Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ron may be dead

Go down 
+59
sheddy
zenta138
the science eel
jimmyo
don_vercetti
popmansam
Paul T
Nadja
Borntohula
dorianmode
comaman
dtklamf
creep66
karimmaris
TeddyB1018
StoogesForever69
PSYCHEDELIC_STOOGE
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
Parry The Wind High, Low
23rd Express
B-rok
heavy liquid
sweet_sixteen
Gimme some skin
-E-
newyorkdoll
EmmaUK
dan b
the5thramone37
Chazz Avery
Iguanas
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Rode Hard
homesickjameswilliamson
Angusyd van Hyman
mc
world's forgotten boy
Lucas
neven
Katy
james matlock
Detoilet
pjpeanutz
seventeen
J.N
G, F#, E
soldier
david stooge
TED
Loose1969
berlinberlin
JW82
modernlover
iggy-fan
adams66
Donald
napalm_cheetah
spenny
cb
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
soldier

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2007-06-17

Ron may be dead - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 8:32 pm

I did not know that Ron was in the prime movers
you can see him in middle of the song...mayby not him

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=K64zZmsf3f0

RIP
Back to top Go down
james matlock

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 8:34 pm

new report that Ron's sister came to the house and found Dara and others loading Ron's gear into a van and that at some point Cathy was assaulted. The family has since changed the locks on the house and hired a security firm to monitor.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:19 pm

OMG, checking it out. Shades of the past net 54ers?
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:21 pm

kathy assaulted? jesus, by like a fan or something?
Back to top Go down
soldier

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:37 pm

Only just heard the news today, and on this forum.
Don't know if I'll ever be able to assimilate it.
Ron for me was the very heart of The Stooges. It was entirely because of his guitar that I started listening to them...and got in so deeply into the whole Stooges thing. And I'll sure never get out again!
Never got the chance to meet him. I would have loved to have told him what the sound of his guitar means to me, and always will.
Too devastated to think straight. Everyone's said a lot of good stuff already, it's been heartening to read it all.

RIP Ron - greatest guitarist of all time without question. Nothing else has inspired me so much as your playing.
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:39 pm

I'm on the road, and just wanted to drop in and pay tribute to ROn. Lots of his friends have called and emailed me to say how much they'll miss him. I'm wrestling with a MOJO story on him right now... but all i have to say is, Thanks Ron, you inspired me, I'm grateful for the way my life turned out so far, and you helped put me on this path. It was a privilege to hear him, and to meet him.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:47 pm

Nadja wrote:
Only just heard the news today, and on this forum.
Don't know if I'll ever be able to assimilate it.
Ron for me was the very heart of The Stooges. It was entirely because of his guitar that I started listening to them...and got in so deeply into the whole Stooges thing. And I'll sure never get out again!
Never got the chance to meet him. I would have loved to have told him what the sound of his guitar means to me, and always will.
Too devastated to think straight. Everyone's said a lot of good stuff already, it's been heartening to read it all.

RIP Ron - greatest guitarist of all time without question. Nothing else has inspired me so much as your playing.

I knew this would hit you especially hard. Neutral
I'm still feeling sick myself. I was hoping to finally see a Stooges show this year, sadly it will not happen. Worse, the world has lost one of the best and most innovative guitarists ever, and a great person as well.

It's all too much to take in right now. Still. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:08 pm

All I want to do is get off work, get a bottle of vodka, and get fucked up. What a sad day. Never got to take my daughter to a stooges show. Its hard to describe the energy he brought to the group live. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:10 pm

thanks Loose

the one thing I'm grateful for is that I DID read it first on this forum - a place where people really know about, and truly appreciate him
It's so sudden, it's just, well to say it's unbelievable is a cliche, but what else can you say?

well the greatest guitarist and the best bassist are probably playing together again ... but that's not too much comfort down here right now
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:16 pm

Nadja wrote:
thanks Loose

the one thing I'm grateful for is that I DID read it first on this forum - a place where people really know about, and truly appreciate him
It's so sudden, it's just, well to say it's unbelievable is a cliche, but what else can you say?

well the greatest guitarist and the best bassist are probably playing together again ... but that's not too much comfort down here right now

No, that's definitely not any comfort for us here right now. But I do hope Ron & Dave are jamming away up there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:28 pm

I really don't know how to react to something like this...trying to sort out my feelings...it's just too weird, of course it's shock ...well for a start of course we don't know yet what exactly happened
but The Stooges reunion - that was the very very least Ron deserved. At least he finally got that recognition
The Stooges can't exist without him...I don't think so...but I can't think about the future right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:29 pm

james matlock wrote:
new report that Ron's sister came to the house
and found Dara and others loading Ron's gear into a van and that at
some point Cathy was assaulted. The family has since changed the locks
on the house and hired a security firm to monitor.
what the F* was goin on there.. is this true Shocked ?? this must be a mistake!
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:32 pm

soldier wrote:
http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2009/01/ron_ashetons_family_hire_priv.html

Evil or Very Mad Shame, shame, shame.

Totally, totally fucked up.

I just posted this link as a bulletin over @ the myspace page.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:37 pm

shit, this is just getting worse.
Back to top Go down
don_vercetti

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:38 pm

RIP one of the most original guitarists to live, and co-founder of one of the most important bands. No Ron - no Guns N' Roses, Sex Pistols, Ramones, and countless other awesome bands.

So glad i trekked it over to the Isle of Wight last year, with the sole purpose of seeing the stooges. What a show.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:44 pm

It's too sudden! he was too young
and I never saw them
well that's something I'll regret for the rest of my life.
Well, at least I can still listen...
I actually listened to the first album yesterday, without knowing what had happened.
How will it feel to listen to it now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:52 pm

For me it's different now.. the music.. everything!
If i see, hear and remember Ron on stage.. his concentration.. his dedication.. his sound.. and that sweet little laugh.. with a twinkle in his
eyes.. he must have enjoyed it so much!!
I can see that now almost in every song they played i try to find on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZYPriCxvoI&feature=related
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:07 pm

I remember the first clip I ever saw of the reformed Stooges was on the Jonathan Ross show, Ron was so talkative and funny. Such a nice guy. Such a talented guy. I feel sick.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:13 pm

He was such an entertaining interviewee ... lots of anecdotes...cool, intelligent, funny...
and so modest...considering his talent... these qualities always came through
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:19 pm

I love this quote from Ron:

“When I was a young guy coming up, going to the Grande Ballroom every weekend, I got to see my heroes play. Jeff Beck, the Who, everyone. I didn’t want to be a fanboy, but I’d stand there and wait — ‘I just want to say hi, this was great.’ I saw them walk by me with blank stares like they were zombies. I said to myself, you know, if I ever make it, I’ve got at least one minute for everybody who wants to say something. So I talk to people, and that’s what’s exciting now.”

What other rock guitarist would do something like that? The guy didn't have an ego he was just a really nice guy with an exceptional talent that will never be matched. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:23 pm

That just sounds like Ron.
I don't mean he was a saint or anything of course, but he just seems to have been one of the most genuine, sincere, honest guys in the whole music biz. Never tried to be anything he wasn't. Never showed off. But then, he didn't need to, he was just blessed with the greatest gift ever.
Now THAT may sound hagiographic, but then I've ALWAYS been praising the hell out of him. Smile
Back to top Go down
Katy

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:25 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
I remember the first clip I ever saw of the reformed Stooges was on the Jonathan Ross show, Ron was so talkative and funny.

The thing I remember about that interview was a/ how cool it was to see them all interviewed together like A BAND on a show that got millions of viewers, and b/ that little anecdote Ron told about how he had just bought his first EVER brand new car...

I'm totally gutted. Totally totally gutted. I heard last night just as I was getting ready to turn off the computer and go to bed. I gasped. I cried. I couldn't sleep and thought about him all night. Was still gutted in the morning. 24hrs later I'm still fucking gutted. I think I'm going to feel this way for quite a while.

still can't really believe it. I think like a lot of us I was looking forward to seeing another Stooges show maybe this summer.

I guess I feel lucky to have seen them at all.

Ron should've had much longer to enjoy all the recent success though.

as for the fucking "rock and roll hall of fame".. TOO LATE. I hope if they do get in this year, Iggy and Scott tell them to collectively fuck off and suck dick. Angry
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:28 pm

Katy wrote:
[Ron should've had much longer to enjoy all the recent success though.

:

Of course. This is just too wrong.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:30 pm

I know its tragic but at least when he died he knew he was recognised and knew his lasting influence. Theres some small comfort in that.

Nadja wrote:
Now THAT may sound hagiographic, but then I've ALWAYS been praising the hell out of him. Smile

You and me both Smile

He really was the nicest guy in the music buisness. Never hurt anyone, helped people and sadly was taken advantage of by several people because of his trusting nature. His sound is like him as a person, warm. I know that sounds really cheesy. But the music he plays gets inside you. No other guitarist does that to me. RIP Ron you'll be sorely, sorely missed. No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ron may be dead
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: