Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ron may be dead

Go down 
+59
sheddy
zenta138
the science eel
jimmyo
don_vercetti
popmansam
Paul T
Nadja
Borntohula
dorianmode
comaman
dtklamf
creep66
karimmaris
TeddyB1018
StoogesForever69
PSYCHEDELIC_STOOGE
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
Parry The Wind High, Low
23rd Express
B-rok
heavy liquid
sweet_sixteen
Gimme some skin
-E-
newyorkdoll
EmmaUK
dan b
the5thramone37
Chazz Avery
Iguanas
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Rode Hard
homesickjameswilliamson
Angusyd van Hyman
mc
world's forgotten boy
Lucas
neven
Katy
james matlock
Detoilet
pjpeanutz
seventeen
J.N
G, F#, E
soldier
david stooge
TED
Loose1969
berlinberlin
JW82
modernlover
iggy-fan
adams66
Donald
napalm_cheetah
spenny
cb
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Ron may be dead - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:57 pm

this has really shaken me, for all the craziness of life, stooges were always a constant, their music - them! now i dunno, thats it, stooges are actually finished, thats the last time, no reformaiton now

all these years of idolising ron as a guitar god, i kinda forgot he was a human

RIP
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:04 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
this has really shaken me, for all the craziness of life, stooges were always a constant, their music - them! now i dunno, thats it, stooges are actually finished, thats the last time, no reformaiton now

all these years of idolising ron as a guitar god, i kinda forgot he was a human RIP

I couldn't have said it better myself. I just got turned on to them a couple of years ago, but they became a huge part of my musical life in a hurry. I had really hoped to catch a Stooges show this year.

Not gonna happen. NOBODY can rightly stand in Ron's position onstage. He's irreplaceable.

GOD DAMN IT. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:07 pm

yeh i'd really hope to see them a 3rd time, now once seems all i needed, they were unbelievable, gunna watch the DVD tonight, realy cant believe this, its not fair, 60 is young, did he still take coke and drink?
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:27 pm

It's just too fuckin' hard to believe..Definately he was too young to die..I dunno..it says in some sources 'Ron was found dead beside a bottle of vodka from what seems to be a heart attack'..crisis? But he said and Iggy as well there was gonna be new Stooges stuff..His death also makes me really pissed about that Rock'n'Roll Hall Of Fame induction -> Stooges were nominated so many times and why the fuck they were never let to be inducted?!? I have only respect for Madonna in that case, who wanted and let Stooges perform her songs!! I guess it was a sign of her honour for them..And I'm really very sorry to say that..but..I think this is THE END..I don't give a fuck if James' gonna join Iggy or whatever, cuz it won't be Stooges..and besides..I think he really doesn't need music business anymore..He gave this up almost 30 years ago..He can play for own his pleasure which I think is enough..Goddamn..I was waiting to hear any news about new Stooges album..
I'm speechless..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
Angusyd van Hyman

Angusyd van Hyman

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:36 pm

Yeah... end of the Stooges. I won't ever see them.
It's really weird, and hard to understand. I think it's partly because, contrary to, let's say, Neil Young, or Bob Dylan, Ron was... well, not just a shadow, or a legend, but through this messageboard, through interviews, through Mike Watt's website too, I mean, i think Ron -and the Stooges- didn't seem far. They were human beings, not just figures.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:40 pm

ano how you feel ted, im sure we're all feeling the same, the stooges were us, we're fuckin stooges too! a load of miscreants who found solace from others in each others company, this being the end of the stooges unequivocally, even a james and iggy tour wouldnt light the same fire another stooges tour would have! and esp new material, its ashame we wont get to hear his last mark on the earth, we just have to keep strong, i hope iggy and scott are ok, thats one bad blow, ron was probly if you had to, or even could distill the stooges, it was Ron

beside a bottle of vodka? by himself? hope he wasnt in any/much pain, horrible, horrible, tragic way to go, and not fair

yeh, i know how you feel, just kinda angry and sad and misplaced or something, i dunno what to do, i have mountains of work but i cant do it, or eat or anything, what does this mean for stooges? and iggy? and us? a board will die without a news making and touring band

we'll just have to continue the stooges in us cause we're Dirt and we dont fuckin care!
Back to top Go down
dan b

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:44 pm

What's the betting they get in the fucking RnR Hall Of Fame this year, too late, just because of Rons passing. Grrr.

RIP Ron.
Back to top Go down
napalm_cheetah

napalm_cheetah

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:46 pm

The hall of fame can burn for all I care
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:50 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:

all these years of idolising ron as a guitar god, i kinda forgot he was a human

RIP

Exactly. The Stooges were raw human emotion: anger, fear, boredom, depression. They did it so honestly and so extremely.

And of course they'll get in the R&RHOF now but who cares, the stuck up pretentious cunts should die for inducting the crap they did instead of The Stooges.

I'm listening to the first two Stooges albums full blast, fourth time through them. I forgot how utterly mindblowing "1969" is...shit they're making me cry.

Thank you Ron. I'll make sure my band makes our next show in honour of you. I wish I could have met him, at least he died knowing that the musical world had finally appreciated him for the genius he was.

RIP Ron Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:52 pm

it sadly will be too little too late, but its in the bag now i guess

if ron isnt there to receive it with the other guys, unles it was those three guys if they werent on stage collecting that award and the recognition its not the same, ron deserved to pick it up

its so tragic that this happened and a terrible way to die

im so confused, as ive posted, stooges were always my go to, it was my comfort food kinda thing, if i ever felt bad or if anything happened or watever, but now the center of me has been shaken, i really dont know what to do, really did not see this coming, amean i knew it would happen, thats life, but i didnt think this would be how and i didnt think so young, i really am distraught, alot mre than i thought i would be for someone i never even met
Back to top Go down
EmmaUK

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:53 pm

I was at work at 5pm when i read it on the internet. I was just sat there thinking "This can't be true". I had to cope through work being nice to customers n stuff when i just wanted to cry.

I got a lift home and as soon as i sat in the car i just burst into tears. I still can't believe it, it just seems like it can't be true.

I'm so grateful i saw them in London last summer, i would be regretting that if i hadn't gone. I was so looking forward to seeing them again but i'll treasure my two stooges gigs memories forever.

I remembered today when i first saw them and i got onstage, i ran to Ron first and wanted to hug him but he was playing so i thought he'll muck it up if i hug him so i didn't, he was just stood there smiling.

I'll never forget him. These words can't really express what i feel atm
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:00 pm

I remember being introduced to The Stooges music when I was 7... I was hooked since that, I love them no matter what, and I just don't want to accept the fact that Ron is up w/ god.

I guess we will never get to hear any of the new stooges stuff, but I will always rmember for what they did give us !

Ron will continue to strum, but now he will do it in heaven.
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:14 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt9YwOKw1F8

Someone posted his speech to honour Ron's death. Nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
newyorkdoll

newyorkdoll

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:23 pm

it's shocking! i'm really glad that he had the chance to play with the reformed stooges these past number of years though.. i saw him in the mid-90's at the coconut teaser club in hollywood and he was fantastic! Sad

Last edited by newyorkdoll on Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:28 pm

JamesWilliamson82 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt9YwOKw1F8

Someone posted his speech to honour Ron's death. Nice.

The thoughts nice but the guy sounds uncaring.

I miss Ron so much.

According to Iggy the music for "God Is Dead" was sent to him. Maybe there could be a chance of another Stooges record in memory of Ron if Iggy was sent more music.

Sad I just can't accept hes gone.
Back to top Go down
-E-

-E-

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:39 pm

I actually gasped when I saw the news. This isn't what I wanted to post about when I came back to these boards!

I am so glad I took the chance to see the Stooges when I had it, two years ago. That was a great show, and I'd be kicking myself hard now if I hadn't gone.

For what it's worth, the AP is now reporting that it appears he left us from natural causes. Still, he was too young of a guy for that.

*sigh*
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1412440797&ref=
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:53 pm

i always figured ron would be the last out of the trio to die considering he wasnt as badly into drugs like iggy and scott. i read in please kill me that ron was against the drugs like heroin and coke that the other two were doing. i still find this so shocking to know hes gone. Sad
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:56 pm

I know its so unfair! He was against hard drugs and always treated his fellow band members and fans really well. Then...hes gone. Sad
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:01 am

Yes, always the best ones who go... Btw G, just thought I should mention that it's 2009, not 2008... It's easy to do that at the start of the new year!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:03 am

i always thought he's be the first myself, altho at 90 not 60, thats the worst part

but did he not still do coke i remember reading, and obviously he drank

always thought iggy would live longest, hope they all live longer than me, i dont think i can lose anymore, one is too much, well daves bad enough let alone the other smaller 'guest' bandmembers and roadies, but this is unbelievable
Back to top Go down
Gimme some skin

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:12 am

I couldn't believe it. This is a disaster.

So many questions ... Man, so sad. RIP.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:16 am

world's forgotten boy wrote:
Yes, always the best ones who go... Btw G, just thought I should mention that it's 2009, not 2008... It's easy to do that at the start of the new year!

Thanks for correcting me WFB
Back to top Go down
sweet_sixteen

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:23 am

This thread should read The Stooges are dead, Ron Asheton's passing is truely the passing of an era in rock music, he was never appreciated for his talents or the impact he singlehandedly had, but without his powerful feedback laden grooves behind classics like No Fun, or I Wanna Be Your Dog, TV Eye and so many others, Iggy would not have had the basis to prance and contort himself on stages across America and the world. I can't believe this is how the end comes, but it is here and I don't think I'll totally grasp it for some time. I just feel especially blessed to have seen one of his (and the band's) final shows last August in Montreal. Its a memory that i'll always keep close. R.I.P. Ron.
Back to top Go down
Gimme some skin

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:25 am

Quote :
Detective Sgt Jim Stephenson told local paper Ann Arbor News that foul play is not suspected. He added that Asheton's body was found on a living-room sofa, and that he appeared to have been dead for at least several days.

No
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:27 am

Quote :
Detective Sgt Jim Stephenson told local paper Ann Arbor News that foul play is not suspected. He added that Asheton's body was found on a living-room sofa, and that he appeared to have been dead for at least several days.

Thats no way for a legend to go. No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ron may be dead   Ron may be dead - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ron may be dead
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: