Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raw Power LIVES!

Go down 
+37
ggriffin
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
adams66
sweet_sixteen
Shakes
Radish
dorianmode
Funhouse
world's forgotten boy
Luzern
sheddy
trailerborn
popmansam
Donald
heavy liquid
Paddy08
don_vercetti
Rob Gallucci
freemind
jimmyo
iggy-fan
Rode Hard
marinesgdb
lolakelly
Garageman
Gimme some skin
pernil
Loose1969
EmmaUK
G, F#, E
Stranger09
homesickjameswilliamson
mc
Nadja
JW82
TED
cb
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Lucas

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Raw Power LIVES! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 6:01 pm

Great news! I hope of course they will tour, which seems probable, and that they also play songs from The Stooges and Funhouse. It would be very strange and unsatisfying to have 5 years (almost) without raw power songs followed by a period of no stooges and funhouse songs.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 7:36 pm

I don't think sax would make much sence on Raw Power stuff. I didn't really like the sax on a handful of stooges tracks they did live. if doing Kill City songs, I would say to get the original sax player, because he has a style much different than Mackay dose... (I actually loved the sax parts on the Kill City album!)
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
Half Alive Incubator Baby
jimmyo

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:39 pm

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
I don't think sax would make much sence on Raw Power stuff. I didn't really like the sax on a handful of stooges tracks they did live. if doing Kill City songs, I would say to get the original sax player, because he has a style much different than Mackay dose... (I actually loved the sax parts on the Kill City album!)
definitely. Johanna would be unthinkable w/o a sax.

also, as far as keyboards go, i hope they break out some metallic KO stuff. the piano kicked ass on that album.

i figure a good starting point is the complete raw power album, rich bitch, cock in my pocket, head on, louie louie. kill city, johanna.
(anything else would be gravy, maybe scene of the crime or sick of you, etc....obviously, length of the show will dictate whether or not they want to work in stuff like pinpoint eyes, open up and bleed, etc...)
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:52 pm

I'm sure that they will use Steve McKay as a utility man. Being a jazz-bo, he's probably fluent on several instruments: piano for 'Raw Power' and 'I Need Somebody', sax on the Kill City stuff, harp on 'Bleed' (not that they will play it or any other bootleg stuff), celeste on 'Penetration'. Maybe a little rhythm guitar to fill out the sound.

Just as long as Steve Jones isn't involved. His paw-prints are all over the absolute worst of Iggy's solo stuff. ('Family Affair' anyone? 'Cold Metal'?) If they insist on drafting an 'outsider' for rhythm, then I'd prefer Whitey. The Trolls stuff on Skull Ring blew away the (still rusty) Stooges material IMO.
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:30 pm

jimmyo wrote:
definitely. Johanna would be unthinkable w/o a sax.
kill city was recorded without sax,it was added 3 years later

also, as far as keyboards go, i hope they break out some metallic KO stuff. the piano kicked ass on that album.

i figure a good starting point is the complete raw power album, rich bitch, cock in my pocket, head on, louie louie. kill city, johanna.
(anything else would be gravy, maybe scene of the crime or sick of you, etc....obviously, length of the show will dictate whether or not they want to work in stuff like pinpoint eyes, open up and bleed, etc...)
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:31 pm

trailerborn wrote:
I'm sure that they will use Steve McKay as a utility man. Being a jazz-bo, he's probably fluent on several instruments: piano for 'Raw Power' and 'I Need Somebody', sax on the Kill City stuff, harp on 'Bleed' (not that they will play it or any other bootleg stuff), celeste on 'Penetration'. Maybe a little rhythm guitar to fill out the sound.

Just as long as Steve Jones isn't involved. His paw-prints are all over the absolute worst of Iggy's solo stuff. ('Family Affair' anyone? 'Cold Metal'?) If they insist on drafting an 'outsider' for rhythm, then I'd prefer Whitey. The Trolls stuff on Skull Ring blew away the (still rusty) Stooges material IMO.

Personally I think that Stooges material on Skull Ring was a lot better than the Weirdness album. Only 'O Solo Mio' can concur with these 4 tracks on Skull Ring. And even if Steve Jones isn't involved, still I'd prefer Deniz Tek of Radio Birdman. Well, To each his own Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:43 pm

Tek would be cool, also. I've seen him play w/ various Radio Birdman/Scott Morgan offshoots and he's surely up to the task.

But is'nt he a doctor now or something?
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:59 pm

JW82 wrote:
trailerborn wrote:

Personally I think that Stooges material on Skull Ring was a lot better than the Weirdness album. Only 'O Solo Mio' can concur with these 4 tracks on Skull Ring. And even if Steve Jones isn't involved, still I'd prefer Deniz Tek of Radio Birdman. Well, To each his own Smile

I agree about the Skull Ring (Stooges)part. Definitely better than The Weirdness IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 12:08 am

i dunno, skull ring was good, but they all sounded pretty similar, and even forgettable, for example, when we heard one of the destroy all monsters songs, or some song from Ron's other bands, cant remember which, i think it may have been wylde ratttz, it was the same riff as dead rock star i think, and i knew i knew the riff and it took ages for me to remember the song, whereas the weirdness songs are all memorable

its just two different sounds, but i think skull ring was pretty same-y, i didnt think weirdness was same-y at all
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 12:49 am

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
for example, when we heard one of the destroy all monsters songs, or some song from Ron's other bands, cant remember which, i think it may have been wylde ratttz, it was the same riff as dead rock star i think, and i knew i knew the riff and it took ages for me to remember the song, whereas the weirdness songs are all memorable

I think you're on about "Hot Shot" by Wylde Ratttz, it's main riff is quite similar to one used in "Dead Rock Star". Personally I like the stuff on "Skull Ring" and "The Weirdness" alot. Personally I found the 4 bonus tracks on "The Weirdness" the best stuff on it and the title track on "Skull Ring" to be the standout track on the album.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 1:02 am

skull ring never made sense to me til i heard it live, even on telluric chaos, it didnt seem to sit well against the ''classics'', but when i heard it live, i thought it was amazing, and perfectly sat beside anything they've ever done, and the rest of the songs were great

i really like the weirdness, i think im bias, well not bias but i think i like it more because i actually bought it and it was the first stooges album that came out when i was alive, but i still really love listening to it, and really like it

is denis tek really a doctor?
Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 4:53 am

As long as we are reaching for the stars, how about D. Bowie on keyboards? Its not as if he hasnt done it before, so he knows the songs, plus he can sing , play sax and guitar! Perfect!
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 10:21 am

I'm a big Bowie fan, and I did / do like his contributions on keyboard to the '77 tour.

Not sure he should back the Stooges though.

Maybe he could be at the mixing desk?

Smile
Back to top Go down
dynamite boogie

dynamite boogie

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 11:28 am

deniz tek has retired from being a pilot / medic. he has a new band called the soul movers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redelektra69
neven

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 11:44 am

dynamite boogie wrote:
deniz tek has retired from being a pilot / medic. he has a new band called the soul movers.

last years tek also did reunions of radio birdman,visitors,mc5dkt,powertrane(with ron!)and much more
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 5:10 pm

trailerborn wrote:
If they insist on drafting an 'outsider' for rhythm, then I'd prefer Whitey. The Trolls stuff on Skull Ring blew away the (still rusty) Stooges material IMO.

I absolutly agree with the above statement. Superbabe, Inferiority Complex, Blood on your cool.... some of my favs !
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 6:50 pm

popmansam wrote:
As long as we are reaching for the stars, how about D. Bowie on keyboards? Its not as if he hasnt done it before, so he knows the songs, plus he can sing , play sax and guitar! Perfect!

sounds scary...the whole thing being Bowie-ized
Back to top Go down
sweet_sixteen

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 6:55 pm

I absolutly agree with the above statement. Superbabe, Inferiority Complex, Blood on your cool.... some of my favs !

I wish they had played O Solo Mio live, that would have been an epic set closer, maybe with a big guitar riff right at the end.
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:42 pm

The original "Johanna" did not have sax.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:57 pm

StoogesMySpaceAdmin wrote:

that's good to know, as the only version I've got doesn't have sax
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 4:01 pm

Nadja wrote:
StoogesMySpaceAdmin wrote:

that's good to know, as the only version I've got doesn't have sax

Cool Yeah, it's on the BOMP! release, 'Open Up and Bleed'
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raw Power LIVES!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-