Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...

Go down 
+16
elvis plebsley
ohmygawd
don_vercetti
EmmaUK
TED
homesickjameswilliamson
sweet_sixteen
heavy liquid
Chazz Avery
dorianmode
Angusyd van Hyman
Shakes
G, F#, E
Nadja
mc
berlinberlin
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 8:35 pm

ZinZin wrote:
And made about 20 great paintings on only Stooges and Iggy's music. You can say a productive and successful result from that junkieness pirat A huge impact on life and work!

You paint? So do I, art is one of the things I love most. What stuff do you paint?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 6:57 pm

Another painter cheers jihaaaaaaa!
see yr pm GFE
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:35 am

ZinZin we're swamped with artists .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 1:31 pm

TED wrote:
yeh.. you too!!! and who else more? pirat
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 6:46 pm

havent painted since school two years ago, btu do the odd watercolour and acrylic, so i guess im in there too lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 6:57 pm

wow.. so we could start a group called: Iggy and the Painters Cool
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:18 pm

An art thread in General Topics perhaps? Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:21 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
An art thread in General Topics perhaps? Suspect
nah.. for me no art on the Stooges forum.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:26 pm

Yeah your probably right.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:36 pm

unless its stuff of the stooges if you're so inclined, i posted drawings i did ages ago somewhere
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:42 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
unless its stuff of the stooges if you're so inclined, i posted drawings i did ages ago somewhere
i remember that... yep...that was great to see!!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:01 pm

yeh, well i just drew it and someoen else had posted something so i thought i might as well, i think i know iggys face better than i know my own ive been looking at it so much lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:07 pm

yeh, well i just drew it and someoen else had posted something so i thought i might as well, i think i know iggys face better than i know my own ive been looking at it so much lol
hahaha... HJW maybe you'll gonna look like iggy in a short while.
this happens with pets and their owners.
since iggy want's to be your dog... you never know.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:14 pm

Laughing Nice one ZinZin!

Theres far worse things than looking like Iggy though. Smile Imagaine what obsessive "Simply Red" fans must look like Laughing
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:15 pm

haha, thats brilliant Zin

heres hoping! well maybe just in dress sense, i look at jagger at lot too, he and richards, they had a great sense of style

and nice one G! hate simply red!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:31 am

....i look at jagger at lot too..
what you look like jagger??? you must be a total hunk man! damn!
I do like Mick too.. drunken

Had this dubious idea a year ago > to start a photo thread with photo's posted of; ourselves affraid
This idea starts to get really attractive now!
hmm.. we're getting of topic with this all...
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:35 am

haha, nah jaggers horrible looking, well weird looking at least - but the way he moved and the clothes he wore, esp 1969 - 75, thats a cool period, i think i remember posting something about it, gettin the leather jacket n everything, and G said he wanted to get a pair of iggy silver lame trousers lol

still like the photos idea, if i find a good stooges/iggy pic ill do it (and if i have the time) accidentaly deleted all my photos including faovurite ones, ive gotten most back i guess i posted everything here anyway, but have to go through them, if i find a good one ill do it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:46 am

haha, nah jaggers horrible looking......
still like the photos idea, if i find a good stooges/iggy pic ill do it ....... if i find a good one ill do it!
you gonna photoshop yourself into iggy HJW or do you gonna set up a photo shoot with yourself.. anyway.. sounds good!
If you have time. .give it a go! hej... but you can't say that you look like Jagger and than saying that he looks horrible.... that's No
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:51 am

haha, sorry, jaggers not horrible

actually i said i looked at jagger and iggy

anyway, not even photoshoped, altho that sounds kinda cool, just like in the same pose or somethin or similar looking place u'no
Back to top Go down
EmmaUK

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:25 am

I think i was about 14/15 not that long ago. I was getting ready to go somewhere i think and the Lust For Life video came on TV. I stopped in my tracks and was just in awe of this crazy guy. A while later i remeberd about it and search him on the internet, the rest is history... Smile
Back to top Go down
don_vercetti

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 1:27 am

Well i was 15 or so, and i was just getting into rock n roll, and Guns N' Roses was one of the first bands i really liked. And I got the Spaghetti Incident, and on it was a cover of Raw Power, and it was a cool song. So I got hold of the original album, heard Search & Destroy, and was hooked ever since. Culminating in seeing the Stooges at the Isle of Wight last year. One of my favourite bands, really amazing.
Back to top Go down
ohmygawd

ohmygawd

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 1:38 pm

ZinZin wrote:
TED wrote:
yeh.. you too!!! and who else more? pirat

here Very Happy

but that stooges stuff is something really strange for me, I still can't understand it. I always laughed about those fanies and groupies who were obsessed of one specific band and I really NEVER thought I would ever write in a fan forum and collect everything of one artist etc. I also wasn't listening to Rock music, I was into Hip-Hop, electro and sometimes techno music and knew rock at most in form of some AC/DC hits at a fucked up home party.

but then came the stooges.

I was 20 and read something in the newspaper about a musician called Iggy Pop and I thought woah, that's a cool name. I heard that name before but never really noticed it. On the same day I downloaded two tracks of that Iggy Pop, «Raw Power» and «No Fun» and it was the greatest music I ever heard. I never heard so much energy and expression in a music and that «Fuck off» mentality impressed me. So I started to collect everything from that awesome band like a fool and it was crazy, I'm the really ONLY one in my acquaintance who likes this music.
Thanks to that, I discovered also other nice Punk bands like MC5, Black Flag, Turbonegro, The Dictators, Sex Pistols, Ramones, The Velvet Underground, Patty Smith etc which I really like, but the Stooges are still my all time favourite. And I really can't understand it, it's like a delusion, I'm listening to that goddamn band almost every day and that since 4 years. My friends are laughing about my stooges obsession and so do I, but I can't do anything. It's an addiction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:11 pm

ohmygawd wrote:
here Very Happy

but that stooges stuff is something really strange for me, I still can't understand it. I always laughed about those fanies and groupies who were obsessed of one specific band and I really NEVER thought I would ever write in a fan forum and collect everything of one artist etc. I also wasn't listening to Rock music, I was into Hip-Hop, electro and sometimes techno music and knew rock at most in form of some AC/DC hits at a fucked up home party.
Amazing and fun to hear your story. you write the things i forgot about.. remembering me a part of myself i'm ashamed of now. so a part of what you write belongs also to my story.
..curious what kind of artist you are?
Back to top Go down
ohmygawd

ohmygawd

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:53 pm

ZinZin wrote:

..curious what kind of artist you are?

i'm working as graphic designer and illustrator, in my free time I do a bit stuff for myself, mainly illustrations and t-shirt designs. it's always this thing, if you do it professional, you call it "design" and if you do it for yourself, it's "art". further i used to write graffiti, so I guess that my passion for aggressive and raw artistic expres​sion(like the stooges) also comes from that background.. but i want to take the "arty" stuff a bit more serious and am planning to study art again..
Back to top Go down
elvis plebsley

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-03-09

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:07 pm

I was a young punk rocker. The Sex Pistols had covered 'No Fun,' the Damned, '1970'. Later Anti Pasti used to do 'I Wanna Be Your Dog', once with Steve Jones guesting on guitar. So the Stooges were sort of in the atmosphere, but I didn't hear the originals.

In 1984, got this awful job working as a labourer on a building site. Back-breaking, spirit-sapping toil. With the first pay-packet, I made a spur of the moment purchase of Raw Power and was blown away. It made that shit job worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...   How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How old have you been discovering the Stooges / Iggy and ...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next