Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hall of Shame - share your anger!

Go down 
+7
Angusyd van Hyman
Chemmy
adams66
JW82
Nadja
G, F#, E
Paul T
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

Hall of Shame - share your anger! Empty
PostSubject: Hall of Shame - share your anger!   Hall of Shame - share your anger! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 9:45 pm

THis should've appeared a fortnight ago = hopefully you're all still angry! PLesae post & share your thoughts!

Stooges Hall of Fame rant
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Shame - share your anger!   Hall of Shame - share your anger! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:23 pm

Are you ready? Well a one, two, fuck-you pricks...

WHY THE FUCK ARE THE STOOGES NOT IN THE ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME?! Mad

SEVEN TIMES?! That’s an achievement actually, the music business still doesn't accept them. Well ha, ha jokes on them. Who's going to be influenced and changed by these critics when they pass away? Nobody. The Stooges on the other hand will be remembered for decades to come as the band who changed it all even though they will never be given just praised.

"The Mammas and the Papas" have gotten in, HOW THE HELL?! Mindless, pointless music that has done nothing to music as a whole while The Stooges a band who made countless genres - punk rock, jazz-rock, modern hard rock, heavy metal, grunge, alternative rock, noise rock, I could go on and on and on and on and... – don’t get in!

Not to mention the countless stage moves Iggy has invented.

What we have here are stupid pretentious music critics who're wanking over record sales. Constantly going with popular opinion and when they're proved wrong they act like they believed it all along. BULLSHIT!

Another thing that’s shocking is some of the comments left on that page. Most about how "Iggy is ugly", if I look like that 60 year old man does when I'm 50 I'll be more than happy. Those people are pricks judging on appearances because they aren't looking moody on the cover of the "NME" or "Kerrang!”

But one comment particularly struck me:

"The Stooges absolutely do NOT belong in the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame. Most people cannot name one Stooges song outside of "Lust For Life"."

This person is obviously an idiot with no musical knowledge. But this is all explained when it becomes apparent that The Stooges killed his favourite music, prog-rock. Laughing One more reason to love The Stooges!

"That said, the Stooges probably will get in someday, because the idiots in charge of the Hall Of Shame just LOVE punk and new wave bands, but hate hard rock and prog. Come on, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Rush, Yes, Genesis, Heart and Deep Purple aren't in the HOF, but the Sex Pistols and Patti Smith are? Give me a break!"

As we all know SO many people were inspired by Yes. Rolling Eyes

On the subject of Yes, let me ask you something about the recent "1969 MOJO Special" in the "best albums of 1969 list", Paul - WHY ON EARTH WAS YES' DEBUT ABOVE THE STOOGES DEBUT?! Evil or Very Mad

Stupidity of the highest damn level!

Nevermind. The R&RHOF can all go listen to their bland shit they have while I stay in bliss with 3 perfect albums, a ton of perfect songs that were never properly released and one great reunion record as well as the amazing tracks released before it. Not to mention the memory of a gig I went to see which I accurately describe as “The greatest day of my life”

"We're the hardest working band in the business, I don't care if we're the best" - Iggy Pop, 1973

Well they were and are the best band ever in “the business”. Taking The Stooges age out of it you're still left with an unbelievable live band. Even with Iggy's onstage antics you're left with a great band.

If Ron's death (a guy who lived for rock and roll) won't get them in. Nothing will. They'll remain an obscurity. A wonderful, mindblowing obscurity.

But maybe we shouldn't hate the idiotic critics, after all in the words of The Stooges themselves to the haters "We don't hate you, we don't even care."

Last edited by G, F#, E on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:58 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Needed to use some bold to emphasize my anger at the R&RHOF and Yes even more. XD)
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Shame - share your anger!   Hall of Shame - share your anger! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:40 pm

of course there's different ways of looking at this, but it's not an issue for me, really, I certainly don't work in the music business in any capacity, if I did maybe it would be more of an issue. As it is, it doesn't change anything for me.

Maybe this is a naive question Smile but what essential difference would it make if they did get in? Thankfully there are quite a few people over the years - over the decades - who've come to a proper appreciation of The Stooges, and what they're all about, without the HOF. That's bound to continue.

also, from what's being said, it's all VERY much a commercial thing, this HOF. And The Stooges have always had this edgy, outsider quality (and I don't just mean in their association with punk) otherwise they wouldn't have had the kind of special influence that they have had, and will continue to have.

Last edited by Nadja on Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Shame - share your anger!   Hall of Shame - share your anger! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:55 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
But one comment particularly struck me:

"The Stooges absolutely do NOT belong in the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame. Most people cannot name one Stooges song outside of "Lust For Life"."]

Yeah, I've heard that before. When I was at the Stooges gig 2 years ago, some guy told me 'Stooges DID Lust For Life, of course'...LOL...I was like 'Yeah, right. Aha, cool, OK!' Very Happy

Last edited by JamesWilliamson82 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Shame - share your anger!   Hall of Shame - share your anger! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:34 pm

Wow G, F#, E - that really does say it all. I doubt I could add anything to your very well put, and clearly extremely heartfelt post.
I reckon we all feel like that, but thanks for saying it.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
Chemmy

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Shame - share your anger!   Hall of Shame - share your anger! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:46 pm

i'm not being funny or trying to antagonise but who gives a fuck if they're inducted into the hall of fame..... that piece of recognition doesn't mean anything. i think its more of a disgrace that they performed there for madonna...
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Shame - share your anger!   Hall of Shame - share your anger! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:57 pm

adams66 wrote:
Wow G, F#, E - that really does say it all. I doubt I could add anything to your very well put, and clearly extremely heartfelt post.
I reckon we all feel like that, but thanks for saying it.
Cheers,
Richard

Thanks Richard Smile
Back to top Go down
Angusyd van Hyman

Angusyd van Hyman

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Shame - share your anger!   Hall of Shame - share your anger! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:59 pm

On one side, it is clear that this R'N'R Hall Of Fame wouldn't add anything, and also that it would be uncool to be inducted in there. (although I don't use the notions of "cool" and "uncool" much)
But, on the other side, wouldn't it have been like a huge "fuck you" to the rock establishment ?
What pisses me off is the importance that this "running gag" has gained over the years. I don't blame anyone, I don't know how bands get nominated and then how they get inducted, but to me the efforts to make the Stooes "fit" in this thing are a little ... I'd say "pathetic", can't find a better word.
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Shame - share your anger!   Hall of Shame - share your anger! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:04 am

The Stooges don't need it,they're above that.
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Shame - share your anger!   Hall of Shame - share your anger! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 4:49 pm

It would great if they got the recognition but RnRHOF seems to be all about money anyway (hey, what isn't!)

On the Escaped Maniacs DVD extra features Scott Asheton even talks about how the Pistols probably couldn't afford to go to their induction cuz it's however many thousands of bucks for a table at the ceremony.
that blows.
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Shame - share your anger!   Hall of Shame - share your anger! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:08 pm

The Stooges don't need the Hall of Fame.

But the music industry should show due respect for a band that have netted them billions of dollars, both directly and indirectly.

DO post your thouhts on the Yahoo blog, though, if you have time - SOMEONE needs to stick up for the band!

Hall of shame
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Shame - share your anger!   Hall of Shame - share your anger! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:26 pm

Quote :

On the Escaped Maniacs DVD extra features Scott Asheton even talks about how the Pistols probably couldn't afford to go to their induction cuz it's however many thousands of bucks for a table at the ceremony.
that blows.

wow, didnt know that, fuckin HOF bastards

ive already spoken about this on antoehr thread and i think ive said my bit and have made peace with them not gettin in this year, infact, i always hated the fact HOF wouldnt let them in, this was their last year for me, i dont care anymore, really, doesnt bother me in the slightest, madonna was bad enough but run dmc? neither are rock and roll, its all money

and thats fine, like i said i dont care

but its not about my opinion, i remember hearing/watching a Ron interview and he was laughing at it, them not gettin in, i think at the time of the interview theyd been rejected 5 times, he was saying on one hand he doesnt care, cause he knows its bullshit, and he/they wore it as a badge of honour that they were too cool for it or something lol, typical Ron

but on the other hand he said it wouldve been nice to be considered along with their heroes in their like beatles, stones etc, so im sure that wouldve been nice, and especially with their reunion and everything i think they wouldve appreciated the nod, but probably not have cared more than that

to my mind, bias stoogephile or not, i think theyve done more for music or at least as much as beatles stones etc, future generations will probly see the 'musical' map, in terms of rock n roll, as elvis - dylan - beatles/stones - stooges - strokes/white stripes

(obviously theres more, but im just tryna cut it down, and im just typing this quickly so dont have time to think)

and i dont think we're finished with the stooges influence, 40 years after they started!

im almost fed up reading in album reviews for almost every new album or new band "...sounds like stooges" or ''...defintie stooges influence" or "...stooges are their favourite badn" or the lead singers like a young iggy or something, but i also like it

elvis kinda kicked it all off, rock n roll, and pop music and popular culture, that kinda thing, then dylan just fucked it up lol, totally amazing stuff, and made it art if you want, or poetry, beatles and stones took from both them, and then people were influenced by them, and then you had stooges, if you look at it though, and this is why i say theyre more influential than those other guys, cause elvis influenced rock n roll, he didnt create anything, he kinda influenced or started the whole showmanship thing, and dylan helped rock and roll in the 65/66 period, but influenced the singer/songwriter thing or folky thing, and stones just did everyhting more, and beatles did the whole popular thing, and all that, im gettin tired, anyway.....

stooges on the other hand created, well, punk as we know, but metal (along with others), grunge, 'alternative' music, which is a label almost as broad as punk, and many more

theyve created like 20 new genres of music and have affected 40 years of music

anyway, damn this has turned into something of a diatribe, lol, but i dont care anymore about the HOF, i wouldve liked it for Rons sake, when he was alive, because of the reasons he stated in the interview, but i dunno, i think if they want it, thats great, personally, 7 times is too much, they shouldve been inducted along with the people ive mentioned, right at the very start, with or without huge amounts of sales

Quote :
The Stooges don't need the Hall of Fame.

But the music industry should show due respect for a band that have netted them billions of dollars, both directly and indirectly.

yeh true, and the dolls, amean kiss and aerosmith have net worths of like a billion dollars, each! and they just ripped them off completely

Last edited by homesickjameswilliamson on Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Shame - share your anger!   Hall of Shame - share your anger! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:30 pm

Paul T wrote:
DO post your thouhts on the Yahoo blog, though, if you have time - SOMEONE needs to stick up for the band!

Hall of shame

DONE

Last edited by ZinZin on Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Shame - share your anger!   Hall of Shame - share your anger! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:41 pm

The Stooges have nothing to prove to the music "establishment." They were always outside it. Despite this, the power and influence of their original 3 albums (released between 36 and 40 years ago, let's not forget!) is immeasurable. Without even knowing it, they invented Punk for Christ's sake! Anti-establishment by definition, and proud of it! Other acts in the HOF will be largely forgotten over time - The Stooges will always be being discovered by new generations of real music lovers. That's more than good enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Shame - share your anger!   Hall of Shame - share your anger! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hall of Shame - share your anger!
Page 1 of 1