Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rocks Like A Motherfucker

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Rocks Like A Motherfucker Empty
PostSubject: Rocks Like A Motherfucker   Rocks Like A Motherfucker Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 1:21 am

hey, i am listenin to kill city off of a million in prizes best of iggy thing, and it actualy totally does rock like a motherfucker, i hardly ever listen to this cause i listen to the acutal album, but it came up on the itunes genius feature, and i was blown away, it was as if i'd never heard it b4, mostly cause i havent listened to it in a while anyway lol

but is this is the original tapes? we were talkin about this on another thread, i cant remember which one it was otherwise i wouldve posted there, but in it paul said he talked to a person james williamson said might have it if it was even in existence, and they do indeed exist, so is this a snippet of the tape?

based on how much this ''rocks like a motherfucker" im salivating at the prospect of the entire album sounding this good!

so does anyone or is it just a cleaned up version?

- also iTunes has it as "iggy pop and james williams" lol
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Rocks Like A Motherfucker   Rocks Like A Motherfucker Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 1:34 am

I've wondered about that myself. The version off Iggy's best-of cd is superb quality, but the Kill City disc sounds thin and weedy.

WTF????
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Rocks Like A Motherfucker   Rocks Like A Motherfucker Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 1:50 am

i know, right?

i dunno, i think that could be it, and it really does rock like a MF! u'no

so hopefully thats it, and even more hopefully - gets released!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Rocks Like A Motherfucker   Rocks Like A Motherfucker Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:39 pm

Thats possibly the same version as on "Original Punks", I'll check tonight. Wink
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Rocks Like A Motherfucker   Rocks Like A Motherfucker Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:56 pm

maybe even just be a general clean up and in the red remix, ala raw power, cause china girl sounds way better on a million in prizes than idiot
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Rocks Like A Motherfucker   Rocks Like A Motherfucker Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:05 am

Not just "China Girl" - all The Idiot tracks on A Million In Prizes sound so much better than on the standard Idiot cd. Clearly some remastering has been carried out but why the hell has The Idiot not been reissued in this excellent cleaned up version? And Lust For Life for that matter. Both albums are way overdue for a decent reissue (with bonus tracks perhaps?).

And yeah, "Kill City" sounds tremendous on the compilation too. Come on Virgin, or whoever owns this stuff, give us a decent reissue of Kill City too!

Cheers,

Richard
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Rocks Like A Motherfucker   Rocks Like A Motherfucker Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 5:12 pm

Quote :
why the hell has The Idiot not been reissued in this excellent cleaned up version? And Lust For Life for that matter. Both albums are way overdue for a decent reissue (with bonus tracks perhaps?).

couldnt agree wth u more richard!

i would dearly love these albums remastered ans rereleased!

esp idiot and kill city
Back to top Go down
napalm_cheetah

napalm_cheetah

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Rocks Like A Motherfucker   Rocks Like A Motherfucker Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:11 pm

I couldn't agree more. Now I've been listening to the "a million in prizes" version and I really think the vocals sounds quiet different. And it sounds like iggys sings: "It's a playground for the rich" while in the original he sings "It's a playground to the rich"

Last edited by napalm_cheetah on Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Rocks Like A Motherfucker   Rocks Like A Motherfucker Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:13 pm

"Its a playground for the rich,
But its a loaded gun to me"

Is one of Iggy's greatest lines ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rocks Like A Motherfucker   Rocks Like A Motherfucker Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rocks Like A Motherfucker
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: