Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reformed Stooges recordings?

Go down 
+5
Luzern
Donald
Shakes
dynamite boogie
jpod
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Reformed Stooges recordings? Empty
PostSubject: Reformed Stooges recordings?   Reformed Stooges recordings? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:06 am

Hi everyone,
This is my first post but I've been readin the forum for a couple years now.
With the 'too sad for words' passing of Ron, the prospect of hearing new recordings would seem doubtful (but i've still my fingers crossed)

Thats why I wanna make sure I haven't missed out on anything - and would appreciate all your help with any info. Forgive me if this info has been discussed elsewhere on the forum.

This is what I've got;
4 tracks from "skull ring"
"the weirdness" (+4 vinyl bonus tracks)
"You better run" from Junior Kimbrough Tribute

As for live stuff;
Live in Detroit (dvd)
Escaped Maniacs (dvd)
Telluric Chaos

I guess there's probably loads of live bootlegs too but I'm not too bothered unless it's decent quality.

cheers
Back to top Go down
dynamite boogie

dynamite boogie

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Reformed Stooges recordings?   Reformed Stooges recordings? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:43 am

escaped maniacs was originaly released in australia as a single dvd . other than that i can't think of anything else.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redelektra69
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Reformed Stooges recordings?   Reformed Stooges recordings? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:58 am

dynamite boogie wrote:
escaped maniacs was originaly released in australia as a single dvd . other than that i can't think of anything else.

live at the lokerse festival.

the euro release of escaped maniacs is the dvd and a cd. the u.s. release is two dvds.
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

PostSubject: Re: Reformed Stooges recordings?   Reformed Stooges recordings? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:31 pm

Cheers

Yeah I've got the euro release.

I havent really compared escaped maniacs cd with telluric chaos but I think maybe the guitar sound is better on "maniacs"

What u guys think?
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Reformed Stooges recordings?   Reformed Stooges recordings? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:48 pm

I assume you've got both versions of You Better Run.
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

PostSubject: Re: Reformed Stooges recordings?   Reformed Stooges recordings? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:57 pm

oh yeah. i do. i forgot to mention that.
Back to top Go down
dynamite boogie

dynamite boogie

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Reformed Stooges recordings?   Reformed Stooges recordings? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:56 pm

my idea of fun was available as a promo only cd single and free and freaky was available as a download only single.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redelektra69
Luzern

Luzern

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Reformed Stooges recordings?   Reformed Stooges recordings? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:33 pm

Shakes wrote:
dynamite boogie wrote:

live at the lokerse festival.

the euro release of escaped maniacs is the dvd and a cd. the u.s. release is two dvds.

I have the Euro release of Escaped Maniacs in cardboard fold-out sleeve. It includes TWO DVDs and ONE CD. DVD Content: Lokerse concert, Lokerse concert director's cut, interviews with Iggy, Ron and Scott, Iggy short documentary, interview with a friend of Iggy. CD: Lokerse concert audio.

Oh, and the Telluric Chaos CD is available in jewel case and also in cardboard sleeve edition (same artwork for both).

Ten songs of the 2006 Montreux performance were broadcast on Swiss TV.
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

PostSubject: Re: Reformed Stooges recordings?   Reformed Stooges recordings? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:41 pm

Luzern wrote:

I have the Euro release of Escaped Maniacs in cardboard fold-out sleeve. It includes TWO DVDs and ONE CD. DVD Content: Lokerse concert, Lokerse concert director's cut, interviews with Iggy, Ron and Scott, Iggy short documentary, interview with a friend of Iggy. CD: Lokerse concert audio.

Oh, and the Telluric Chaos CD is available in jewel case and also in cardboard sleeve edition (same artwork for both).

Ten songs of the 2006 Montreux performance were broadcast on Swiss TV.

yeah...you're right about escaped maniacs..my mistake. Smile
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

PostSubject: Re: Reformed Stooges recordings?   Reformed Stooges recordings? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:43 pm

jpod wrote:
Cheers

Yeah I've got the euro release.

I havent really compared escaped maniacs cd with telluric chaos but I think maybe the guitar sound is better on "maniacs"

What u guys think?

Escaped Maniacs (Lokerse, August 6, 2005) has clean soundboard audio. Telluric Chaos (Tokyo, March 22, 2004) has more ambience from the hall, almost like an excellent audience tape.
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

PostSubject: Re: Reformed Stooges recordings?   Reformed Stooges recordings? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:48 pm

Luzern wrote:

Escaped Maniacs (Lokerse, August 6, 2005) has clean soundboard audio. Telluric Chaos (Tokyo, March 22, 2004) has more ambience from the hall, almost like an excellent audience tape.

it actually seems that the release is the audience recording that surfaced a while after the show. i also have a promo cdr that features the recording with gaps in-between tracks.
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

PostSubject: Re: Reformed Stooges recordings?   Reformed Stooges recordings? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:51 pm

Thanks, Shakes I always suspected it to be an audience recording. Great CD nontheless!
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

PostSubject: Re: Reformed Stooges recordings?   Reformed Stooges recordings? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:56 pm

By the way, does anyone know of a version of "Mind Room" that is longer than the usual 60–90 secs?
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Reformed Stooges recordings?   Reformed Stooges recordings? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 6:14 pm

Heres a link to a download of a full Stooges gig in good sound quality:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8BC7AOU1

And here's the setlist:

Loose
Down On The Street
I Wanna Be Your Dog
T.V. Eye
Dirt
Real Cool Time
No Fun
Mindroom
Fun House/L.A. Blues
Skull Ring
My Idea Of Fun
Search And Destroy
I Got A Right
Little Electric Chair
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

PostSubject: Re: Reformed Stooges recordings?   Reformed Stooges recordings? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 6:24 pm

Wow! Thanks, G, F#, E!!!!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Reformed Stooges recordings?   Reformed Stooges recordings? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 6:25 pm

No rpoblem, the original torrent got taken down so I thought it deserved to be put up again Smile
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

PostSubject: Re: Reformed Stooges recordings?   Reformed Stooges recordings? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:46 pm

YEAH Thanks G,F#, E!

thats sweet.
Search and destroy & I got a right - love those songs!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Garageman

Garageman

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Reformed Stooges recordings?   Reformed Stooges recordings? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:47 pm

Thanks G,F#, E!

It was thrilling to hear Search and Destroy and I Got a Right by this line-up, although to be honest I did enjoy hearing My Idea of Fun and Electric Chair almost as much. In my opinion the latter especially seems to work better live.
Back to top Go down
seventeen

seventeen

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Reformed Stooges recordings?   Reformed Stooges recordings? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:59 pm

There shall be a full listing set up of everything available on the new Stooges 2003-2008 on both video and mp3 soundboards recordings (no low quality stuff).
Back to top Go down
http://www.seventeenrecords.com
Chazz Avery

Chazz Avery

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Reformed Stooges recordings?   Reformed Stooges recordings? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 6:14 pm

Don't forget about the Madonna songs. This is the best version I've found. The Stooges performance is about 3/4 of the way into the file.

http://mfile.akamai.com/48287/wmv/bestbuy1.download.akamai.com/48287/2008_vod/07_madonna_1.wmv
Back to top Go down
http://beatlesource.com/chazz
Luzern

Luzern

PostSubject: Re: Reformed Stooges recordings?   Reformed Stooges recordings? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:14 pm

Does anyone have the Madonna songs in stereo? Love the start of Ray Of Light with just Ron at full volume!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reformed Stooges recordings?   Reformed Stooges recordings? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reformed Stooges recordings?
Page 1 of 1