile then made my way over the the cluster of folks surrounding our man and managed to lay my hands upon Iggy's shoulders for a few seconds. I was giddy as a schoolgirl!
After making my way back to my seat and my astonished wife, the boys onstage kept up the onslaught for the remainder of the night.
I was not able to get good photos. When Iggy came over to our side of the stage, the last thing I wanted to be doing was fiddling around with a fucking camera. I'll try to post what pics I did get, but I'm not sure how to do that...
After the show I realized that the armrest to my seat had been broken off at some point and so I felt compelled to... steal it. Well, if I didn't do it the guy next to me said he would (Hey Randy!). It would have been really cool to try to get Iggy to sign it, but we decided to just head back to the hotel, rather than hover outside his bus or whatever. Did anyone get to meet him? I wonder if he's been signing stuff for folks.
Anyway, one of the best shows ever. Ever!
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

more Detroit... Empty
PostSubject: Re: more Detroit...   more Detroit... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 10:24 am

he came after the show signed 2 autographs amnd left, you would have had to wait 2 hours it was cool though, i was there
Back to top Go down
ZenDog

ZenDog

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-03-11

more Detroit... Empty
PostSubject: Re: more Detroit...   more Detroit... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 3:39 pm

xindeed...That is an x-cellent rock n roll story !

The ushers pissed me off too...we should of trashed the fucking place . Nothing of a permanent nature, the Fox is a nice place.

But just enough to let them know that you should never fuck with a Stooges fan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

more Detroit... Empty
PostSubject: Re: more Detroit...   more Detroit... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

more Detroit...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Scene of the Crime. :: Reunion 2003 - 2008-
Jump to: