Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Real Cool Time On Record Store Day

Go down 
+6
PSYCHEDELIC_STOOGE
Donald
larry fine
Blitzkid
Nadja
homesickjameswilliamson
10 posters
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Real Cool Time On Record Store Day Empty
PostSubject: Real Cool Time On Record Store Day   Real Cool Time On Record Store Day Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:15 pm

Just read in "Guide", a supplement that comes along with the Guardian, that Record Store Day is next saturday and the 1969 single with bside Real Cool Time will be released to commemorate it

Real Cool Time On Record Store Day Stooges-1969singlejpg

i've read about this in regard to other artists like Tom Waits and Bob Dylan, each are releasing a 7" single as well, Tom Waits' one is Bottom of the World i think, a live version done on the Glitter & Doom tour

edit: -

heres the article, no mention of it, but you can see it in the examples

Real Cool Time On Record Store Day Scan300001-1

Last edited by homesickjameswilliamson on Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Real Cool Time On Record Store Day   Real Cool Time On Record Store Day Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 7:37 pm

I just welcome any excuse to see that photo from the cover of the '1969' single. LOVE it.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Real Cool Time On Record Store Day   Real Cool Time On Record Store Day Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:32 pm

it'd be nice in a 7" vinyl if thats what they're doing it

i'd buy it for that, i love album artwork, and always loved stooges album artwork, usually artwork has nothing to do with the content of the album, but stooges covers show whats on the inside too, like the bored expressions of the first album, the crazy trippy LSD-like visuals of funhouse and the scary, deathtrip iggy on raw power

still havent figured out weirdness yet, i think its deliberately blank as if to say dont look at this, listen to it, this is us now, that kinda thing
Back to top Go down
Blitzkid

Blitzkid

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Real Cool Time On Record Store Day   Real Cool Time On Record Store Day Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 4:38 pm

Looks great, too bad there's no record store around here, well, maybe I can score one afterwards.
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Real Cool Time On Record Store Day   Real Cool Time On Record Store Day Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 12:44 am

I got me 1969/Real Cool Time 45 today. It seems that they were either very scarce or went very fast. I was in three different stores today and only one had them. Luckily for me I know the owner and called him last night to see if he had any. He did (and also had the MC5 single) and put one of each away for me. I arrived at the store about 5 minutes after they opened and all of the Stooges and MC5 45s that he had were sold out.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Real Cool Time On Record Store Day   Real Cool Time On Record Store Day Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 4:21 am

wow, glad to you got it larry fine, has it been changed, like is it rematered or anything like that?

also what was the MC5 one?
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Real Cool Time On Record Store Day   Real Cool Time On Record Store Day Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:53 pm

I got mine at Rough Trade East (Stooges, MC5 and Dead Weather). They had loads of them but the Tom Waits had all gone by the time I got there.
Back to top Go down
PSYCHEDELIC_STOOGE

PSYCHEDELIC_STOOGE

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Real Cool Time On Record Store Day   Real Cool Time On Record Store Day Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:35 pm

I went on down to Ann Arbor and they were all sold out. I did pick up the 2 Sonic Youth 7"s
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Real Cool Time On Record Store Day   Real Cool Time On Record Store Day Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:29 am

Luckily I had a game friend visiting -- she waitied in one LONG line while I ran crosstown to an obscure townhouse basement type shop and SCORED! This 7” is a remaster from the original analogue tapes.

cb drunken
http://iggypop.org
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
Donald

PostSubject: Re: Real Cool Time On Record Store Day   Real Cool Time On Record Store Day Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:10 am

PSYCHEDELIC_STOOGE wrote:
I went on down to Ann Arbor and they were all sold out. I did pick up the 2 Sonic Youth 7"s

While Rough Trade had loads of the Stooges and MC5 singles you had to win a raffle to be able to buy the Sonic Youth singles!
Back to top Go down
comaman

comaman

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Real Cool Time On Record Store Day   Real Cool Time On Record Store Day Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:33 pm

There's a number of the Stooges 7" on ebay. I bought a sealed one for $15.00....
Back to top Go down
Donald

PostSubject: Re: Real Cool Time On Record Store Day   Real Cool Time On Record Store Day Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:51 pm

They weren't sealed in the UK but someone is selling them for 3.99 plus postage. They aren't that rare so don't get carried away.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Real Cool Time On Record Store Day   Real Cool Time On Record Store Day Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:05 pm

Mine was $6 unsealed sleeve.
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
dynamite boogie

dynamite boogie

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Real Cool Time On Record Store Day   Real Cool Time On Record Store Day Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:36 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redelektra69
iggy-fan
I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Real Cool Time On Record Store Day   Real Cool Time On Record Store Day Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:57 pm

dynamite boogie wrote:
rough trade are selling them on ebay at a sensible price http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260396718416

Shit!
I was too fast again. 15 box was it for mine.
Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
comaman

comaman

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Real Cool Time On Record Store Day   Real Cool Time On Record Store Day Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:05 pm

Yeah, seems we were a little fast on the trigger this time... :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real Cool Time On Record Store Day   Real Cool Time On Record Store Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Real Cool Time On Record Store Day
Page 1 of 1