Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

iggy at the manchester apollo

Go down 
+5
Shakes
Medford Mike
gazatthebop
jpod
Chemmy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemmy

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-06-10

iggy at the manchester apollo Empty
PostSubject: iggy at the manchester apollo   iggy at the manchester apollo Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 10:09 pm

is there a full video of the gig from the lust for life tour? the one where he's wearing a horses tail... a couple of songs were played on that old tv show that tony wilson used to present and there's footage of the passenger on youtube... just thinking how much id like to see the entire gig.
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: iggy at the manchester apollo   iggy at the manchester apollo Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:08 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Punk-Various-Artists/dp/6302627230

not the full gig but this is the video that includes the 2 apollo songs (lust n passengers) plus great performances by joy division, clash, jam, buzzcocks etc.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: iggy at the manchester apollo   iggy at the manchester apollo Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 12:02 am

the tony wilson programme was called "So it goes" iggy was interviewed on that in '77. Tony asked iggy why he called his album "The Idiot" Iggy's reply was that he felt like one, Iggy was holding a wine glass and you could tell he was trying to break it with one hand but it didn't happen. Think that show was only aired in the Manchester region but could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: iggy at the manchester apollo   iggy at the manchester apollo Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 4:04 pm

Isn't the "Lust for Live 77" CD from that Manchester show?
Back to top Go down
Medford Mike

Medford Mike

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: iggy at the manchester apollo   iggy at the manchester apollo Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 12:30 am

"Is there a full video of the gig from the lust for life tour? the one where he's wearing a horses tail... a couple of songs were played on that old tv show that tony wilson used to present and there's footage of the passenger on youtube... just thinking how much id like to see the entire gig."

I'm with you Chemmy: The Passenger and Lust for Life videos from Manchester in 1977 are my favorite Iggy videos; I would also love to see the whole show. Anyone know if additional footage exists?
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: iggy at the manchester apollo   iggy at the manchester apollo Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 12:39 am

the full uncut footage of "so it goes" was put to dvd recently in trading circles. you can even see the commercial bummers, with no commercials of course. all that is taped is what has been circulated for years. "lust for life" + "the passenger". also included is the interview as well.
Back to top Go down
PineappleExpress
Pumpin' for Jill
PineappleExpress

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: iggy at the manchester apollo   iggy at the manchester apollo Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 3:32 am

gazatthebop wrote:

I know that those two songs were not the only ones played at the concert. They played a few more including "I Got a Right". Lust for Life 1977 has 3 songs from manchester recorded by mobile studio.
Back to top Go down
PineappleExpress
Pumpin' for Jill
PineappleExpress

PostSubject: Re: iggy at the manchester apollo   iggy at the manchester apollo Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:25 am

Apollo Manchester gig (sept. 25) playlist:

Sixteen
Lust for Life
The Passenger
I Got A Right
Neighbourhood Threat
Fall In Love With Me
Jenny Take A Ride
Nightclubbing
Some Weird Sin
Thats How Strong My Love Is
I Wanna Be Your Dog
Back to top Go down
Medford Mike

Medford Mike

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: iggy at the manchester apollo   iggy at the manchester apollo Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:23 am

I'd love to see a video of Neighborhood Threat from this gig!
Back to top Go down
sweet_sixteen

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: iggy at the manchester apollo   iggy at the manchester apollo Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 3:10 am

Is "Jenny Take a Ride" a cover? I've never heard of that song before.
Back to top Go down
Caesar'sWorld

Caesar'sWorld

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: iggy at the manchester apollo   iggy at the manchester apollo Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 6:12 am

sweet_sixteen wrote:
Is "Jenny Take a Ride" a cover? I've never heard of that song before.

yes it is. actually it's on the soundtrack of an early 70's biker's film starring ann-margret that i just happened to watch :-)
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: iggy at the manchester apollo   iggy at the manchester apollo Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:53 am

Jenny Take a Ride was first performed by Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels.

Chalk another one up for a Detroit boy!
Back to top Go down
PineappleExpress
Pumpin' for Jill
PineappleExpress

PostSubject: Re: iggy at the manchester apollo   iggy at the manchester apollo Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 8:21 pm

Jenny Take A Ride is on the album Live at The Hippodrome
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: iggy at the manchester apollo   iggy at the manchester apollo Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:56 pm

gazatthebop wrote:

I didnt know that. excellent!
A compilation of those Tony Wilson's TV recordings were shown around 1991 in the uk. That show exposed me to loads of great 70's punk bands.
I videoed it and then taped the Iggy songs by placing the mike next to my tv speaker so i could listen to them on my walkman (remember them!)

it was the first time i every heard iggy and it blew me away. he looked scary as fuck.
i remember i was at art college at the time and my friend had done a weird life drawing of a man with square looking feet (it was his style) in green crayon.
next to the guy he wrote the legend 'I'm worth a million in prizes'
good memories...

i'll hafta get a hold of those live audios.
theyre sooo brilliant
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: iggy at the manchester apollo   iggy at the manchester apollo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

iggy at the manchester apollo
Page 1 of 1