Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raw Power era concert film

Go down 
+4
neven
Nitebob
Stranger09
Chazz Avery
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chazz Avery

Chazz Avery

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Raw Power era concert film Empty
PostSubject: Raw Power era concert film   Raw Power era concert film Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 6:54 pm

This might have been touched on before but I don't recall it. This South Bank clip features some Raw Power era concert clips. Where are they from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cX0chCXeYg
Back to top Go down
http://beatlesource.com/chazz
Stranger09

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power era concert film   Raw Power era concert film Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 7:10 pm

Shame the sound has had to be dubbed...could just be a fan's film on Super 8?
Back to top Go down
Nitebob

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power era concert film   Raw Power era concert film Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 8:47 pm

That looks like the Ivan Kral footage from the Academy of Music gig New Years Eve. 1973

nitebob
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power era concert film   Raw Power era concert film Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Wasn't there an audio recording of that too?

If so the audio could be dubbed onto the film footage! Smile
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power era concert film   Raw Power era concert film Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:26 am

Stranger09 wrote:

that would be great but it's a hell of a job
there's a few minutes 8mm film according to p.n.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power era concert film   Raw Power era concert film Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:40 am

neven wrote:
Stranger09 wrote:

that would be great but it's a hell of a job
there's a few minutes 8mm film according to p.n.

9 mins worth according to Per, and Cindy Krahl told me it's available for commercial projects. Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power era concert film   Raw Power era concert film Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 3:23 am

I know somebody who does this sort of synch dubbing as a hobby, thing is he's far more into Bowie than Iggy.

So I doubt I'd get lucky, but next time I do mail him I could try asking on the offchance.
Back to top Go down
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power era concert film   Raw Power era concert film Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:40 pm

It can be done - I've seen some impressive Pink Floyd boot videos where people have synced up silent 8mm film with audio from the same concerts. You just have to be patient enough to spend hours lipreading and studying hands on guitar fretboards to work out which songs they're playing!
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power era concert film   Raw Power era concert film Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 3:52 pm

Think it was done quite a bit and very well in the MC5 True Testimonial Movie. Would be great if there was a Stooges fan who was a film maker who'd do something with all the Stooges video out there.
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power era concert film   Raw Power era concert film Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 7:31 pm

We could try asking Don Letts!? Smile
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power era concert film   Raw Power era concert film Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Maybe. He was at the Royal Festival Hall gig a couple of years back. I'm not sure if he stayed for all of it though, I was concentrating on the stage Smile
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power era concert film   Raw Power era concert film Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:01 pm

Don would do a fine job I'm sure, he's focused a lot on UK punk rock in the past, d'you think he'd be up for a Stooges doc?
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power era concert film   Raw Power era concert film Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:21 pm

I was being a bit cheeky actually!

But I'm sure somebody would be up for it.

Julien Temple?
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power era concert film   Raw Power era concert film Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:27 pm

Or the guy who did the Talking Heads and Robyn Hitchcock films, likes The Fall a lot...Jonathan Demme is his name I think?

You don't ask you don't get, and with a lot of people in broadcasting suffering from the knock-on effects of the 'credit crunch' they might have time on their hands!

Smile
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power era concert film   Raw Power era concert film Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:38 pm

Too right if you don't ask you don't get. In some correspondence I had with Danny Fields last year after buying some photos from him, he told me about the Stooges 71 tapes he had - so I suggested we fans would very much like to hear them and he should get in touch with Easy Action. I think Paul T actually made the direct introduction of Carlton to Danny a few months later but I like to think I had some influence in having persuaded Danny to consider getting them officially released - hehe:)
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power era concert film   Raw Power era concert film Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:40 pm

you have correspondence with Danny mc? talk about contacts!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power era concert film   Raw Power era concert film Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:19 pm

Well done mc! I believe in trying to make things happen, and you may well have done that.

If Cincinatti really was broadcast on radio, *someone* must know about it...(by the way, at a tangent, I've been reading the Paul Trynka book it's fascinating in its detail, maybe it will mentioned in there! Smile )
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power era concert film   Raw Power era concert film Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:56 pm

Nadja wrote:
you have correspondence with Danny mc? talk about contacts!! Smile

Well it started more as commercial thing cos I wanted to buy some photos he took of the Stooges at Max's in 73, but how could I resist asking him about his tapes and other things! I mean I'm a total Stooges geek Smile He's actually a really swell guy and was very happy to talk about those times of old.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power era concert film   Raw Power era concert film Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:00 pm

Stranger09 wrote:
Well done mc! I believe in trying to make things happen, and you may well have done that.

If Cincinatti really was broadcast on radio, *someone* must know about it...(by the way, at a tangent, I've been reading the Paul Trynka book it's fascinating in its detail, maybe it will mentioned in there! Smile )

trust me, over the years I've tried to track down every potential source of unreleased original Stooge tapes / video - just to see if it really exists and to see if the owner would consider selling or releasing. 2009 seems as though it's gonna be the best year ever in this regard.

And just for the record I'm not the nutjob who's after Iggy's fingernail Smile
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power era concert film   Raw Power era concert film Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:30 pm

don't worry I can relate to wanting to track down all of someone's music without wanting to stalk them! Smile

Great that you're online here, and at a time that's sadly seen the death of Ron, but on the other hand the possibility of more Stooges recordings emerging!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power era concert film   Raw Power era concert film Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raw Power era concert film
Page 1 of 1