Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raw Power LIVES!

Go down 
+37
ggriffin
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
adams66
sweet_sixteen
Shakes
Radish
dorianmode
Funhouse
world's forgotten boy
Luzern
sheddy
trailerborn
popmansam
Donald
heavy liquid
Paddy08
don_vercetti
Rob Gallucci
freemind
jimmyo
iggy-fan
Rode Hard
marinesgdb
lolakelly
Garageman
Gimme some skin
pernil
Loose1969
EmmaUK
G, F#, E
Stranger09
homesickjameswilliamson
mc
Nadja
JW82
TED
cb
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Paddy08

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:45 pm

This is great fucking news. Really excited. It's no slur on Rons memory as far as I'm concerned. And I hope they do play stuff off the 1st two albums aswell. Ron was too important a guitar player for his memory to be walked on. It'll be recognised by most people at the shows, If there was no Ron initially there would be no sttoges..... Weird to find this out on the day the band I'm in is recording a version of Search And Destroy. We'll be knocking it out tonight. Hope we do it Justice not just musically (that never seems important to me!!!) But the AWESOME fucking energy of the song.. Say a stooge prayer for me people that my fingers pull off the goods. Slan.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:48 pm

Holy shit. Shocked !

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:00 pm

What's going to happen to Steve? A JW Stooges line-up doing mostly Raw Power stuff won't need a sax player.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:03 pm

guess steve will stay.. they gonna need a sax!
he is never mentioned.. sadly enough
Back to top Go down
freemind

freemind

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:26 pm

What about Scott Thurston on piano? it would be great!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:30 pm

freemind wrote:
hmmmm.. scotty thurston looks great but for me no keyboards please!!
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:32 pm

Anyway who says they'll only be playing Raw Power stuff ?
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:37 pm

Maybe James will write new songs.
Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:47 pm

So Lets Go back in time a few short days ago, like they do on scobbie do ,that wasnt you Cyd, that said'' we can forget about James ever playing Raw Power ever again'', probably your evil twin... No matter, Im saving up money now, if they lower themselves to playing for us poor crackers here in the US Im there. A 20 city tour would be nice, we could follow them around like a bunch of dead heads
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 4:50 pm

Just to be contrary, I'm not crazy about this reunion. Ron was an active musician until the end. James went straight - and good for him. (The music scene has seen enough casualties.) As someone in a technical field, I have huge respect for the guys career arc but just don't see him bringing the malevolent speedfreak guitar violence that Raw Power requires at this point.

Will James' playing now have a Hawaiian vibe (see his recent .mp3)? That would take us right back to the early days of the Psych Stooges when Iggy was strumming a Hawaiian guitar. Iggy could wear the maternity dress and maybe they could draft Scott Richardson to play the electric blender. I just wish they'd done this sooner - say the mid-80's. I feel like I suffered through Blah Blah Blah etc. for nothing.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 4:58 pm

trailerborn wrote:

Will James' playing now have a Hawaiian vibe (see his recent .mp3)? That would take us right back to the early days of the Psych Stooges when Iggy was strumming a Hawaiian guitar. Iggy could wear the maternity dress and maybe they could draft Scott Richardson to play the electric blender..

well that sure as hell wouldn't be a bad thing! Very Happy I'd really like that, bringing back the spirit of when they started out...that inventiveness, and just making noise and all
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:05 pm

" I feel like I suffered through Blah Blah Blah etc. for nothing."

I wish it had too, but happy it's going to happen.
Back to top Go down
sheddy

sheddy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:07 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
i would hope it was only Raw Power stuff, they're two very different guitarists sounds, it was great hearing Ron play search when i saw them last, but it was more a novelty, well noveltys the wrong word but it wasnt like hearing 1970 or Loose or something for the first time, Ron plays those songs, and James should play raw power, because they are 'his' songs, its his guitar

Couldn't agree more.

I really hope they end up doing something special for Ron.

I also hope that Ron's tracks might in some way end up unedited as a special feature somewhere down the road...

Good to see Mike back on bass...good to see the "Stooges" back, but has a different meaning for me now without Ron.
Under the circumstances, James was the only man that should play on guitar, so in a way, I'm happy he's back.

Miss ya though, Ron.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:27 pm

freemind wrote:

He's probably busy with Tom Petty. Besides, I agree with some of the others. NO keyboards needed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:49 pm

They do need a keyboard, a piano on 'Pinpoint Eyes'. If they're thinking of doing that one again, haha. I love that track.
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:58 pm

Wow! Such great news! I never thought this would happen. Awesome beyond believe!!!! Mike Watt stepping in on bass again under totally different circumstances, but it feels right. Artistically this opens up a whole new world. I hope this will really happen, still seems unreal! In addition to "Raw Power" some "Metallic KO" era songs would be great.
What will be the line-up? Wikipedia already lists a new line-up, but since anybody can edit the Wikipedia pages there is no way of knowing if this is official.

Current lineup [acc. to Wikipedia]

* Iggy Pop - lead vocals (1967–1971, 1972–1974, 2003–present)
* Scott Asheton - drums (1967–1971, 1972–1974, 2003–present)
* Steve MacKay - saxophone (1970–1971, 2003–present)
* James Williamson - guitar (1971, 1972–1974, 2009–present)
* Mike Watt - bass (2003–present)

I would not rule out Scott Thurston. Does anybody have anything official about the line-up?
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:19 pm

They asked James on Facebook what equipment he would use:

JW "Hard to say at this point, most likely I'll use my Fender Blackface Princeton Reverb and Vox AC15 together if its the U.S. and if not we'll have to see what's available.
I'll use my old Les Paul that Brian Michaels restored and my telecaster, my Gibson 359 and possibly my Martin...and who knows maybe my Teisco :-)"

I can't believe this information is so exciting to me. haha
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:25 pm

Great news, I just creamed my jeans!!!!!

My Favourite Record is Raw power and that era songs are great...

I gotto catch them this time around or I would probably shoot myself!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:25 pm

Anybody else here actually more exited about hearing the Ron songs than the (second) reunion?

For me The Stooges centre around Ron's playing, don't get me wrong I love Williamson's stuff too and if they come to the UK I'll be trying to get tickets but it's not the same for me. I wish I could believe in heaven or an afterlife, all my family are religious, but I can't. So I guess I can just be happy for the legacy Ron left and that he went out on top like he always deserved. In that respect he'll never die.

Donald wrote:
What's going to happen to Steve? A JW Stooges line-up doing mostly Raw Power stuff won't need a sax player.

They COULD throw in some "Kill City" songs...

Rode Hard wrote:
And I'm with ya on the 60's. I HEARD it was whack. And it's all coming back too! It never really went away. The music, the fashion, the hair, the makeup, free love, Carnaby Street, mod everything.

And prog rock. Suicide BUT that also means there's gotta be another Stooges...of course it'll never be the same. But hey if they're a fraction as good I'll be happy.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:28 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
Anybody else here actually more exited about hearing the Ron songs than the (second) reunion?

[.

yes, I am! Great for the (second) reunion, but it's the Ron material that'll get me going most of all!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:47 pm

Hey Cyd, that info is exciting to me too. Imagine his Gibson thru his Vox! Talk about making your face melt!
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:52 pm

popmansam wrote:
So Lets Go back in time a few short days ago, like they do on scobbie do ,that wasnt you Cyd, that said'' we can forget about James ever playing Raw Power ever again'', probably your evil twin... No matter, Im saving up money now, if they lower themselves to playing for us poor crackers here in the US Im there. A 20 city tour would be nice, we could follow them around like a bunch of dead heads

popmansam? Are you reading my posts? Guess it's the livin proof somebody actually does. When I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong. And aren't you glad I was. That was a low point for me and I didn't wanna set myself up for a big letdown. Everybody kept pestering the livin' shit outta James on FB at the time and he wouldn't confirm it. Then Steve Jones took his place of all things. That's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it. YES it would be convenient to all go together in a hippy school bus and chase the band! Beads, bells, insence, peace, pot, flower power, and Hari Krishna. We would all HATE each other after that mess. haha Only thing is did you see up there where James said "IF IT'S THE U.S." I don't like the sound of that. And ya mon, save that money.
Back to top Go down
Funhouse

Funhouse

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 7:03 pm

It's great news. I loved Ron's playing and I think James' is fantastic too, just different. Surely we should just be happy that the Stooges live on, albeit in another incarnation and that Iggy will continue performing their songs.
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 7:07 pm

popmansam wrote:
Hey Cyd, that info is exciting to me too. Imagine his Gibson thru his Vox! Talk about making your face melt!

LOLZ @ "face melt." He's a FAST guitar player too. I might even watch him MORE than Iggy. Well, maybe not. My dream would be to get my guitar signed by James.
Back to top Go down
dorianmode

dorianmode

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 7:34 pm

Nadja wrote:
[
Great for the (second) reunion, but it's the Ron material that'll get me going most of all!!! cheers

have to agree with this!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raw Power LIVES!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: