Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ron may be dead

Go down 
+59
sheddy
zenta138
the science eel
jimmyo
don_vercetti
popmansam
Paul T
Nadja
Borntohula
dorianmode
comaman
dtklamf
creep66
karimmaris
TeddyB1018
StoogesForever69
PSYCHEDELIC_STOOGE
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
Parry The Wind High, Low
23rd Express
B-rok
heavy liquid
sweet_sixteen
Gimme some skin
-E-
newyorkdoll
EmmaUK
dan b
the5thramone37
Chazz Avery
Iguanas
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Rode Hard
homesickjameswilliamson
Angusyd van Hyman
mc
world's forgotten boy
Lucas
neven
Katy
james matlock
Detoilet
pjpeanutz
seventeen
J.N
G, F#, E
soldier
david stooge
TED
Loose1969
berlinberlin
JW82
modernlover
iggy-fan
adams66
Donald
napalm_cheetah
spenny
cb
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

Ron may be dead - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 7:26 am

This just came in:

"The 60-year-old's body was discovered by police in the living room of his Ann Arbor house after his personal assistant raised the alarm about his whereabouts when she couldn't reach the star."

Personal assistant? Dara? They were real close.

I always say I wanna live forever. When I do most people say WHY? It's hell getting old. Yer sick and disabled and lonely and miserable. So you should just party your life away and enjoy every minute. Maybe. But I never believed in "I hope I die before I get old." And I wanna checkout in my sleep--it's the only way to go. But Ron had miles to go.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 7:29 am

I just hope it was painless for Ron. A matter of going to sleep without waking up.

I hate even talking about this, honestly. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1319
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 7:34 am

I hate talking about it aswell. I cannot believe he is gone. Sad I keep expecting someone to say its a joke or something.

Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 7:43 am

It's practically all the press IS talking about ... the way he went. And everybody in here who keeps saying what a terrible way to die. All I'm saying is there's worse ways to go. He was a loner his whole life. He liked it that way. Death is part of life.
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 7:57 am

cb wrote:
The one I'm thinking of now is Dara, how supportive she was thru these many yrs, never losing faith in him, fighting the good fight.

How shameful that it takes a death for Virgin's iggypop.com to update their site (no offence meant for Dave)

There was an autopsy today.

A well known A2 musician who spent Christmas Eve with him wrote me ending the letter with
THREE CORDS AND A CLOUD OF DUST...

Raw eloquence I say

Art Collins was just 3 yrs ago!

True. Yeah, I think they mean well, but the site was neglected for a long, long time. Hopefully this will change. And nah, no offense taken.

Well, at least we'll know what cause of death was, for what it's worth.

Hmm...that's pretty cool. The letter, that is.

That's right, and I was lucky to meet Art not too long before he died. Pretty cool guy!

Sad to see them go but may they be forever free.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
TeddyB1018

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:40 am

I don't usually (or ever) post but I wanted to express condolences for Ron and his people on behalf of my late friend Michael Shelton, a longtime Stooges fanatic and friend of the band, who some of you may have known. RIP Ron and Michael. X.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:45 am

I can't accept this. Its to awful for words, don't think I'll cope today. Poor Ron, what an inspiration, what a great guy. Its just not fair. Sad
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:57 am

heavy liquid wrote:
I used your signature as a picture HJW, I hope you don't mind!

I see you used mine as well. Thanks for doing that HL it means a lot.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1319
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:51 am

G, F#, E wrote:
heavy liquid wrote:

Yeah, is that ok? Unsure

karimmaris

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:56 am

Unbelieveable!!!!!

R.I.P Ron,
Back to top Go down
http://www.standinstooges.com
creep66

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Fuck...   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:14 pm

As well as being a fantastic player, Ron was a friend of mine. Nicest guy you'd ever want to meet. He was not a drug user, either, but enjoyed his Stolichnaya from time to time. I still can't believe he's gone. I will forever treasure the memories of the times we played together.
Back to top Go down
dtklamf

dtklamf

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:28 pm

R.I.P. Brother Ron

Thanks for everything, you made my life a better
place for the past 30 odd years.

A very sad day.

Nigel
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:58 pm

Yep, Dara called the police and she let them in with her key, Cyd.
She kept that man in line. Remember the fun we had with her on Net 54? We were such catty little witches back then, including her. She was definitely the life of the party. We didn't believe she was really Ron's assistant and gave her a hell of a time and then we became friends. Remember that great picture of her and Gui in Paris? She was the most reliable person when it came to backstage passes.

I ditched work, I am not ready for prime time. I couldn't bring myself to do much more than post the official statement yesterday and read mail about all of this. My site had more visitors than it ever has, far surpassing even the Stooges reunion. I'll gather all the press about this sad event today, the breadth of which is truly astounding. The autopsy won't be final until the toxicology reports come in. I will forward any info about funeral services here and if you want to send letters of condolence I will forward them to management.

cb
cbensonburke@hotmail.com
http://iggypop.org
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
comaman

comaman

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 1:14 pm

I'm stunned to hear about Ron's passing. What a tragedy. One of the true guitar originators gone forever... I certainly didn't see this coming...

R.I.P Ron and God bless You.

Crying or Very sad Angry No
Back to top Go down
dorianmode

dorianmode

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 3:08 pm

The title of this thread...some sick joke was my first reaction...
Not just his talent, but he was such a lovely man. Never met him, now I never will.
This is just too much of a shock. It just can't be true...why why WHY?????????
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 3:41 pm

Seriously. Listening to Down the street and other songs from the two first... Him dying and if heaven exists, you can figure he'll gonna get one hell of a much virgins up there.
At least I got to see them play once... Now I only have their albums to be cheered by.

But still. This guitarist, he's the one that meant most for me in music. I'll dedicate joy in his memory for as long as I live...
Back to top Go down
EmmaUK

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 5:25 pm

I wore my stooges t-shirt to school today, i couldn't talk about it to anyone, i still can't quite believe it, i think it'll take a long time.

I've listened to The Stooges at every moment i could today, he'll be greatly missed.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 6:00 pm

My school are a bunch of insensitive bastards. I wore Stooges t-shirt and drew a picture of Ron on my hand. I got a grilling about he was, why he died and that if he touched drugs he deserved to die...and that was from teachers.

I've cried non stop today. Its so unfair. No

heavy liquid wrote:
G, F#, E wrote:
heavy liquid wrote:

Yeah, is that ok? Unsure

Of course it is, anyone can use it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 6:04 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
..I got a grilling about he was, why he died and that if he touched drugs he deserved to die...and that was from teachers..
if they talked this crap.. your teachers are complete idiots > i wouldn't take anything from them!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 6:06 pm

I told one of them to "shut the fuck up" but they let it slide. Its not right that hes gone. I feel heartbroken. Sad
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 6:10 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
I told one of them to "shut the fuck up" but they let it slide. Its not right that hes gone. I feel heartbroken. Sad
I would have told them worse. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 6:16 pm

I really wanted to but I have important exams later this month so I just want to get through them.

I really miss Ron so badly, hes gone. My one goal in life was to meet him. I can't stop crying and I've been sick several times, I just don't want toaccept it. My hero is dead. (cry)
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 6:30 pm

It was just reported that his personal assistant, and others, were caought loading all of his guitars onto a van.

Sad

Good thing is, they made it all be returned, and are having security watch his house, and they changed all the locks.
Back to top Go down
Parry The Wind High, Low

Parry The Wind High, Low

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 7:48 pm

Was a bit (horribly) weird that a few hours before being informed of his death that I was reading an interview with Fucked Up's singer who mentioned how much of an influence Ron Asheton was to him.

http://www.magnetmagazine.com/2008/10/09/fucked-up-large-and-in-charge/
Back to top Go down
napalm_cheetah

napalm_cheetah

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 8:29 pm

Today, it just feels so unreal....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ron may be dead
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: